Athlon X2 BE-2400 Brisbane 2.3GHz OEM $30.00 FS

Wow, hot!

I have a BE-2300 in one of my servers. Very cool running chip.

I bought this for $40 :(

But Newegg credited me back $10 :)

Cant beat Newegg. The eWiz fiasco made me more appreciative of Newegg's awesomeness lol.

Pretty hawt deal. This would be perfect for a mITX build with the Jetway NC62K board.

yeah... ultimate HTPC deal right here.... get them while theyre still around... im thinking of buying one just for the hell of it.

lots of good combo deals for this. Was looking at this plus the WD6400AAKS for $100 with coupon code (drive also has free shipping)

AMD Athlon X2 BE-2400 Brisbane 2.3GHz
2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 Dual-Core Processor
$40 - $10 with coupon code AMD81210
= $30 with free shipping. This CPU is designed for low power consumption.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103215&Tpk=ADH2400IAA5DO

Freak. That's amazing. I'm ordering right now, BTW. That seems too good to be true. Thanks, OP!!

How will this compare to my X2 4600 as far as heat goes? In my small HTPC case it idles at 50c, even with a nice aftermarket cooler!!!! Also, will it handle the hi-def video playback just fine?

I have the 780g with the 3200 graphics.

How will this compare to my X2 4600 as far as heat goes? In my small HTPC case it idles at 50c, even with a nice aftermarket cooler!!!! Also, will it handle the hi-def video playback just fine?
This is a 45W TDP processor. I've seen the measured power at ~42W under load in a review.

How it compares depends on which X2 4600+ model you have: http://products.amd.com/en-us/Deskt...&f4=512&f5=AM2&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=2000&f10=False& It's rated at 20W-44W less than the X2 4600+ models.

I did a build with one of these processors for my old boss a little while back, and I can say they run really cool. Cool enough to where you touch the cpu heatsink after it has been running for several hours, and it hardly even feels warm.

I did a build with one of these processors for my old boss a little while back, and I can say they run really cool. Cool enough to where you touch the cpu heatsink after it has been running for several hours, and it hardly even feels warm.

thanks! That's what I needed to know. They already charged me for it!! Dang, this is a freaking hot deal on a "cool" processor. Hopefully my HTPC stops idling at 50c!

HOLY FREAKIN CRAP :eek: (sry, caps were needed)

Got to order one of these. Wasn't even planning on upgrading this early but, I can't pass up this deal since I want something that runs cool.

There's a $99 retail processor box of same speed that my wallet has sewn itself shut which is easily understandable but I couldn't ignore a $30 OEM processor!

Thanks OP!

i bit, though if anyone could illuminate me on a good budget overclocker motherboard
i would be very very grateful

How would this be for older games and maybe some newer titles with a 3850 or 8800GT GPU? I'm building a system for my brother mostly for browsing but he plays games occasionaly.

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1032900637]If you want onboard graphics, search newegg for 'amd 780g', if you don't need the onboard graphics, search for 'AMD 770'.[/QUOTE]

How do both of these compare to the Nvidia chipsets, performance-wise, with an 8800GT, towards gaming?

I'd imagine, roughly similar..With a possible nod towards Nvidia.

Just curious.

How would this be for older games and maybe some newer titles with a 3850 or 8800GT GPU? I'm building a system for my brother mostly for browsing but he plays games occasionaly.

It would fine for either card, the 8800gt being better. The 8800gt will be faster than what the BE-2400 could process, even when OC'd. OC'ing to 2.7-2.8GHz would definitly help, so get a decent cooler with it.

[QUOTE="I'm not a crook";1032901443]Almost no difference. If you plan to go with a 8800gt, then get a 770 chipset board.[/QUOTE]

Any particular suggestions for a board?

Any particular suggestions for a board?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813186147

Only $50 after $15 rebate. I've had good luck with foxconn. If you have decent ram and a good aftermarket CPU cooler. Digital-Daily couldn't get their sample to overclock, but they were pre-release drivers.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131234

This one should be a good overclocker. A little more pricey at $80, but Asus is a company who generally makes great boards.

How well do these OC?!!??!?

Well

The 1st reviewer on egg said he pushed it to 250FSB. If the multi is stock then that means 2.8+. More than fine for me.

If you are looking for a safe option but one that doesnt have as good onboard video:

Biostar TF-7025 or TF-7050. I have both and it takes a 4000x2 to 3GHz pretty easily and the BE-2400 should be easier.

I was going to recommend that one, but he has an 8800GT. If he uses that, the 780G isn't going to do him much good.

How well do these OC?!!??!?

Well

The 1st reviewer on egg said he pushed it to 250FSB. If the multi is stock then that means 2.8+. More than fine for me.

I've seen lots and lots of testimonials on different forums with people easily hitting 2.8 with this, and very few people that haven't had good OC results.

I'm not going to OC mine. I am going for low temp and low noise. This will replace a hot 4600 that is idling at 50c in my HTPC case ... with aftermarket CPU cooler and like 4 case fans!!! The 780g board generates so much heat!!

i bit on the open box gigabyte board.

i actually had the foxconn in my cart, but i need 4 ram slots

foxconn is a good brand though, look at half the parts on your current motherboards...chances are you have parts that are made by them anyway.

i'm really looking forward to getting this chip in. I'll have to dig up an aftermarket cooler now.

(can we get a move to hot deal discussions?)

I got the BE-2400 yesterday and upgraded my test server that had a BE-2300 in it. Sitting on the desktop getting updates in Fedora Core 9 x86-64 with 4GB, a 320GB HD, DVD burner and an Abit AN-M2 (integrated GF7025 video) the power is only 36W at the wall. Perfect. :D The PSU isn't even a good efficiency model. When doing typical stuff with the hard drive running, it spikes up to 55W at the wall. I'll try running something that loads up both cores to see the max power I can measure.

edit: I couldn't get any stress programs to run under 64-bit Ubuntu or FC, so I installed XP instead. Same system as detailed above, both figures in power at the wall.

idle on desktop: 36W (may go down a little after I enable PowerMizer)
Orthos: 72W

Not bad.

edit2: overclocked to 3GHz, power measured at the wall...
idle on desktop: 45W
Orthos: 92W

What cpu cooler did you guys get? I didn't read it was oem and now i need to get a heatsink for it.

Any cheap good recommendations for a htpc small quiet heatsink/fan ?

btw i bit on the biostar 780g mobo.

What cpu cooler did you guys get? I didn't read it was oem and now i need to get a heatsink for it.

Any cheap good recommendations for a htpc small quiet heatsink/fan ?

btw i bit on the biostar 780g mobo.

Quite pleased with this one for the price. It's incredibly short, and still fits in my cramped Gigabyte 780G motherboard without problems. You'll have to change the back plate, likely, but it's worth it. Larger can than the stock one, and quieter too. Still cools equally well, perhaps slightly better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220030

Back