When is the 790GX coming out?

shraz

Limp Gawd
Any dates and prices? Do you think the 780G is enough if I don't CrossFire? as the prices will probably drop.

Wondering sort of the same thing. With the amount of info about the 790GX starting to trickle onto the interwebs, I'm thinking E3 announcement followed by on-sale by end-of-month.

I highly doubt it will be here by the end of july. I would say around September to be more accurate. I was looking at goin AMD myself.

Yeah but who will release the first boards?? Prolly the low end manufacturers. Prolly not asus who im waiting for of course.

DFI and MSI are two high-end maufacturers with boards scheduled. And Asrock has a 790GX board planned. We can snicker, but reading reviews around the web, their cheapie boards are often out prforming the big boys for half the price, so worth a perusal. Oh, and I know Jetway has one in the works as well.

Not soon enough for me. I got a cheap ecs board to run my phenom in until the new stuff shows up, and the overclocking options are horrid, although I was expecting them to be anyways in such a cheap board. I

July was stated many times by a lot of sites, but now that we are into it who knows. I have several builds waiting on the 790GX though. :( Picking up a dirt cheap AM2+ board isn't a bad way to go as mentioned if you have to build now, or watch for a frys or newegg deal where they throw in a crap board for free.

Gigabyte also has a 790GX board layout done.

how does that new Hybrid work? Does the onboard video card take control on windows while idle and the slot card on when in a game?

I can't wait for the DFI, I've been thinking of picking up A cheap open box Lanparty 790FX at newegg to tie me over. I returned my unopened 9850 for the new 9950 and I keep hearing that when its paired with the new SB750 it should be magical.

I'll try to dig up links but I'd love to see if its possible to hit 4ghz with the 9950BE w/ the 6 magic pins on the SB750 everyone seems to be hitting the 3.1-3.2 range so we'll see =D

Does Jetway make good mobos? I'm eyeing the HA06-ULTRA
http://www.jetway.com.tw/jw/product_picture.asp?proid=510&proname=HA06-Ultra

AMD™ 790GX Chipset and AMD™ SB750 Chipset
Support Socket AM2+ Phenom™ processors
Support HT 3.0
Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300(For Directx 10)
Support ATI Hybrid CrossFire
Support PCI Express 2.0 x16
Dual Channel DDR2 1066/800 Memory DIMMs Supported
Integrated Serial ATA¢º 3Gb/s with RAID function
Ready for Windows® Vista™
PCI Express Gigabit LAN Supported
8-Channel HD Audio CODEC
CPU Vcore 7-Shift/DVI Port/Debug Port /HDMI port
Integrated 128MB side port memory
ATX Form Factor

Hybrid crossfires probably not a bad way to go if you are going sff and don't have room for a full height card. You can get a 3850 for $25, and if its really a 40-70% increase in performace like that article says, its probably worth the money.

Can't wait! I wanna see how this will work out with my new 9950 i'll be getting this week!!

A preview is up from the frontpage:

http://www.hardwarezone.com/articles/view.php?cid=6&id=2618

It's getting close!

DOH! It's an FX with the new southbridge. Still, it means the new SB is close.

Nice find, OldPueblo. The 790FX w/SB750 is what I'm interested in, so the appearance of a retail board in preview definitely makes me optimistic :)

What's that VIA chip doing under the SB750? Vinyl? SATA? I'm definitely gun-shy of VIA's previous SATA controllers.... :rolleyes:

Nice find, OldPueblo. The 790FX w/SB750 is what I'm interested in, so the appearance of a retail board in preview definitely makes me optimistic :)

What's that VIA chip doing under the SB750? Vinyl? SATA? I'm definitely gun-shy of VIA's previous SATA controllers.... :rolleyes:

Could just be firewire.

The way they talk about DTS/Dolby certification, I'm hoping it's a beefed-up Vinyl implementation of some sort ;)

You & me both, man. I've got a pair of 9950's & a pair of 4GB kits of 1066 waiting for a couple 790FX + SB750's.

Going to be really interesting to see the performance #s comparison betw the new FX & the GX.

The wait on these boards are the ONLY reason I havent pulled the trigger on my 9950! PLEASE LIVE UP TO THE HYPE!

Any idea on the prices on the 780gx and 790fx version 2?

lol hi there t =D

and honestly I didn't even realize I did it lol! I wish we could get at least 1 review out but it looks like we may not hear anything at all until the last week of July if we're lucky

Yeah, I actually checked back over there on that thread b/c I was wondering if that guy Nedjo maybe knew something we don't when he said that the launch is, "just around the corner."

You & me both, man. I've got a pair of 9950's & a pair of 4GB kits of 1066 waiting for a couple 790FX + SB750's.

Glad I found this thread. I'm just as eager as all of you. I just ordered an AMD Phenom 9950, Sapphire Radeon HD 4870, 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066 and a WD Velociraptor HDD and all I need now is a mobo to bring all that together!

Back