WTT: Blizzcon Ride + Expenses for Blizzcon ticket(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreEss

2[H]4U
I'm fairly certain this isn't against TOS; if it is, Mods, please let me know.

I'm looking to trade transportation + your (reasonable) expenses at Blizzcon for one or two tickets that your friend(s) or family no longer can use due to whatever has come up. Given the complete and utter fiasco that was Blizzcon's ticketing this year, I was one of the lucky ones who they didn't process the credit card properly, and absolutely won't retry. Go go Blizzard customer service.

EDIT: Matt pointed out it's not clear where I am; I'm in Cleveland, Ohio. If you plug Cleveland Ohio to Anaheim California into Google Maps, that should give you a rough idea of the route. I will gladly deviate to pick you up, so don't worry if you're not on the route.

So, what do you get in the deal?
  • One (1) seat in my '03 Buick Regal with Dual-Zone Climate Control!
  • ... okay, two seats if you have two tickets, but I will warn that it may be slightly cramped.
  • Arrive in true Horde style courtesy of "SHUHALO" vanity plates.
  • All meals while on the road, paid for!
  • All accommodations while on the road, paid for! (Gotta share though.)
  • Accommodations at Blizzcon (TBD), paid for! (Gotta share though.)
  • Meals at Blizzcon, paid for!
  • Get your picture taken with a lunatic in a full-body Tauren costume! (Me.)

What do YOU have to do?
  • Have a paid for and confirmed Blizzcon ticket for a person who can no longer go.
  • Be located between Cleveland Ohio (where I'll be setting out from and Anaheim California!
  • Be packed and ready to go when I show up!
  • Travel relatively light! No more than two suitcases, please.
  • Provide assistance while I am in costume occasionally.
  • Not object to the fact that I am a smoker.
  • Must be 21+ with valid and current driver's license for your state of residence.
  • Bring your own camera and towel.
  • Not be a homicidal maniac. (Possibly negotiable.) :)

Forget scalping it on eBay. First of all, it's a violation of the TOS. Second of all, who knows what you'll get for it - maybe $500ish? My Buick takes 93 - you're already ahead before you factor in meals and accommodations. So there alone is a great reason to consider this offer.
The other reasons? One, someone who REALLY wants to go and is going in an insane costume with over $3000 invested (and possibly a good friend who will save you from herding help!) who got screwed, gets to go. Two, all of your travel and hotel is handled in one fell swoop by someone else. Three, instead of risking the buyer getting shut out by Blizzard and coming back on you, it's legitimate and guaranteed. Why? Because you'll actually be there, in person - if you're not there, I'm not there! No shipping, no hoping the sale actually works, no praying eBay doesn't suspend your account.

EDIT2: Some folks seem to think I'm some huge WoW addict. Actually, it's something far more important - my first vacation in twelve years. I don't mean day or two off, I mean two weeks and absolutely no way for work to call me back into the office or make me remote in. I've been planning this since February. Also, yes, I will be posting pics of the Tauren, probably later tonight starting with the materials and equipment as they sit right now.

Contents of goodie bag negotiable, excepting ONE (1) thing of Zerg Creep. ;) If you're interested in helping out, please send me a PM. I don't do a lot of trading, so nope, don't really have a lot of feedback. We can figure out all the details as we go.
And hey, I know it's a long shot, but it's worth a shot. I'm desperate.

so, basically you're willing to pay for pretty much everything if someone has a couple extra tickets..

You sir, are [H]ard

subbed*

free bump for you I went last year and had a blast Good luck I hope you can find someone to help you out!

nice bump...but I would spend some money on nicorette to sweeten the deal >.>

Good luck man, sounds like a nice deal. Hope it works out for you, free bump for you! :)

Good morning bump!
Holy crap. That's a lot of bumps.
Thank you so much, guys. I know I can be a total jerk here sometimes, but I'm really a nice guy. Little unhinged, sure, but harmless. ;)

Oh, and to clarify what this won't cover as far as expenses real quick!
  • Going drinking with your buddies. (Will pick you up if needed though!)
  • That side trip to Disneyworld. (Might join you tho!)
  • The four t-shirts and six posters you want.
  • Bail. :D

lol

its .....when a game becomes a lifestyle for some

bump for you and good luck

I laughed, I cried... i may lose 10 pounds (well, not really)

Either way, good luck- bump for you!

iVE got 2 tICKETS TO PARADISE
PACK YOUR BAGS AND LET'S LEAVE TONIGHT !

Bump for you and can't wait for the pics! If you get someone to hook you up make sure to post pics when you get back also.

I finally got to try out the beta last night on a friends account. Just waiting for retail now and the nerf bat for Death Knights that surely will be coming.

if i could have got tickets (long since sold out by the time i decided blizzcon would be cool to see) i would do it in a heartbeat, that way i could get all giddy about going as my blood elf without being looked at weird, since tauren definitely beats what i could do.

anyway...for the cause! er horde...er both!

I'm fairly certain this isn't against TOS; if it is, Mods, please let me know.
Providing transportation would fall under the category of services.

(22) The buying, selling, trading or solicitation of SERVICES is prohibited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back