bestbuy.com has the 4870x2 for $469.99 now

great deal for people who want one.
it says estimated in stock 8/15-8/22

so how can i get this it showed to me still pre-order

ps is the visiontek is the best in ATI?

Holy ****, do their instore 10% discounts apply to this as well?

Their online does not accept the 10% coupon and contrastingly, the in store registers won't allow any returns/purchases bought through their online store. They did this purposely of course:p. But I bought one online and would of love to get an additional $46 off,but I figure it won't hit this price at least for another month.

so how can i get this it showed to me still pre-order

ps is the visiontek is the best in ATI?

pre-order tonight and they supposedly ship on Friday.

yes, visiontek is considered one of the best. i've bought numerous visiontek cards and they have been rock solid.

pre-order tonight and they supposedly ship on Friday.

yes, visiontek is considered one of the best. i've bought numerous visiontek cards and they have been rock solid.

so if i order it online i cant use the 10% of thingy right? that's sad i has another 10% off that come with my mastercard too but both of them cant use it online

Wow, this really is a good deal considering the performance and price relative to the GTX280. I'm still gonna wait till it reach around $450.

Great find, best buy actually living up to their name for once :eek:. oh man its taking everything in my power not to pull the trigger on this. at $550 its alot easier to play the waiting game with the price gouging but now its just about impossible to pass up.

Just ordered mine, I was going to order it at $550 so for $469.99 I was stoked :-D.

They really know how to test a guy's will-power.
Must....
Resist.....
Wait...
For.....
Price....
War.......

Wow, this really is a good deal considering the performance and price relative to the GTX280. I'm still gonna wait till it reach around $450.

Good luck... it won't reach 450 anytime soon. Not since it's the latest and best card.

Always,always happens to me......
Ordered on on release day......$559.
Couldn't resist the temptation.:eek:

BestBuy......arrrrgh.
Great deal.

I was reading over the return policy and I couldn't find anywhere that said you couldn't return to the store from online? In fact, at the moment it seems Best Buy has the only 30 day refund policy.

faaak me!! im in canada.. hmmm... how do i run for the border and smuggle this thing in? gotta watch some mission impossible reruns for inspiration.. da-da-DA -DA da -da .deedeedah... ... :D

Ugh.

Pros:
It's at Bestbuy, so I can return it a hell of a lot easier.
It's VisionTek
It's 469!!

Cons:
Fuck tax + shipping.

Hmm what to do..

I was reading over the return policy and I couldn't find anywhere that said you couldn't return to the store from online? In fact, at the moment it seems Best Buy has the only 30 day refund policy.

Returns Basics

We make it simple and convenient to return BestBuy.com purchases. You can return items through the mail, or by visiting your local Best Buy store (so you avoid shipping charges and receive your refund more quickly). Not all products are returnable to the store. If you would like to return a major appliance, TV, accessory or furniture delivered via special delivery, please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

I /think/ We're in the clear. Quote below.

Online Return Policy

You may return merchandise purchased at BestBuy.com if it meets the guidelines below. Not all products are returnable to the store. If you would like to return a major appliance, TV, accessory or furniture delivered via special delivery, please call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).

Guidelines
You may return merchandise to a Best Buy store within the U.S. or by mail to our return center. All returns must be made in original condition and include all accessories. You will receive a credit for your purchase only if it meets the criteria below. We do not offer merchandise exchanges. Learn more about how to return an online purchase.

14-Day Return Period
Fourteen days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on computers, monitors, notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, GPS navigation and radar detectors.

30-Day Return Period
Thirty days from the date merchandise was received, refunds are available on the remainder of our products (see exceptions below).

Exceptions
The following items are not returnable:

* Labor and/or installation services
* Items that are abused
* Opened computer software, movies, music and video games
o If the original item is opened and is damaged or defective, or if an incorrect item was shipped, you may receive credit for these items. Please see details below (Damaged, Defective or Incorrect Items section).
* iTunes prepaid music cards
* Best Buy Digital Music Store cards
* Best Buy/Kodak Gallery Prepaid Photo Cards
* UMusic Prepaid Ringtone cards

Any merchandise missing the original Universal Product Code (UPC) cannot be returned. If the item is damaged or defective, please see details below.

Restocking Fee
A 15% restocking fee will be charged on opened notebook computers, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, GPS navigation and in-car video systems. A 25% restocking fee will be charged on special order products, including appliances. These fees apply unless the item is defective or damaged, you received the wrong item, or the fee is prohibited by law.

well talk to the people who got the 8800Gt preorder or the 3870x2 pre order.
Don't know about their guarantees but those people were charged when they ordered it.
A month later and no card and it took them 1-4 hrs and numerous phone calls to get a refund.
Worstbuy at its best.

well talk to the people who got the 8800Gt preorder or the 3870x2 pre order.
Don't know about their guarantees but those people were charged when they ordered it.
A month later and no card and it took them 1-4 hrs and numerous phone calls to get a refund.
Worstbuy at its best.

Scary I remember that whole mess and every tech forum had huge threads about it.
On the online returns: I bought my Razer Deathadder through online and they wouldn't let me return it through the store. Swore it was the last thing I would ever buy. But for this its worth the risk and disappointment. Worstbuy FTL>

what happens if we ordered yesterday for $550? well $615 with tax + shipping? Do i get my price difference back? :confused:

Nvm, its at pre-order for everyone so this applies..i think.

Pre-Orders and Backorders

If the price of an item drops at the time of shipment, you will automatically pay the lower price.

Just ordered, will replace my old 7800 GT nicely. Hope is comes before I leave for college on the 24th.

I paid for express shipping too, I hope they ship these things fast and we don't have another backorder frenzy, although at this price, we are all probably SOL.

Buy a 4870X2? After what happened to the price of a GTX280 from release to now? HELL NO!

I may be living in dream land, but after what happened to GTX280 buyers, I will never buy a video card release week.

Buy a 4870X2? After what happened to the price of a GTX280 from release to now? HELL NO!

I may be living in dream land, but after what happened to GTX280 buyers, I will never buy a video card release week.

But Nvidia does not have a ready response for a cheap price that gives ATI a run for their money like the 4870/4850 did.

Don't worry they are saying now that the answer to the 4870x2 is the 260sli
oh they forgot to mention that it only applies to people with boards that it will work on (SMALL % of users)
So their answer is to buy more Nvidia products to match the video prices?
GOOD THINKING there.

no wonder they lost 100 million last quarter...not counting all the failures they have that are going to jack that WAY UP

Back