1T HD (WD) $129 - Free Shipping

Dataman

Limp Gawd
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=206895079

After ordering the Dell deal that went nowhere (Delayed, Canx) I found similar deal.

Backup Internal HD (Ditch the SW).

It's just a WD Drive with SW thrown in.

DM

Save enough money for 6 pack of cheap beer if your New Guy

http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=81591396

Yes for Storage use's it's just fine. I need to move my collection of Pictures somewhere (500g). No not that type of pictures. I am retired Photographer;

Note: If it charges for shipping make sure you choose BASIC Shipping. Ie Ground. Then it's free!

Nice price! Only 16mb, but if it's just gonna be storage, who cares? Good find.

as an fyi, the last time this deal came around for these "cavalry" 1tb hds, most people got ones that showed up with a 3 year warranty on WD's web site, but I know that I and others got ones that were listed as OEM parts on WD and thus not eligible for warranty through them- if it ever dies, I'll have to go through this cavalry company

16MB cache
no thanks

16MB Cache is not an issue if you're using it as just a basic file drive or backup drive, imho. It'd probably work fine for a software storage or backup drive. Probably not so good as a media drive.

I had paid $99 for the 750gb SAMSUNG Spinpoint sale at NewEgg. I'll probably use that for my HD recordings (32mb Cache, faster drive) and this for my system backups (occuring nightly when the systems aren't in use).

16MB Cache is not an issue if you're using it as just a basic file drive or backup drive, imho. It'd probably work fine for a software storage or backup drive. Probably not so good as a media drive.

I had paid $99 for the 750gb SAMSUNG Spinpoint sale at NewEgg. I'll probably use that for my HD recordings (32mb Cache, faster drive) and this for my system backups (occuring nightly when the systems aren't in use).

thats the whole point
all I want 1TB drives for is holding HD movies/games

i have 2x500GB for storage of pics and stuff, 2x36GB raptor for XP, and 2x200GB for backups of important shit

Any current hard drive is fast enough for media, HD rips, etc etc ;)

Would i use it as my OS drive in a cutting edge gaming rig? Probably not, but i'm sure it's fine for basically everything else..

Per one of the reviews:
someguy said:
The unit was defective upon arrival (SMART access errors). WD customer support blows (calls for the first 30 days are free thereafter $15 a pop). This is my first time purchasing a HD for backup purposes so I can't recommend other products.
WTF is the deal with the $15 support? If the drive fails in a couple years, do I have to pay them to get an RMA?

thats the whole point
all I want 1TB drives for is holding HD movies/games

i have 2x500GB for storage of pics and stuff, 2x36GB raptor for XP, and 2x200GB for backups of important shit

then what makes you think more cache is better?

I swear, [H]ot Deals will be the death of my wallet.
In for 2 at $246 and change, really sweet deal. Thanks OP and SJetski71.

welp this made my descision easier. I didn't know if I was gonna buy another 7K1000 or 2 new drives for my nas. $255 w/ 3-5 day shipping is too good to pass up for 2TB. Thanks op and SJetski71

Back