other E7200 owners: Min temperatures?

Sojuuk

2[H]4U
Lots of people are concerned with MAX temps. What I have been noticing after a lot of overclock/underclock testing is that the min temperature for my E72000 never goes below 35C no matter how low the voltages/speeds. CPUTIN in HWmonitor reports at a constant 24C under no load and about 40C under load which to me really shows the limitations of these non-soldered chips.

Anyways discuss LOW/no load temps.

Being the way I am this is enough to make me want a new CPU just for lower temps.

i dont have 45nm chip, but my Q6600 running pretty cool,
33-33-30-30, idle, speedsteep and C1E = ON

i think E7200 should run cooler than 65nm's

Click here:
http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/events...e+tab_pressroom

Go to "IDF Session Catalog", it's on the right side of the screen...under "features and links".

Then you should see a list of presentations, search for "TMTS001"..the name of the presentation is "A New Processor Temperature Specification: Using the Digital Temperature Sensor". Click on the PDF image to see it.

Slide 6.

I actually don't really see how minimum temperatures are significant, as it's maximum temperature that will kill things nor does it seem like the 45nm chips have a cold bug..but whatever floats your boat.

Minimum temperature is useless information on 45nm chips. The sensors are not designed for this and Intel has stated that:

"Any DTS reading below 50°C should be considered to indicate only a temperature below 50°C and not a specific temperature."

At 50C, the amount of slope error means your temps are accurate to plus or minus 10C. Trying to compare that quality of data to other users will get you nowhere fast.

Go read the datasheet for the 45nm Atom processor where Intel tells it like it is concerning these sensors.

5.3 Digital Thermal Sensor
download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/320032.pdf

For some reason Intel was a little vague at their August IDF presentation and didn't mention specific error numbers for their 45nm Dual and Quad cores processors.

Back