BFG Offers Cash Back to GTX 280 / GTX 260 Owners

honestjohn

Gawd
BFG steps up to the plate and offers up to $120 Cash Back....

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrebate260280.aspx

Maybe a Mod could merge all these Cash Back threads into one big one.

BFG GTX 280/260 Customer Rebate

Due to recent price drops in the market on the GeForce GTX series graphics cards, BFG is offering customers who purchased and registered a BFG GTX 280 or 260 graphics card between June 16 and July 16 2008 up to $120 based on the model and price paid.

Also, for qualified customers, BFG will offer $50 off the purchase of a second GTX 200 series card of the same model you already have to help complete your SLI system.

Cash back offer does not apply to Trade Up cards
You must contact BFG within 14 calendar days to see if you qualify
Once you contact us, we'll verify your registration and proof of purchase and provide you further details

If you meet the criteria above and would like to take advantage of this offer please fill out the form below and we'll contact you with more details.

* This rebate is only avaliable for US & Canadian customers.

Damn, registration ends today?

With my luck the BFG I purchased at Best Buy 2 days ago won't qualify because by the time I get home, it will be July 17th whatever time their server is on. I live in Hawaii and it's still July 16! :mad:

Well I will try and register and see what happens when I get home 2 hours from now.

mine was trade-up, so it doesn't apply, but damn cool of BFG to follow suit.

I'd like to know why this is only being done in US and Canada. There are also many of us in Europe who bought cards when they first came out and, in many cases, paid even more than people in North America when considering the exchange rate. I know there are some BFG reps that browse the forums. If one of you could chime in here it would be really appreciated.

I just read in the evga forums that their cashback program is being offered worldwide. BFG should definitely follow suit.

BFG should at least give us trade-up people what we paid to trade-up! :mad: These trade-ups/step-ups are rip offs. They aren't near the great deal you think they would be. I would have been much better off selling my 9800GX2 and buying a GTX 280.

I would be amazingly peeved off if I was a european customer who had already paid over the odds for their BFG cards after being shafted by poor exchange rate conversions... as well as Nvidia overpricing.. !

It doesnt affect me currently however, and I am now assuming the cards are more reasonably priced ... erm.. just checked.... WTF ??
all prices from overclockers.co.uk taken today at 2pm :

£146 for a 9800 GTX+ OC (BFG)
£211 for a 260 OC (BFG)
£340 for a 280 OC (BFG)

*only OC versions were for sale.. which were competitive to other companies standard versions anyway.

or

£132 for a 4850 (Sapphire)
£180 for a 4870 (Sapphire)

I thought the prices of the Nvidia cards were supposed to be competitive now ?????? What the hell ?

For $$ rates, just multiply the above by 2 to give you an idea of the ridiculous rates we are paying in Europe. (or not paying if you see where I am going !!)

BFG should at least give us trade-up people what we paid to trade-up! :mad: These trade-ups/step-ups are rip offs. They aren't near the great deal you think they would be. I would have been much better off selling my 9800GX2 and buying a GTX 280.

I don't know. It really depends on when you would have sold your GX2. I figure I could have gotten rid of mine for 350.00, then waited until the recent price drops and paid 450.00 for a GTX. Would have cost me around a hundred bucks. That's what my trade up cost me, only I didn't have to wait for price drops.

I'd like to know why this is only being done in US and Canada. There are also many of us in Europe who bought cards when they first came out and, in many cases, paid even more than people in North America when considering the exchange rate. I know there are some BFG reps that browse the forums. If one of you could chime in here it would be really appreciated.

We do apologize for the current limitation to North America at this time. We are working on a way to support our European customers with this rebate, but there are several logistical issues preventing us from doing it effectively right away. Please know that as soon as we can find a feasible method to issue rebates to European customers, we will.

Fair enough. Thank you very much for taking the time to reply and explain the situation.

The GX2 was fetching 450 at the time the 280 broke at 650 , had the 280 hit the market at 450 your gx2 would only have been worth 300 dollars so what is the difference. The way i look at it i paid 50 dollars to step up to a better performing card that is still worth 400 or more and so i am still at least 50 ahead had i kept my Gx2.

