Tempted by the BenQ G2400WD

WhiteZero

2[H]4U
So I have some extra spending money and I've been tempted to upgrade my monitor. I currently have the 21" Samsung 215TW, which has served me well these past few years.

I really don't need anything fancier than a TN panel monitor since all I really do is gaming, no professional work. So from what I've heard the BenQ G2400WD is about the best 24" monitor you can get for the money.
You can get it on BenQ's store direct, with a nice $45 Ergotron stand for $368.09 after THANKYOU10 rebate.
Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. I'd be getting another 3" in size, jumping from 1680x1050 to 1920x1200 (which I'm sure my ATi 4870 can handle just fine), and also lowering my response time from 8ms GTG to 2MS GTG.

I can also probably sell my current 215TW (which is in great condition) for maybe $150 - $200. So.. should I pull the trigger on the G2400WD?

I just did the same deal and I love this monitor and with the upgraded stand it's very nice and sturdy with the ability to move all around.

Don't forget to use "THANKYOU10" for a discount, I don't know about shipping now but it was free when I got mine and it came in 2 packages with the monitor coming a day before the stand arrived.

I just did the same deal and I love this monitor and with the upgraded stand it's very nice and sturdy with the ability to move all around.

Don't forget to use "THANKYOU10" for a discount, I don't know about shipping now but it was free when I got mine and it came in 2 packages with the monitor coming a day before the stand arrived.

I've read that the height adjustment is only all the way down or all the way up, but that was only 1 Amazon review, so I'm sure that guy was just a dope. Can you confirm?

I'm guessing that code is good for awhile? My trigger finger is getting quite itchy now on this deal.. lol

I just registered at this forum asking about the same exact panel, for general use and for gaming like you. Ultimately I would be buying it w/o ever have seeing it, and the T240 seems just as good, if not better. I plan on hitting up BB in the next few days, if not tomorrow, to check it out (assuming it's on display). It's a little more expensive, but newer (and sleeker) and the comfort of dealing w/ a local shop.

I can give you my impressions if you want. In the mean time you can check out this thread about the HD version. They're essentialy the same, the HD version having a tuner and 1:1 pixel mapping (which the Benq doesn't). The non-HD version also has a better dynamic contrast ratio.

I can give you my impressions if you want. In the mean time you can check out this thread about the HD version. They're essentialy the same, the HD version having a tuner and 1:1 pixel mapping (which the Benq doesn't). The non-HD version also has a better dynamic contrast ratio.

Actually the BenQ does have 1:1 pixel mapping. Also, Dynamic Contrast doesn't mean much to me, since it's usually distracting and will be disabled.
Welcome to the forum, btw.

So are there any other monitors for around $400 someone can recommend? Or is the G2400WD the way to go?

I have the BenQ V2400W. It's more or less the same panel with some minor differences (overdriven dynamic contrast ratio, AMA for lower response time... mostly gimmicky stuff) but it looks really stylish and cool.

It's a very good monitor. I've been gaming on it with my laptop (soon to be a new desktop PC) and my 360, and it looks phenomenal. The picture quality is close to that of my old CRT... and the size is just amazing.

The only thing that I can warn you about is the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping for 1920*____ resolutions over VGA. Every resolution on every other port works fine. This only becomes a specific problem if you have a non-HDMI Xbox360, since you won't get 1:1 if you try 1080p over VGA. Then again, you could always get a VGA--> DVI adapter to solve the problem.

Here's a 24" that I haven't seen anything negative about...

LINK

Hmm... No 1:1 maping, there is also a higher percent of lower rating for it on newEgg and no big reviews on it. Seems like a good cheap monitor, but I don't want to go quit that cheap-o.
Thanks for the recommendation though.
The only thing that I can warn you about is the lack of 1:1 pixel mapping for 1920*____ resolutions over VGA. Every resolution on every other port works fine. This only becomes a specific problem if you have a non-HDMI Xbox360, since you won't get 1:1 if you try 1080p over VGA. Then again, you could always get a VGA--> DVI adapter to solve the problem.
Yeah, I've read about that. I have a 360 Elite, so I'll be using HDMI. I don't think I'll ever use the VGA port.

Back