I Just bought this used Case..looking for idea's

Darkside

[H]ard|Gawd
I got a good deal on this case..Of course I'm going to clean it up :eek:
I've always like this case..Falcon NorthWest has used it for awhile and I got alot of their inside wiring pictures so I know what I'm going to do inside :D

But the outside needs some work,,so here are some idea's running around in my head

1) Should I sandblaster off the black and keep it silver( One of my favorite Colors),,Buffing the case would take awhile for sure..:confused:

2) Should I get it powdercoated ?..I found a place not far from home that can do it..I'm going by there tomorrow to let them look at it.

Guys..I need some help with this..
Input need..I'm thinking of keeping this puppy for awhile
see picture of the case below....the dirt is not the problem,Its the scratches,and dings..ya know!

silver1fc6.jpg

silver4me5.jpg

silver10wb1.jpg

silver5sy0.jpg

silver12fs7.jpg

So guys what do you think I should do ??

You should wash it, and send it to me!

Really though, most of it just looks like dirt. Are there any big scratches or dents?

I think the sandblasting sounds like a pretty good idea, although there is the possibility that the case parts could become warped by the pressure.

yea, big NO to sandblasting. probably walnut shell blasting or something along those lines. Aluminum that thin might not fair to well against sand.

That case looks fine, just dusty as hell. If you want to get it looking mint again, do a full teardown of the whole thing, clean it up, and repaint it youself. There are a lot of guides for painting a PC case and lots of people on this forum are great resources to help you along.

Dings and scratches you can fix yourself too.

Thanks for the input guys..I see a lot of Potential in this case.
GigantoR..I wont know till tomoorw once I revd the case..

Zero82z,criccio..after reading up a bit on the sandblasting..that would be a little harsh on the case.!

ocellaris...I wish I had the time to do the work..the Cleaning is no biggie for me..But I want the case to look right..I'll still do a search again here on [H] and see what information I find... maybe how to remove the paint and smooth over the dings and stuff..

Anyway I report back after it arrives ..

looks like a very good case to start with, i think u can do just about anything with it.
just use your imagination ^^

Mr_And3rsson..that what i thought when I saw it,,and nobody wanted it..Of course you had to look pass the DIRT ! :D

Yeah, do NOT sandblast an aluminum case. I sandblasted an aluminum case I had painted because I wanted to repaint it a different color and it warped it so bad nothing fit back together.

I've always loved the TJ-03. Such a good lookin case.

As everyone else has said, it really needs cleaning (how dare the old owner make the thing that dirty!) But, apart from that, it looks alright. That front panel has some long scratches though...

I personally would get it painted, they look great when you do that.

Mr_And3rsson.. right :D

cjvdh ,,yeah I'm thinking about that

E.E.L. Ambiense ...hehe..i got it first..the seller was really kool..gave me a great deal for sure :D

lamboman ..for the price it was a steal..so the dirt is no prob :D

And I got the case this morning..FEDEX :D..Love those guys..FAST!

Well folks...todayI went to this powderCoating shop here in Sunny Florida "Aluminum Powder Coating"..nice lady at the front Ms De Leon showed me all of the colors they will do..the price to me seems a little high..$250 for the Dip per color so if I want the inside "roman silver" $250 and the outside Matte Black $250..ouch ..I have to clean off all the paint and get it ready b4 the Powder Coat..these are some of the colors below,they had alot of them but these were my favorites....again..your input would be great :p

colorsetforcasesq8.jpg

GigantoR ..yep it has some scratches,but if i strip off all the paint and sand it for the powdercoat that should be no problem..I'm looking it over now..still looks hot even with the dirt on it :D

omg, I LOVE those cases!

I hate you for getting your hands on one, I can never find them!

yeah silver inside/black outside would look realy nice... but for those prices, i'd rather choose to do it with spraycans instead even though the result might not be as good but its gonna be alot cheaper

Mr_And3rsson ..what I may end you doing is check around to see if another company can do it for me cheaper..or maybe check out a local body shop..
If i go with the powder coat I may only do the outside,,

Mr_And3rsson.. right :D

cjvdh ,,yeah I'm thinking about that

E.E.L. Ambiense ...hehe..i got it first..the seller was really kool..gave me a great deal for sure :D

lamboman ..for the price it was a steal..so the dirt is no prob :D

And I got the case this morning..FEDEX :D..Love those guys..FAST!