That being said, I want my 50 bucks since based on traditional step up criteria we would not be able to get the difference but should have gotten an even trade

The GX2 was fetching 450 at the time the 280 broke at 650 , had the 280 hit the market at 450 your gx2 would only have been worth 300 dollars so what is the difference. The way i look at it i paid 50 dollars to step up to a better performing card that is still worth 400 or more and so i am still at least 50 ahead had i kept my Gx2.

That being said, I want my 50 bucks since based on traditional step up criteria we would not be able to get the difference but should have gotten an even trade
We are going to be proactively contacting Trade Up customers who purchased GTX 200 series cards to give them the difference in Trade Up cost. In some cases that will mean they'll get their full money back. The recent price drops have been a relatively unique situation that have made this the "right" thing to do for our customers. We want Trade Up to be a benefit that makes sense. Thanks for your understanding and patience during this process.

We are going to be proactively contacting Trade Up customers who purchased GTX 200 series cards to give them the difference in Trade Up cost. In some cases that will mean they'll get their full money back. The recent price drops have been a relatively unique situation that have made this the "right" thing to do for our customers. We want Trade Up to be a benefit that makes sense. Thanks for your understanding and patience during this process.

interesting. should we expect emails or what?

Yes. We're getting all the data together now and should be able to start contacting people next week.

John, thanks much for this effort. I did a trade up from my GX2 and if you guys are going to refund us after this HUGE price drop I can guarantee that I will stick with BFG from now on. Drop me a PM if you need any info on my trade up. Once again thanks for being a company that takes care of its customers!!

Did you think they offer the step-up out of the kindness of their hearts? Its just a ploy to make more money.

John, thanks much for this effort. I did a trade up from my GX2 and if you guys are going to refund us after this HUGE price drop I can guarantee that I will stick with BFG from now on. Drop me a PM if you need any info on my trade up. Once again thanks for being a company that takes care of its customers!!

I agree. Between offering cash back on trade-ups and the awesome support I was recently given on my GTX, if I'm buying an Nvidia gpu, it WILL be BFG.

BFG steps up to the plate and offers up to $120 Cash Back....

http://www.bfgtech.com/bfgrebate260280.aspx

Maybe a Mod could merge all these Cash Back threads into one big one.

Has anyone else tried this? I've submitted my information several times at reasonable intervals and gotten nothing so much as a confirmation of their having recieved my request. I understand it's been a relatively short time but I didn't want to procrastinate.

i submitted my info when it was first announced and haven't heard anything back yet

Yeah same here. Submitted several times since they put it up and haven't heard anything so I called them today. I wasn't told much aside from the fact that I should be receiving an email soon. Comforting... :rolleyes:

We are sorting through all the requests right now, and we will be in touch with everyone that submitted a request very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Are we supposed to submit a request if we traded up?

No, I have all the information from the trade up orders, and I will take care of those. I should have everything sorted out by the end of this week. If there are any specific questions, feel free to PM me.

We are sorting through all the requests right now, and we will be in touch with everyone that submitted a request very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

awesome, thanks for keeping us posted..it is nice to know progress is being made :)

Outstanding

We do apologize for the current limitation to North America at this time. We are working on a way to support our European customers with this rebate, but there are several logistical issues preventing us from doing it effectively right away. Please know that as soon as we can find a feasible method to issue rebates to European customers, we will.

Do you have any updates for your European customers?

I got a voice mail and an email from Jeff today. I will contact him tomorrow to follow through with the rebate. I received my GTX 280 from a trade-up.

I received an email from them yesterday afternoon, sounds like I am being taken care of, but I haven't confirmed it yet. Said they were crediting the $ I spent on step up back to my CC (which would have been my DC). I didn't get a chance to check if its back on there yet, but I have no reason to believe it wouldn't be.

I still haven't heard anything on my refund from my trade-up yet.

I need to get in on this since I own two BFG Geforce GTX 280 OC cards.

I just got a phone call from BFG. They are issuing a credit to me today. Outstanding.

Evga is good but I know i would have had to call them to get any kind of satisfaction. BFG just raised the bar and has a customer for life

Back