Wow

relic

[H]ard|DCer of the Month - August 2007
by VijayPande on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:03 am

Hi Jaga,

Sounds like you should run the classic client. It's easy to configure and it's set and forget. The SMP is for FAH experts, so if you want a easy experience, it's not for you.

A poor guy tell's it like it is, the SMP client is hard to set up, and this is the Vijay's helpful response. What a prick.

Nothing is ever his fault, there's always a finger to point. You wonder why he has moderators like 7im? He's a clone.

Go read the thread yourself. It's called "Rocket Science"

set and forget, and get screwed... with my whopping 300ppd on a machine that makes 1050ppd using the SMP client

I've noticed his posts have become quite "headstrong" over the years.

Not to play devil's advocate, the flip side is that the GPU2 client is now non-beta, which is very fast since the release in june. They at least understood not to stick the beta tag for too long. Even Linux unified client (SMP/uniprocessor) is out of beta as well.

6.20 is still listed as beta on the download page. But that has nothing to do with this dickheads treatment of his contributors.

I exist inside the horde. I fold for the horde. As long as Stanford sends me WU, they can do what ever they want on their forums. And most of the time it takes a power outage to bring my systems down...... so I can almost care less about the updates.

Re: Rocket Science?
by ChelseaOilman on Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:23 am

Jaga wrote:
That's not an issue for me here.

Since you've got it all figured out I guess you don't need any help then.

another helpful quote from the FCF moderators and yet another of the most worthless and arrogant people in folding...perhaps yet another 7im clone?

6.20 is still listed as beta on the download page. But that has nothing to do with this dickheads treatment of his contributors.

It's a goof-up and I'll put their nose on this smelly turd.

EDIT : PMed Uncle_Fungus and he fixed the turd.

another helpful quote from the FCF moderators and yet another of the most worthless and arrogant people in folding...perhaps yet another 7im clone?

The sad thing is that 7im was the only one actually trying to help Jaga while the rest of the gang were flaming away at him.

Wow is right. This doesn't make any sense. I thought they wanted people to fold :confused: Don't they get more work done with SMPs? I'm glad I get my info from the [H]orde and not that forum.

How on earth are you supposed to become an expert with help like that?

I read that as, "Sounds like you're an idiot, so you should run the classic client".

Wow is right :eek:

I can only speak for myself when I say the members of the [H]orde are lucky because we're shielded from any and all "bullcrap bogus information" or software that's too "green" (buggy) or just plain "fubared" to be released into the "wild". :(

Thanks to our very own "old timers" we get a valuable "heads up", patches or setup solutions to correct any software problems and "real time", right at the moment information. (not some "I think it should work this way crap", yeah, yeah, I understand the "beta" thing, but enough is enough :rolleyes:)

Thanks all you [H]orde "old timers" out there. You have some people, myself included, that unless we physically see one of the FCF moderators walk on water I'm comin/ to the [H]orde forum for information about folding or computers (by walking on water I'm talkin' bare feets or regular old sandals, no bridge, boat or other "loop holes")

I stand corrected both Mr relic and BillR fall into the "having experience and age catagory, everybody else just needs experience to be an "old timer". :D

FOLD ON!

Edit: Oops :( sandles = sandals :eek: D'oh :rolleyes:

Alot of rudeness on those forums. While I've never posted over there, I do check it out every so often if I'm having problems or just want to catch up. I do agree that for a project that depends on people to A) put additional wear and tear on sometimes very expensive equipment and B) shoulder the added cost of electricity that comes with leaving 1 or (sometimes much) more computers on 24-7, they could have much better customer service and take criticizm better...That Oilman dude really comes across as a jackalope...

Just my .5 cents...

Many scientific academics are not known for their people skills. They need to hire professionals to interact with the public.

Back