Bad Case Of Déjà vu?

HardOCP News

[H] News
You know, I can’t really put my finger on it, maybe it is the all caps “INVEST NOW!” that screams “stay away!” Maybe it is the outrageously impossible claims like being able to play all games from any console. Maybe this is just some kind of bad joke or Phantom-spoof but I recommend a taking this with a grain of salt the size of a bowling ball. I snagged this from their site.

Oh, this line is an absolute gem

Someone has to get rich from PIICRON's exponential growth & imminent market dominance.

Where cans I signs up?!

Anybody taken a look at the English on the other pages? Holy crap, its laughable. No way is this legit.

Even if it was real, they would get prison raped by sony, microsoft, etc...

What the fuck is going on in this picture?

conceptWarrior.png

So, is the investment & the return proportional to the "risk"? The minimum investment is but a few $. The return? Think what every $1 turned into for Google & H&M, ROI growths we intend to surpass! Care to see your $ multiply by a thousand by 2012? That would mean $1's become 1 000's, 1 000's become millions & millions become billions, to put things into perspective.

Ahahahhaa. I'm keeping my money far away from these guys.

hahaha love the names! get pts from me just for that..

Ubercron 31337 FTW!

PeeCron FTL!

Good lord...that's just awful.

INVEST NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111one 11!!!

No...that's not suspicious....

Looks like they are Nordic and they actually posted bios and pics of themselves! They need to hire someone that knows how to write though. There's so many mistakes it's almost like the Nordic version of Engrish.

Time to clean off the dust of the [H] hammer of justice?

Kyle did say he thought he would need it again....

And over all it just looks like they are making a computer to use a soft emulator that runs every game out there... Oh woe is the red tape that it will be buried under....:rolleyes:

I beat you guys to it and invested $50!

edit: I never got a confirmation e-mail from PayPal like I normally do, should I be worried?
Last edited by riot8ap : Today at 09:05 PM.

Its either a joke or a scam. I did a WHOIS on the site addy, came up registered to a company called NiX step. Their webpage is nothing more than a blank screen with an image and "Innovation through Motivation" as the title (how original is that?). The Admin contact is Theodor Pramer. The only thing I could find on this guy is a post on theinquirer.com complaining about his old xbox not playing some dvd's.

And I thought for sure it would be our old pal Timothy Roberts again. I could use a good laugh.

hahaha. ubercron is the perfect song title for dethklok. we need an ubercron episode...NOW.

Maybe it is the fact that you can tell us what turns you on, that we listen & implement that which people enjoy?

o mai.

* Ultra precise motion sensitivity through accelerometer & gyroscope, in both halves.
* Rumbling rumba!
* Camera for pattern & face recognition
* Microphone for communication & voice recognition as well as interpretation
* Splittable enjoyment for twice the fun
* Speakers for each part for twice the scare factor, uhua! - "Are you scared yet"?
* Fingerprint sensor doubling as touch-pad. Ever forgot a password? No worries!
* Heart rate monitor for devs to play with. Are you a spy? Better keep your calm!
* Wireless battery charging? Tell us if this is worth the cost or scare you. Participate!

This is one rockin' controller. But does it play Crysis?

lol is this thing really called an ubercron?

that's a riot!

can't stop laughing at that asterisk by the GPU spec

Hey, I'd invest a dollar. low risk with potential for THOUSANDS (ousands... ousands)!!!1one1

Gotta admit they have some creative ideas, but they can't truly believe what they posted on that website. Scam or joke. Can't be that stupid.

So...

I'm in Malmo, Sweeden on a business trip right now and can actually see the building they claim to have an office in from my hotel room (Turning Torso). If you didn't know, the address they claim to operate from is a famous piece of artwork that doubles as a huge condo thing. I actually didn't know there were commercial offices in it, though that makes sense if there are.

Maybe I'll put my Chris Hansen hat on and check this so called office out. I'm here through Friday and all of next week again.

Edit - I'd like to know where they've hidden all the different slots for the cartridges they say they support (that is, all of them). For non-hand held, off the top of my head, there's at least 6 or 7 different cartridges (3 nintendos, genesis, intellivision, etc).

For that matter, there is a distinct lack of slots on the handheld as well.

So...

I'm in Malmo, Sweeden on a business trip right now and can actually see the building they claim to have an office in from my hotel room (Turning Torso). If you didn't know, the address they claim to operate from is a famous piece of artwork that doubles as a huge condo thing. I actually didn't know there were commercial offices in it, though that makes sense if there are.

Maybe I'll put my Chris Hansen hat on and check this so called office out. I'm here through Friday and all of next week again.

you must take pics as well.

There is obviously no chance this thing could succeed. It says it supports all consoles and yet it only has an optical drive. Without the ability to play Atari 2600 games it stands no chance of becoming successful. :p

wow did you read the forums some guy invested a million and got scammed??? why are people so gullible

from their site

Lawsuits (we have it all thought out, tihi)

Should our competition choose to sue us, either because they hope to bury us in legal expenses or because someone actually think they have the law on their side, we stand ready. We fully expect them play dirty in such an event. They will bribe, spread doubt, uncertainty & lies to the media. Basically we expect them to use every ugly trick they can, legal or not. We have a detailed plan for such an event. Releasing it to the public would ease some investment groups making them more prone to invest & strengthen our "all is public" image, it would also hurt, letting it be know to all. We have chosen a compromise where select trusted representatives of the groups having invested in PIICRON will be chosen & be given a select briefing where-after they can revel & give their thoughts on it in general. We consider this a better plan than to revel it in detail publicly.

Based on some investigating:

Domain has been registered since 2005.
Registration information says its based in Sweden, but according to Flagfox, its based in Michigan.
Here is information on their server: http://whois.domaintools.com/67.225.149.147
They seem to be using liquidweb hosting, which provides dedicated servers at their locations. So they are renting a server, as opposed to running their own

Credit card verification is provided by The USERTRUST Network, which is run by Comodo
You do not need to pay for it, and it has only been registered by Comodo since 8/23/08

As far as I can tell, all of the payments are done by paypal.

This is my favorite part:

"Then what?

What happens after we've made everyone rich, dominated the market & have billions on the bank? Then next generation kicks in! "

LOL

Hahahaha, the more I read this, the more I'm sure this is a joke. :D

REALLYfar away from civilization? No electricity? Luckily we have thought about everything & happily we have a "rather" reliable renewable energy source with a quite accessible infrastructure. Few true gamers have seen it but most have heard of it, it is known as the sun & solar power.

I can't believe they have Strengths and Weaknesses sections for investors. And the fact that that they have probably ten times the amount of text in their Weaknesses section!

Back