Help with GTX280 problem

Valset

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, running the Nvidia physicX pack ant everything seems to be running well except my desktop is wider then it should be. kind of like a 2000 by 1200 or something. just a little too wide. What am I missing here? Not running a virtual desktop or anything. system specs in my sig though I just installed the GTX280

sounds pretty close,I do thank you for the link as it sounds very similar to my problem, but the problem may be mute here as the card is now artifacting. crap.

What temp is your card artifacting at, and is it currently OC'ed?

105C=RMA

Also note, Crysis with current drivers, can show some artifacts. It is not a good game to use, to look for any...

My 280's temps on air, and water:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1322707

A good way to test your PC case to see if you have enouigh fans installed is run with the cover off. If your 280's operating temp dosen't drop by much, your case ventilation is not the issue. If it does... install more/better fans. ;)

What temp is your card artifacting at, and is it currently OC'ed?

105C=RMA

Also note, Crysis with current drivers, can show some artifacts. It is not a good game to use, to look for any...

My 280's temps on air, and water:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1322707

A good way to test your PC case to see if you have enouigh fans installed is run with the cover off. If your 280's operating temp dosen't drop by much, your case ventilation is not the issue. If it does... install more/better fans. ;)

plenty of air flow, and even in furmark the temps only got to around 90 something. The damn thing is that it runs cyrsis pretty good, every thing at 1920 by 1200 is almost playable, would be if I could overclock it. haven't done much with overclocking as I still haven't go it to work right at stock. But it had piss poor performance in call of Juarez benchmark, had artifact like hell in DMC4.

Also I loaded up the new rivatuner and found that I can't set the core speed. can change the shader speed but not the core. I shouldn't have any driver issues as these are the same drivers I was using for my 8800GTX (reinstalled with the new card of course). I am going to have to play with it some more tonight.

I got that when running hdmi out to my tv. There is a resize your desktop utility in the nvidia control panel . Go to change resolution section and select the TV or monitor using HDMI I believe its in there.

Back