Samsung 2443BWX (new?) vs 245BW

daweinah

Weaksauce
I've searched for the 2443BWX but could hardly come up with any decent reviews, pics or specs.. even Samsung's product page doesn't show anything clearly. I'm wondering if its a brand new product?

I was finally able to find this product brochure that has basically everything you need to know. It looks like the main difference is a lower brightness but higher dynamic contrast on the 2443BWX vs the 245BW.

The reason I ask about these monitors is Costco currently has the 245BW for $380, and will soon have a coupon for the 2443BWX for $350 (normal price will be $400, which was the 245BW's normal price until a week or so ago when the price was dropped to make room for the 2443BWX replacement.

PS Does anyone know what the X stands for in the product name?

The display just got set up today at the Costco I work at. The menu buttons are those sweet heat sensitive spots where you just touch it and the menu pops up. I'm surprised it's not mentioned anywhere in the product info because that's a pretty sweet feature imo.

I saw the 2443bwx at costco too. I'm looking for a slimmer 24. My 245bw is huge.
The lack of height adjustment is a bummer since you cannot tilt it downwards. I tried it out and it will only tilt up. If it suffers from the same viewing angles of the 245bw then I'll probably skip it because I need to tilt my screen downwards to view it comfortably.

Does the 2443bw have height adjustment? and is the panel the same or better?

yes 2443BW has heightadjustment but it has matte frame (2443BWX has pianoblack glossy frame)

Back