Ebay Buyers - Possible 35% CASHBACK from Microsoft

prochobo

Limp Gawd
I read this thread yesterday and it seemed like a good deal:

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?t=846962&page=109

Freaking 35% back from Microsoft! The catch is, it only works on certain items, but it does cover some large purchases like PS3s, Xbox 360s, etc. It will only work on buy-it-now listings however. I would read the thread I linked to above for comments from others who have tried this.

Here are the terms and conditions for the offer from MS:
http://search.live.com/cashback/howToUse

Just wanted to pass this along since I know some people use ebay alot. This has the potential to save hundreds of dollars.

img1.jpg

This goes beyond just ebay buyers. Its similar to the cashback rewards system that Fatwallet has but with higher % of cashback and works for many online retailers... newegg included. They will deposit your cash to your paypal account or directly to your bank as well. Seems like a pretty sweet system.

Question: How do you check for cashback on ebay items, I am not seeing that?

the linked thread is a bit confusing.

This is supposedly how it works, although someone should correct me if i'm wrong.

1. go to www.live.com
  2. search for a product
  3. in the top, where the sponsored links are, there should be a ebay link, with a cashback image next to it.
  4. click that, and it will take you to ebay, where you will see the cashback icon above the search bar.
  5. ???
  6. PROFIT!!!

I only saw 10%, i don't know where this 35% off bullshit is.

Booya, got a PS3 40gb for $242 shipped, and Resistance for the PS3 for $24 shipped.
Major score.

Thanks for the info Neil. I too only see 10% cashback.

Edit: sprtnbsblplya, and MS is honoring the 35% cashback using this method? At the top it says: Buy It Now with PayPal and you may get cashback

Yep, just got two messages in my inbox saying I've earned $xxx in cashback.
The way it works is the vendor reports your cashback total to Live, which both Live and the people on SD are reporting takes 1 to 2 business days to show up in Live account, then Live waits 60 days to deposit it into your designated account so you wont return the item.
Great way to get into PS3 imho.
Got tired of the rocket engine Xbox 360, PS3 here I come.

You just made my day! $725 for an ebay bought eVGA GTX 280, minus 35% cashback = $250 off, = $475 + shipping for a GTX 280 :D :D :D!!! Thanks so much for posting this.

I just searched "cheap ps2" in the live search, got a 35% off icon that I clicked, went to check the gtx 280 item page in the same ebay window and before actually comitting to buy after pressing the buy it now button, it showed $250.00 cash back that I would earn.

EDIT: Message in my ebay account now shows $250.00 reward ready for redemption into the live account (able to be withdrawn after 60 days), WOOOOOO! :D

Man I need an HDTV for my new apartment in a few months. I could probably save a ton with this. Haven't done any research yet, argh. Rather buy from amazon or newegg but 35% off, wow. See what I can find...

Might pick up a PS3 at least. I was gonna wait until FFXIII, but the bluray would be very nice...

I purchased a ps3..
It pays to shop eBay! To get your US $124.23 cashback

1. Open the "You've earned cashback" message in My Messages
2. Click the Get cashback button to access or create your Microsoft account.
3. Microsoft will notify you that your cashback is available after 60 days (in case you decide to return your purchase). Then, simply tell Microsoft which PayPal account you want your cashback sent to!

But haven't gotten a message in the "my mesages folder" yet

Oh4Sho, give it time, it took mine a bit. Things in the electronic world dont always happen in 5 milliseconds like we would like. Its still gonna take 60 days to see your cash.

aem, the max you can get is $250, so make sure that HDTV isnt over like $700 or so.

this is risky, its all over the forums and MS will be paying a ton of money back, hopefully it all works out for you.

Oh4Sho, give it time, it took mine a bit. Things in the electronic world dont always happen in 5 milliseconds like we would like. Its still gonna take 60 days to see your cash.

aem, the max you can get is $250, so make sure that HDTV isnt over like $700 or so.

yes the max is $250, but you redeem this up to 3 times. So the max per transaction is $250 back, but you have 3 transactions.

