Antec 1200/ unnamed

bacon

[H]ard|Gawd
Still haven't decided on the name...

Just got the case yesterday, and put about eight hours in so far. Probably got at least 8 more till its done.

Out of the box and onto the table..

And now she is naked..

Pile-o-parts

I am chambering the power supply, and hdd's. Used AC Ryan 2mm aluminum panel.

Some chrome, and blue flake paint, and diamond plate....

And fitting it all back together..

Gonna be doing some flame work with the same blue and adding red over the black side panels. Waiting on the new power supply should be here next week, and will do a change over to uv blue.

All sleeving will be uv blue, but most of my wiring will be hidden anyways.

A few updates..

Did a little wiring and some other stuff today. Got the chamber worked out, and all the metal fab is done and painted.

I used the rubberized stuff that you would undercoat a vehicle with to help with vibrations.

Made this for supporting the top chamber panel. All will be riveted in.

Also coated the bottom

Thats enough for today.

Some updated pics of the wiring and the finished chamber.

wow, keep up the good work, I am liking the color scheme you are working with.

Ok so I am pretty much finished with everything except the bay replacement mesh. It will be here this week, everything else is assembled.

I flipped the top 200 as it just makes more sense to me for the air flow to be in one direction. The front 120s pull in, the back and the top out.

This isn't the quietest case I have ever owned but the air flow is amazing. The chamber worked out great as well, and the hdds and psu stay really cool down there.

Finished the drive bay replacement, and just need to make something to fill the gap between the top fan and the optical drive.

Almost done!

Wow, really good job!

May I ask where do you buy 2mm aluminium panel and the material for the front grille? I ask the local Lowe's, and they do not seems to understand what I am looking for.

Thanks
Chris

Wow, really good job!

May I ask where do you buy 2mm aluminium panel and the material for the front grille? I ask the local Lowe's, and they do not seems to understand what I am looking for.

Thanks
Chris

Umm I think frozen cpu, or performance pcs. I can't really remember as I ordered parts from several sites for that build. If you have a heating and air conditioning contractor close by a small piece of sheet metal would do the same.

I got the hex mesh from here. I love the mesh and will be working with it again with my next build.

Thanks but I am still not happy with how the top looks, and I want to fill in everything around the fan so it is smooth. I just doesn't look right, and draws attention to the fan instead of the paint and flamework.

Back