Half Life/ HL2 storyline

Ovreel

Limp Gawd
So it's been a while since I played HL2 and HL2:ep1, but I played through episode 2 tonight. I have to say the strider battle at the end was EPIC!!!

But I have a few questions about the storyline, since I never played the original HL. I read up a bit on the plot, and I understand what happened at black mesa (the portal opening and the aliens from Xen killing everyone etc). What I don't understand is- what was Black Mesa trying to do in the first place?

Next, Dr. Breen- I know he was in one of the episodes of HL2, but I don't quite remember his role or what he did. Not sure if he's very important.

Gman. What's this guy's deal? I know I'm missing something since I didn't play HL1. But is he the one that's in charge of all the Combine? What's his main goal here? World domination? In episode 2 with Alyx's injury, he mentions something about him allowing her or assisting in her healing. I know I missed something there, not sure what though.

This stuff is gonna bug the hell outta me 'til I get it all straightened out! :p

I like the mention of aperture in HL2:episode 2.

Now if they will just give freeman the portal gun.

Portal and HL are in the same universe - there are presentations about Black Mesa in one of the conference rooms in Portal, and GLaDOS mentions about everything changing in the outside world, that she's protecting Chell from whats going on out there - most likely referencing the Combine occupation, along with many other things.

I can only hope that while Freeman is on the Aperture Science vessel, he'll run into GLaDOS.

glados is gone man, get the fuck over it.

excuse my harshness. I hated her though. lol

give him the portal gun indeed!

thanks for the post. I got through 90% of HL2 before I sold it on 360. Now I have ep1 and ep2 on the pc, which is much better looking with AA/AF @ 1920x1200 and started playing ep1 tonight.

glados is gone man, get the fuck over it.

excuse my harshness. I hated her though. lol

give him the portal gun indeed!

Actually I think GlaDOS is not dead. I'm pretty sure she was singing at the end.

Back