I thought the same thing. I cant imagine the deep doodoo MS would get into if they dont honor this. False advertising to the max
Also, I think it is paid for in advertising dollars and "click through" links, kinda like if you click on a sponsors ad on someone's website. That is why you have to search for the item you want in the Live search box and click on a sponsored link.

yes the max is $250, but you redeem this up to 3 times. So the max per transaction is $250 back, but you have 3 transactions.

Yup, it's clearly stated in the terms and conditions :D.

I thought the same thing. I cant imagine the deep doodoo MS would get into if they dont honor this. False advertising to the max
Also, I think it is paid for in advertising dollars and "click through" links, kinda like if you click on a sponsors ad on someone's website. That is why you have to search for the item you want in the Live search box and click on a sponsored link.

Yup to this too, not worried at all really :). Might go buy something else too :D.

Thanks, I got it :p

Couldn't resist, Assassin's Creed PC for $22 shipped after cashback, Mass Effect PC $24 shipped after cashback... :).

anyone know if this applies to .ca as well? I clicked into ebay but I cant see where it says possible cash back =(

I dont think it does.
Just try the link I provided above and do the instructions to get an eBay link for 35% off, and see if the product you want will ship to you.

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, could have gotten an iPod touch for $100 cheaper! I bought it two days ago though :(

Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, could have gotten an iPod touch for $100 cheaper! I bought it two days ago though :(

Dude, me too, I bought a Thinkpad X40 last night for $320 (which is a damn good deal as it is for all the accessories I got and it is in like new condition), but it pisses me off that I coulda gotten it for like $210.

ok guys. i think i figured it out.

- search live.com for any link that specifies 35% off (in my case i searched "moofia" my gf's vinyl toys) you might have to refresh a couple times.
- use that link for the moofia set (35% item)
- search for whatever you want to buy
- and 35% will show up for eligible items

let me know if this works for you

ok guys. i think i figured it out.

- search live.com for any link that specifies 35% off (in my case i searched "moofia" my gf's vinyl toys) you might have to refresh a couple times.
- use that link for the moofia set (35% item)
- search for whatever you want to buy
- and 35% will show up for eligible items

let me know if this works for you

Exactly what I did.
But instead of vinyl toys (wtf? kinky) I searched for cheap memory card and did exactly what you did.

I didnt see an end date, but I'm guessing soon as most links are converting to 10% off instead of 35% off from what I read on SD, seems like MS is plugging up the holes.

OK guys, here's the simple guide to getting the 35% off:

Go to www.live.com

Search for a random item like: cheap ps2 ... cheap tivo ... cheap games .... or the like

You will see in sponsored links at the top: Get up to 35% cash back with this purchase on ebay!

Click that, then in the search box in the new window, search for what you ACTUALLY want to buy (example with my own item (an Xbox 360 20GB HDMI Falcon w/ 9 games), you could put the item # in for instance which is 280235740667: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280237540667 )

Click Buy It Now on the item you want (my $470 example becomes $305 after cash back).

BEFORE confirming you want to buy, make sure it says you will earn 35% cash back with the purchase on the confirmation page that you have to click the final confirm button on.

Once bought, pay and you will get a message in your My Ebay a few minutes later confirming the cashback is ready.

Go into that message, and click the button to make your Live account if you don't have one, and the cashback should show as pending within a day or so.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Mmmm, 250 or 260 for bank for the buck, 300 series if you want to spend a tad more.
I almost bought the fiancee a 260w for hella cheap.

I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s with this. It will be like $93.60 brand new with the cash back. Combine this with the $40 Logitech G15 from Amazon and it has been a good day.

I just bought a pair of Beyerdynamic DT770s with this. It will be like $93.60 brand new with the cash back. Combine this with the $40 Logitech G15 from Amazon and it has been a good day.

how'd you get the g15 for so cheap?

edit: nevermind, found it

Looks like the searchs "cheap memory card" and cheap ps3" have been fixed and only show the 10% cashback now.

Pretty sure the 35% is gone. It was working fine right before I left work and when I got home, no go. :(

Back