Well folks...todayI went to this powderCoating shop here in Sunny Florida "Aluminum Powder Coating"..nice lady at the front Ms De Leon showed me all of the colors they will do..the price to me seems a little high..$250 for the Dip per color so if I want the inside "roman silver" $250 and the outside Matte Black $250..ouch ..I have to clean off all the paint and get it ready b4 the Powder Coat..these are some of the colors below,they had alot of them but these were my favorites....again..your input would be great :p

colorsetforcasesq8.jpg

I'm thinking it would look really good with the 3rd color to the right

I would say do the whole thing one color. Either the Roman Silver or the Anthracite. Either one would look good with black fans, or whatever your preference may be. Its easy to come up with a color scheme with one base color instead of trying to match multiple colors.

Mr_And3rsson ..what I may end you doing is check around to see if another company can do it for me cheaper..or maybe check out a local body shop..
If i go with the powder coat I may only do the outside,,

yeah do that, i'm sure there's some cheaper options^^

anthracite inside and outside. with todays colorful hardware, black inside is a great way to make everything really pop and shine.

besides that, isnt every standard case silver inside? :confused:

personally, i would just perfectly clean it, get rid of the stickers and use it. but thats me ;)

timme..thanks for your input..I'm going to think about it over the weekend..I'll for sure let you guys know just what I do. :D

gwarren007 ..thank for the link...do you know anybody that has use these guys ??.
Oh..I really don't want to do the work myself..working most of the time..I'm looking for a service to do it for a good price :cool:

do the painting by yourself, even if you ask a body shop to do it for you. They're still going to charge you from than $150, I'm just guessing here. This is just a small job to them and it is not worth it to them to take on a small job like this, they have to charge you enough to make some money from you. Unless, you know some body in the painting business will do you a favor for cheap.

Just get some sandpapers, a can of primer and maybe a couple cans of paint for under $50, with a little elbow grease and love then you will have a brand new case. If it is going to cost you over $150 - $200 then you might go buy a brand new case instead.

gwarren007 ..thank for the link...do you know anybody that has use these guys ??.
Oh..I really don't want to do the work myself..working most of the time..I'm looking for a service to do it for a good price :cool:

This is a major suppkier to the do it yourself guys in the automotoive field. I have bought products from them, but not this product. Search Hot Rod and other publications for articles on using these products.

Deton ..I've been think about that all weekend.. your statement make alot of sence money wise..I really would like to just get it done and put my cpu together..mmmh

gwarren007,,yes thank for the reply..denton make a good point..we'll see :D

Darkside,
Have you heard of a guy name Bill Owens from MNPCTECH?
He has a shop specialize doing PC modding but I don't think he is any where near you live though. I forgot where he located, damn.

If you feel you're not incline enough to do it by yourself, you can contact him or watch his work blogs and case painting guide to give you some idea and the confident to DIY. He does use spray cans paint as well.

Here check out this 101 paint tutorial
http://www.mnpctech.com/CaseModTutorials.html
and don't forget to check out his forums for some good work blogs

Damn, how much did you get that for.

The owner didn't take great care of this $300 case.

$70 bucks :D..cleaned up very nice.,,I took the case apart and did a job on it :eek:
Now I'm just debating painting it myself (Deton.. ref site is great with info)..Or paying to powderCoat the outside "anthracite" and the inside frame and sliding motherboard tray "Matte Black"..see Color's above..:confused:

Here is the color and texture I'm looking for with black semi gloss interior ..FNW :D
Color is Right On the Money ! !

iconacurasagehikn5.jpg

That's a total rip for the powder coating service. www.indypowdercoating.com

They did my full tower rocketfish case, included sandblasting and the coating for $60! Turn around time was 5 days!

$250 is way tooooooo much.

Nate

250 is F'in WAY TOO MUCH. Does it come with a stripper for a night too?

I had my case powder coated black satin semi-gloss for $60. The case itself was 40 and each of the two HDD cages were 10 a piece.

Shop around for a better estimate :D

Wow..thanks you guys for the updated info
IndyGSX..thank you for the input..I'll check that out right now :D

Keep The Volume Up..where did ya go..can you post info plz..thx :)

Back