Clear Sky at Wal-Mart

cannondale06

[H]F Junkie
I saw Clear Sky at Wal-Mart today but when I tried to check out it wouldnt ring up. lol. I told the guy that I was pretty sure the game was not even supposed to be out in the US yet. I thought it was pretty funny that they put the game out early. :D

I tried that at my local Wal-Mart too and almost got them to let me have it but they called it in first and rushed to the back to take it off the shelves.

I tried that at my local Wal-Mart too and almost got them to let me have it but they called it in first and rushed to the back to take it off the shelves.

Same. I was soooooo close to going home with it. Bastards.:mad:

/runs ,screaming with hands in the air, to wal-mart

Well the game should be out in 3 days on steam. I'll probably wait a little while before I start playing it however as I heard it's a bit buggy still.

Well the game should be out in 3 days on steam. I'll probably wait a little while before I start playing it however as I heard it's a bit buggy still.

So it is a true prequel then. :p

So I was bored tonight, so I thought I would go to wally world and pick up Rome Total War. Well they didn't have it, but they did have STALKER Clear Skies

So I early picked it up in disbelief, I looked it over to see if this was the real thing. Sure enough it was. So walked to the check out and looked for the stupidest, gullible wal-mart employee. As soon as he rung it up, the price screen showed "This cannot be sold!" The man keep trying to get it to work. I even offered him 60$, more than the games worth to keep it on the down low. As soon as I did that, the most geeky looking guy came up and said," This isn't out till September 5th". I looked at him with dismay, and figured theirs no way around this nerd. So he took the game, and he said, "sorry, you have to wait". I then realized there was another copy on the self I raced back to get it, just when the ass hat plucked it off the self.

So the moral of this story is, go to the nearest wal-mart and steal it.

So I was bored tonight, so I thought I would go to wally world and pick up Rome Total War. Well they didn't have it, but they did have STALKER Clear Skies

So I early picked it up in disbelief, I looked it over to see if this was the real thing. Sure enough it was. So walked to the check out and looked for the stupidest, gullible wal-mart employee. As soon as he rung it up, the price screen showed "This cannot be sold!" The man keep trying to get it to work. I even offered him 60$, more than the games worth to keep it on the down low. As soon as I did that, the most geeky looking guy came up and said," This isn't out till September 5th". I looked at him with dismay, and figured theirs no way around this nerd. So he took the game, and he said, "sorry, you have to wait". I then realized there was another copy on the self I raced back to get it, just when the ass hat plucked it off the self.

haha pick up the game and put $60 in its place with a note saying keep it on the down low :D

wow you would really pay $20 extra just to get the game a few days earlier? some store will probably have it for $10 off the week it comes out and thats where I will get it. then it will sit until they get to about the 3rd or 4th patch and then I will actually install it and play. lol

Your depiction of the situation cracked me up~! :D

lol i saw these on the shelf yesterday(9/2/08). This game doesn't look all tht fun to me though. I hope there's a demo

Or just put a sticker with a UPC for the same price on the box. Not illegal if you pay the same, right?

I wouldn't buy it. Apparently you could buy it off newegg earlier this week, prior to them saying that the N/A versions didn't have a cd key, and people got the game w/o it (although its only required for MP). This could be the case, and if you open the box, and it has no key, your SOL possibly, depends on how understanding GSC/deep silver is.

Or just put a sticker with a UPC for the same price on the box. Not illegal if you pay the same, right?

I am sure its some kind of illegal, as long as its not an EA game, I don't think its morally reprehensible tho.

lol, the game is pretty good; it is buggy though. It also doesn't create the same atmosphere some other shooters do.

Don't be surprised if it doesn't ring up. It's the old release day, but they might have the recall in the system and won't let you buy it. Being on a shelf doesn't mean anything.

Wal Mart is open 24 hours. Do you think I could show up at midnight tonight and get a copy?

Moderman said the WalMart dude told him it was out on the 5th.

Maybe Walmart didn't get the memo that the game was delayed beyond that for B&M release?

The uncertainity of it all makes me really hope the Steam release of Sept. 6th isn't delayed.

Maybe Walmart didn't get the memo that the game was delayed beyond that for B&M release?

The uncertainity of it all makes me really hope the Steam release of Sept. 6th isn't delayed.
the games at wal mart may not even have the CD keys printed on the manual which I believe was whole reason for the delay.

the games at wal mart may not even have the CD keys printed on the manual which I believe was whole reason for the delay.

What about the Steam release of sept.6th? Why did that have to be pushed back from the initial Sept. 5th date? Or was Steam always the 6th?

I'm thinking maybe the reason given for the delay (no CD keys printed) might be bogus. Maybe trouble with loading CD keys into an activation server or something else at least close to the story...

I really doubt that Wal-mart has a huge nationwide inventory, it's inventory system is programmed exactly when to allow sale, but they didn't get the memo about a huge recall requiring all the boxes to be returned, opened, added-to, re-sealed and shipped back out.

Who knows I guess - anything's possible.

I'm thinking maybe the reason given for the delay (no CD keys printed) might be bogus. Maybe trouble with loading CD keys into an activation server or something else at least close to the story...

I really doubt that Wal-mart has a huge nationwide inventory, it's inventory system is programmed exactly when to allow sale, but they didn't get the memo about a huge recall requiring all the boxes to be returned, opened, added-to, re-sealed and shipped back out.

Who knows I guess - anything's possible.

haha you get the game on the 5th. u go put it in and install. when it asks for the cd key, you open the case and get the manual. u look down at the key "HAHA you should of known better than to buy it at wal mart!" :D

Add me to the list. 5 copies on the shelf. Took it to the register, it rang up "cannot be sold". I tried my best indignance in the hopes they'd relent, but they just said sorry, no.

EDIT:

New plan print out STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl bar code. Go to self check out use the STALKER 1 Bar Code then walk out and the Alarm will go off. Then show them my receipt which will say STALKER. Then go home and game all day :D

Ok who wants to help print out STALKER SoC bar code that I can put over the Clear Sky box?

Might be some intense photo shopping, and it's better the money goes to the company who made STALKER other than EA, or Ubi.

Yes this could be illegal, but I'm sorry... It's better than stealing
Is it really that hard to wait a couple more days? Also somebody on the Steam forums mentioned that he bought the game at Wal-Mart. I asked him how and he yet to respond. :confused:

Did anyone actually buy this game at walmart?..........

I just tried to buy it at my local Walmart. Tried it at the checkout up front and the sales lady didn't know why, but it caught it and said not for sale. :D

Back