Lian Li PC-V600 PC-A05B Hybrid -Worklog

Ken_C

Weaksauce
Here is my attempt to take all the great of the Lian Li PC-V600 and PC-A05B and make the perfect LanParty PC- Yes this thing is small and light.

Sponsor : EK waterblocks Thanks
ek.jpg

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core Duo E7200 @ 3.8 Ghz 1.272V
Motherboard: Asus P5K-E
RAM: Muskin Redline [4-4-4-182 2T ] @400
Graphic: VisionTek ATI Radeon HD 4870
HDD: 2X 36gB WD Raptors RAiD 0
Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 226BW LCD (22")
Power Supply: SilverStone Zeus ST85ZF 850W
Casing: Lian Li PC-V600-Modded

Tools used:
Pencile
masking tap
jig saw with fine blade
tin snips
metal files.

Materials needed:
.06 thick piece of aluminum 8x8
.08 thick pices of acrylic for window

Latest Pics.
040.jpg

057.jpg

031.jpg

002.jpg

146.jpg

154.jpg

085.jpg

I see what you did now. Nice work. It came out real clean, like a totally different, unmodded case. That's how a mod should be.

Great mod. Some thing lian li should look at. And also the fan thats on the side of the hard drives, Where is it getting air from?

Can you post a pic of the front with the grill off?

Im looking to do the exact same mod when i start buidling my system in the next couple weeks. I love the look of the v600 but like the layout of the A05. This will be perfect harmony!!

Great mod. Some thing lian li should look at. And also the fan thats on the side of the hard drives, Where is it getting air from?

It take the air from the thousands of holes on the side. I have two raptors raid 0 and its well cooled.

Can you post a pic of the front with the grill off?

Im looking to do the exact same mod when i start buidling my system in the next couple weeks. I love the look of the v600 but like the layout of the A05. This will be perfect harmony!!

Unfortuantly there is no grill to come off. Its is a single piece of aluminum which makes it very strong.

nice work, i have mod idea in mind with this case, followed by many more..,:). However, very nice mod and you have provided more ideas for me.

Redesigned the inside a bit. Added a SilverStone Zeus ST85ZF 850W Power Supply.
insideclean.jpg

Good news EK Water Blocks has decided to sponor me the following:

1 x EK-DDC X-RES 100
DDC-X-RES-100a.jpg

1 x EK-NB/SB ASUS 1 - Acetal
NBSB1Acetal1.jpg

1 x EK-Mosfet ASUS 3a - Acetal (X38)
EK-Mosfet-ASUS-3a-Acetal.jpg

1 x EK-FC4870 CF - Acetal
EK-FC4870-Nickel.jpg

1 x EK-Supreme - Acetal (universal socket)
EK-Supreme-775-Acetal.jpg

These are comming from EU so it will take awhile for the install.

I had my sponsors logo etched on the side panel. The EK res will be just behind it should look sharp.

EK-1.jpg

Here is my attempt at making the wheels. They turned out ok but not as nice as Lian Li's

005.jpg

I found these at performance pcs. I cant wait to see them on the case

LL_Casters_BK_01.jpg

wow, amazing, very unique, great job, I love mods like this, all for functionality and not all about the bling factor.

looks super clean, just the way I like my computers/cars/etc..

I recieved a package from EK today. I must say they look amazing I cannot capture just how good these look. I really like the product EK puts out. Im still waiting on a few more parts to come in so stay tuned for the build.

3.jpg

The inside is done. Im still waiting on some parts for the outside pics.

085.jpg

067.jpg

041.jpg

046.jpg

075.jpg

Wow I finally got around to doing some testing I was able to get 58% overclock on an e7200 and a 100% overclock on the FSB. Im very impressed with my EK blocks.

4ghzstable.jpg

Love this case! You have the nicest one I have seen. And Love all the EK blocks. They look hella clean. Nice work man! And can you send me a link where you got your backround? :)

You should be happy with Eddy's stuff; he makes awesome kit! I generally go straight to EK for blocks when I start a new project/build/mod. And his GPU full-cover blocks can't be beat.

Anyways, nice build.

It was off an old dead ati video card.

blast! it's an awesome fan. it looks like a brand i've seen but has since discontinued production (temporarily, they may be back in business), and only distributes in europe anyway. and i can't remember the name anyway.

anyway, awesome build. very slick.

edit: nevermind about the a above. i just remembered the name because they're available at PPCS -- nanoxia: http://www.performance-pcs.com/cata...ge=product_info&cPath=36_49&products_id=24881

Back