Absolutely Smoking Deal: Nvidia 8800GT for $119 + shipping

what is a 4570?

anyway 4850 have been spotted for $135 recently, which might be the better buy

4570 is meant to be 4870, got my numbers turned around.

As far as the 4850 goes, I had two of them but wasn't very impressed with just one card. I didn't have a Intel x35, 38, 45 or 48 based motherboard so was never able to xfire the two of them to check that out.

Decided to go with a 4870.

I can tell you, if you play WoW, and alt-tab a lot, the 8800gt is instant, the 4850 - 70 is not. This could be something to do with the DAC's or whatever, I don't know. But there is screen lag when you alt-tab out of WoW and I assume a few other games as well.

Minor annoyance but one nonetheless.

Also, could you post the link for the $135 4850? Thanks in advance.

I checked out some quick reviews, and they all seem possitive so I'm in for one. Thanks again.

How does the performance of this compare to a 4850.
I am in the market for a card. I am in no hurry(won't have access to the PC I'm upgrading for a few weeks) and was planning on just picking up a 4850(and a corsair 520 HX, because my PSU is weak) when I get a chance.

I am def staying under $200 on the video card and obviously would like to spend as little as possible for the best performance possible(mostly CS:S and TF2).

TheCAD,

I have a 8800GT in the rig in my sig..

I have TF2 maxed, but no AA, or AF.. never tried turning them on.. It handles it like a champ..

I'd recommend the 8800gt to users.

I have botht he 8800gt and 4850. If you can get the 4850 for less than $160, get it. If you can get the 8800gt for less than $125ish, get it.

If I were building a new rig, I'd personally go with the 4850. If not TREMENDOUSLY faster than the 880GT, but it does allow for a little bit more eye candy.

4850 would crush this but gl finding a 4850 close to this price without any mir crap.

This is what happens when the competition heats up ... finally!

Let's hope AMD (with new CEO) can get their cpu act together for similar results.

this is definately a hot deal.... especially if you ran 2 in sli they are powerful.... the 4850 is more powerful but also costs more so you cant really compare the 2 in this deal.

It is making you pick an extended service plan... I tried to bite... would it be a great upgrade from a 7950 GT with 256mb? :)

alt tabbing in and out of wow is not so much a video card issue as it is a ram / cpu / resolution issue

first and foremost, make sure your desktop resolution, refresh rate and color (16vs32 bit) is the same as in game

I own a 7900gs, 8800GT, 8800GTX, and now a 4870, all setting is various computers. Have played WoW since the start, currently have a Black Temple geared rogue, Silentdeath on Dragonmaw.

Yeah, all the settings in-game are the same as the desktop. The Nvidia cards have instant alt-tab, the new ATI doesn't. There is some lag which is annoying as hell. If anyone has a solution, I'm all ears.

Yeah, all the settings in-game are the same as the desktop. The Nvidia cards have instant alt-tab, the new ATI doesn't. There is some lag which is annoying as hell. If anyone has a solution, I'm all ears.

Tried playing in windowed mode - maximized? I see about a 4-5FPS loss by doing this, but it allows for easier access to things running in the backround. Even with the slight FPS loss, the game still runs great on an 8800gt, everything turned up it looks just like full screen mode.

I have a BFG 8800GT, should I buy this one and make a SLI system? I have no experience with it..
What do you guys think?
I remember, I paid $220 for my 8800GT a few months ago..

4570 is meant to be 4870, got my numbers turned around.

As far as the 4850 goes, I had two of them but wasn't very impressed with just one card. I didn't have a Intel x35, 38, 45 or 48 based motherboard so was never able to xfire the two of them to check that out.

Decided to go with a 4870.

I can tell you, if you play WoW, and alt-tab a lot, the 8800gt is instant, the 4850 - 70 is not. This could be something to do with the DAC's or whatever, I don't know. But there is screen lag when you alt-tab out of WoW and I assume a few other games as well.

Minor annoyance but one nonetheless.

Also, could you post the link for the $135 4850? Thanks in advance.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1326810

TheCAD,

I have a 8800GT in the rig in my sig..

I have TF2 maxed, but no AA, or AF.. never tried turning them on.. It handles it like a champ..

I'd recommend the 8800gt to users.

In Source you can totally turn on AA, and AF is practically free nowadays. Boo to soupy textures!

I wonder what fan they are using because some card companies never went with the larger fan. also PNY ha been putting non adjustable 2 prong fans on their newest 9600gt cards.

Back