Recover data from RAID-0 array

ARH

n00b
Hi

I have two160GB SATA HDD from MAXTOR, configured in a RAID-0 array, they works well for several years ,but my motherboard break down yesterday and I should change it AsAp. I am worrying about my valuable data in the RAID-0 array. I scare if I connect my HDD to another motherboard, RAID-0 array destroyed.
my motherboard is Gigabyte K8NS-Pro, based on NVIDIA nForce3 250. would you mind help me to found a solution for recovering my valuable data ?

Regards
Alireza Haghdoost

You would have to get the same chipset so that the raid has a chance to work on another board.
You should just restore your files from your backup, and not use Raid0 on the new board

R0?
Get the EXACT same board to replace it with, and pray.

G'luck. This is why this board generally says R0 for just windows and games (and another drive for your valuable data) or for nothing at all.

Thanks

if I couldn't find the same mainboard any where how I can do ? it it work with other NVIDIA raid controller ?

ARH

Defiantly try to get the same motherboard. If you get a different mobo, it will either not like how the old raid drives were set up, or windows will not boot because of all the different drivers.

Check out ebay.

R0?
Get the EXACT same board to replace it with, and pray.

G'luck. This is why this board generally says R0 for just windows and games (and another drive for your valuable data) or for nothing at all.

+1 and good luck

as long as you don't write anything to the disks I think you should be fine plugging them into another motherboard and trying this software

http://www.runtime.org/raid.htm

never used it but have heard about it a few times.

I've used it a couple of times now for clients in your situation. Basically goes like this: plug RAID0 drives into a working system just as single drives (not RAID), use RAID Reconstructor to find the drives and create a RAID volume (sort of acts like it makes a software RAID version), then fire up GetDataBack (also by Runtime) and load the RAID volume that RAID Reconstructor made.

Runs a bit slow, but while you're waiting you can consider a backup solution for your data. ;)

Back