BenQ E2200HDA Full HD 16:9

koko1973

n00b
Read a press release that the BenQ E2200HDA will be out at the beginning of September. Has anybody got it and can share some experiences? Where can I get it and how much is it??

E2200HD-01image.jpg

is it cheap because its a tn panel? or is it cheap because you are losing a chunk of your screen space from 16:10?

Any one know when the M series will be avalible? Is it just an extra camera?

Is 16:9 really going to replace 16:10?

Long term, there's a good chance, although there will probably continue to be a mid-high end 16:10 market for quite some time.

All the recent 16:9 monitor announcements have been cheaper TN panels, I've yet to a see a *VA or -IPS 16:9 announcement, so in the short term its probably the cheaper monitors that will be replaced by 16:9 first.

You are going to see "all" displays migrate towards16:9 due to the cost of making them being much lower. I have seen the E2200HD in person and was pretty blown away by it running Blu-ray content. WOW!

BenQ please don't hire whoever designed the product page for this monitor again. Makes me not even want to look at it.

- World 1st 21.5"W FULL HD LCD Monitor
- 1920 x 1080
- Full HD/HDCP/Senseye/AMA
- 2 ms GTG Response Time
-10,000:1 DCR
- HDMI 1.3, DVI and D-subD-sub
- Audio in/ Headphone Jack
- Vista Premium
Pre-Sale now: $249 ETA 10/20
Promo Code: E2200HD

Copy paste from BenQ's website
http://www.benq.us/products/LCD/?product=745

It generally is considered that 16:9 will be a non-reversible trend. As manufacturers can get three more 16:9 panels out of a large glass panel than 16:10 panels they will enforce this trend. Sooner or later all monitors will be 16:9. And anyway, if I look at the Benq E2200HDA, this looks just great!

I really like the design of these displays, a TN doesn't bother me, everything else is either too laggy or above my budget.

Are these models coming to the UK?

Would there be a noticeable difference in size between a 24" 16:9 and 16:10? Seems like if there is, it might end up being the same considering there will be no black bars while watching HD or console gaming.

What do you guys think of 1920 x 1080 on a 22'' ? Would it be better to opt for the 24" in terms of image quality/clarity??

If you are looking for a higher density display, then the 22" will look better (more dots per inch.) Vista has better custom DPI support to get the fonts to look right sized (although some apps like Firefox will by default show text looking a little smaller than you may expect.) It does look a bit sharper though, and pixels are less visible.

If you just want maximum display area, then obviously, the 24" will win out.

^ yeah same here. I was looking at the acer 24" 16:9 for $350. But the benq will probably have a better picture and I can sacrifice 2" and save a hundred dollars.

That's really a nice gadget. Would fit perfectly on my desk, can't wait to get one for this price.

It seems that BenQ is not at any B&M store so far. But they are looking for reviewers so if you want see the products maybe you can post at that thread and get a chance to play with it.

im just wondering, since its still a 22"/24" monitor but with less height resolution it kinda doesnt make too much sense to me. SHouldnt the viewable area go down? Or did they increase pixel size to compensate? And is there an explanation somewhere as to why they are able to cut more screens using this format?

Im still thinking whether or not to wait for this or just get the current 24" monitors given that they have more pixel height....

16:9 should be to prefer with TN panels. I dont notice horizontal viewingangles on my 2493HM while I notive the heightviewingangles.

Well actually you're going to sacrifice 2.5" of diagonal size. It's also worth mentioning that the E2200HD is actually shorter than a 20" 16:10 ws monitor (by a 1/10 of a inch).

Still if Kyle says he was blown away by it's pq, that's something to think about.

I found a e2400HD and m2400HD videoprevie on the net but now I cant find it again. Has anyone seen it. Know the link?

Is there anyway to lower the height of these monitors. One of the reasons that I want 16:9 is because I want a lower monitor but I realize that E2400HD infact is higher than my 2493HM so not really much reason to swap if this thing cant be solved? Why do they place the monitors up in the sky anyway? :/ :(

Hi all, long time reader first time poster.

Anyone have one of these yet? The E2200HD seems to be a good solution for me; haven't wanted to give up the high definition resolution but unfortunately my price point has been stuck very much in the domain of the 22" TN screens. Had been looking to save up for the big brother in the BenQ line before finding this one, the V2400W which comes in at around A$450 here, yet the E2200HD is a full A$200 cheaper. My only question is seeing as though I'd be using it for a great many different things, from games and movies to writing documents and web browsing, is the V2400W still the better bet for an all-rounder or what's the likelihood of the E2200HD having had features like 1:1 pixel mapping and low input lag handed down to it? The 16:9, 16:10 thing isn't an issue for me, if anything the way I see it the 10% less pixel will take a little strain off my video card when gaming at native resolution, ha.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Failing that guessing I'll bite the bullet and try to get my own review up. :)

Will games that have 16:10 widescreen resolutions have the ability to adjust to 16:9 automatically?

I think a lot of current games do but you could also force 16:10 through your videocard.

Back