hl3?

ezac

Limp Gawd
This is the first time i see something about halflife 3. Is this confirmed by valve? I haven't seen anything about it in pcgamer in the past couple of months either. Anyone know any details?

Looks awesome.

http://www.hl3forums.com/

that screenshot looks pretty nice, but it could be a fake. I'd expect to hear news on episode 3 before HL3 though.

Fan website, looks way too cheesy to be affiliated with Valve. They are busy with episodic content.

I'm aware of Half Life 2: episode 3.... but Half Life 3? *shrugs* You never know.

As far as I know HL3 has not been confirmed. Valve stated that Half Life will not end at Episode 2 (obviously). Thats about all we have.

I have a couple of guesses. Episode 3 released along with L4D. Or instead of Episode 3, they are working on a more substantial title, since it seems to be taking them longer. Plus the "episodes" is using the term pretty loosely.

Pretty sure that screen shot is a fake. I've seen it before, and I think the background is actually a painting someone made in MS Paint.

It's very unlikely we'd see screen shots of HL3 before 1) artwork 2) a teaser poster of some sort 3) Episode 3 information.

I'm sure they're already working on it though.

my immediate reaction to the pic was also a fake. But i hope they jump on a 3rd title with a new engine. Not saying the current engine is not good...its sick. But always gotta have better graphics

my immediate reaction to the pic was also a fake. But i hope they jump on a 3rd title with a new engine. Not saying the current engine is not good...its sick. But always gotta have better graphics

I second that:cool:

I think Source is showing its age. It gets the job done, but it lacks that wow factor.

I miss the mystery of halflife 1. it was all about surprises and discovery. resonance cascade? sweet! portal to another dimension? great! soldiers coming to clean up the mess? Damn! There was just so much contrast and it was a great ride.

reminds me of the matrix trilogy, I really couldn't enjoy matrix 2 and 3 because the sense of discovery and surprise was just gone. I still like hl2, but I don't know if I'll care enough about hl3, unless they make a huge new story arc.

There is still a lot of discovery in HL2 I think. Running into your first Man hack, finding out the Vortigants aren't going to try to kill you anymore. I know my first instinct when I saw one was to shoot first ask questions later when I saw one.

Just what is a combine soldier? Are they all human? Aliens inhabiting the human shells? What does the G-Man have in store for you next? Will my lawn gnome touch down on the moon?

I've had more fu n with HL2 than Half-Life 1 outside of mods. HL1 was king of the mods back then.

I think Source is showing its age. It gets the job done, but it lacks that wow factor.

Your choice of words are ironic.. I,for one..think it has the WoW factor down to a T!

It may not be astonishing, but that engine is eternal...As with the cartoony style of World of Warcraft, I think the Source engine will be able to last a long, long time and still satisfy players.

HL1 was out of control when it first came out. I remember buying the team fortress combo box when i was in 8th grade. awesome.

I want to hear some idea's on what you guys think HL2:Ep3 will contain.

I beat HL2, ep1 & ep2 about 2 or 3 times.

*Ep2 spolier* I know that ELi supposedly died at the end *Ep2 spoiler*

but I want to get some Idea's about what else they will throw into the game.

I loved them all, its hard to pick a favorite between all 3. But I would have to go with Ep2.

There will be no Half Life 3, unless they have a whole new story. the Half Life 2 Episodes are Half life 3(they where first called Half Life 2: Aftermath).

I have beat Half Life 2 and both HL2: EP's 1 and 2. And i really hope EP3 comes out soon so i can see what else happens besides what Ron FTL said about Eli(which did happen in EP2.)

Half-Life 1 was immaculate and one of the top 5 gaming experiences in my life. I thought Half-Life 2 was little more than a monotonous combat shooter until the Cathedral. Ep 2 was the best installment since the original. For Ep 3, my hope is that we finally learn the secrets of the G-Man.

The half-life series is my #1 game of all time.

IIRC, the episodes were supposed to be "half-life 3" and the community voiced their upset opinions on that fact, and so valve retracted the statement, but I don't know if they ever confirmed there would in fact be a HL3.

I think in HL3 we will find out the love interest b/t alyx and gnome...

http://hlcomic.com/gnome/010.jpg

Weren't there rumors at one point about a spinoff involving Alyx Vance?

You'd think if those rumors were true, it'd happen before HL3 is released.

Actually now that i think about it, a spin off with Alyx Vance as a prequel to hl2 would be pretty cool.

HL3 comes bundled with Team Fortress 3, and Portal 2, and Counter Strike:The Global Threat

I miss the mystery of halflife 1. it was all about surprises and discovery. resonance cascade? sweet! portal to another dimension? great! soldiers coming to clean up the mess? Damn! There was just so much contrast and it was a great ride.

reminds me of the matrix trilogy, I really couldn't enjoy matrix 2 and 3 because the sense of discovery and surprise was just gone. I still like hl2, but I don't know if I'll care enough about hl3, unless they make a huge new story arc.

Download HL2 Cinematic Mod V7.0 by fakefactory, It doesn't change the story but it upgrades the graphics/sounds and many other things that seriously make HL2's experience the sequel it deserved to be.

Download HL2 Cinematic Mod V7.0 by fakefactory, It doesn't change the story but it upgrades the graphics/sounds and many other things that seriously make HL2's experience the sequel it deserved to be.

scratch that. Its all with the 8 baby.

CM8 is the bomb.

Seems to me like that image is likely done by a fan rather than Valve, although I have to admit it is very well done (although I hate the blue crowbar). I am a HUGE HL fan and have been keeping my ears to the ground on this very issue. Sources internal to valve and the HL project have only just begun releasing artwork for HL2: Episode3. Not to mention that there have been a number of statements from people involved that HL2:E3 will be the last game in the currently planed story arc, although not the end of the franchise. There has been a lot of suggestion that HL2:E3 will link directly into the Portal storyline and subsequent games may involve this material. If you listen to the interviews and commentary in the various HL2 games you actually hear the developers and director saying how HL2 Episodes1, 2, and 3 probably should have been called HL3 episodes 1, 2, and 3. As a result I doubt that the next game will be called HL3.

For now I am eagerly awaiting HL2:E3, and would love to see more games made. The HL franchise was one of the first computer games I ever really got into and I still love playing. I regularly play through the entire series Half-Life, Blue Shift, Op Force, HL2, HL2:E1, HL2:E2. Some of the games are better than others but the storyline is the best! :)

Back