Everyone under 18 post your setup

thecomputeraddict

Limp Gawd
saw this on macrumors. Wonder what kids under 18 have on here. I'll post mine as soon as possible.

EDIT: Everyone 18 and UNDER post your setup.

Setup027.jpg

newtv003.jpg

Setup031.jpg

Setup006-1.jpg

if your wondering why its so neat its cuz i just painted my room and just put everything back. Its a disaster now and u can somewhat see in the tv pic.

i'm 15 so here is mine

hdd040.jpg

hdd049.jpg

hdd050.jpg

hdd051.jpg

hdd052.jpg

hdd053.jpg

i am a bit of neat freak when it comes to my desk otherwise my room is a mess

All of this came from my own cash btw

dsc00041oh5.jpg

I'm 17 and this is my workstation. I really need to clean up this mess.

i wish my bro was like you guys, hes 15 and a complete retard. he even asks me to clean the inside of the case cause he doesnt know how to take the side off lol.

hes a bloody good CoD4 player though, go Figure rofl.

Collage_001.jpg

I'm 18... so that kind of counts? I use to have dual LCDs, but I sold one. Oh well.

By the way, I've done the whole watercooling thing also. My rig when I was 15:

A100WC025.jpg

A100WC039.jpg

This shot is missing my 1200 that now sits on the empty area to the right of my monitor:

P7230019.jpg

P8010040.jpg

This was my original cabling work, I have re-worked a lot of it since then, but im too damn lazy and busy to take it down for more pictures:

P8070048.jpg

Turning 16 on the 31st. No, mommy doesn't pay for anything.

Im 17, but all of this is from odd jobs, or working the summer 1 year ago (i live in Korea, (im american) and i cant get a job cause i dont speak Korean. so, most of this is from when i was in the states)

048-1.jpg

050.jpg

055-1.jpg

064-4.jpg

033-1.jpg

DSC08080.jpg

I don't know where you guys get this money, I didn't have crap to my name when I was 15.

work, work, work, work, work. You've gotta strive to find some work. My parents havent bought ANYTHING of is on my desk or in my rig (post 14)... actually, i take that back, mom made the red and white coaster that my cup is on for me :D

<snip>

Turning 16 on the 31st. No, mommy doesn't pay for anything.

yeah... except for the roof over your head, food, clothing, and bills, you douchebag :D

that's why all these youngin's can afford all this crap... they don't have to pay living expenses! lol

yeah... except for the roof over your head, food, clothing, and bills, you douchebag :D

that's why all these youngin's can afford all this crap... they don't have to pay living expenses! lol

QFT

I have two jobs: I work at Geek Squad @ $11 an hour and I program for a company called Quality System Integration @ $14 an hour.

hey buddy, nobody here is disputing that you guys are paying for whatever crap you have...

but unless you work 80+ hours a week (which, you don't lol), you wouldn't be able to live on that money and have all the fancy computer goodness.

trust us on that one lol. in real life, when you need to pay for electricity, car payments, house payment/rent, home insurance/renter's insurance, car insurance, water, sewer, student loan debt, food, clothes, gas, TV, internet, phone, cell phone, etc, etc, etc, these 14 and 16 year old dudes are gonna remember these days..... and wish they were young again! lol oh, yeah, and savings too! don't forget, you can't just spend everything you earn! guess what happens then? You're one of the DUMB FUCKS who ends up on TV complaining to the reporter that "I ain't got no money for gas"

kudos on actually working when you are young though. there are a lot of little punks out there who don't do jack shit! you should get some satisfaction from actually purchasing things with your own *earned* money. There are many young people who expect everything to be handed to them. In fact, that's one of the big things wrong with this country- spoiled little bitches who feel they are entitled to everything.

Oh man...when I was 15 years old, I was playing the Atari 2600 and using the Commodore 64. We did not have that much money to spare so we have to use a hole puncher to puch a 1/2 hole in the side of the diskette and flip it over to use the other side. Yup, each side of the diskette is only about 360 KB.
...and I bought those diskettes on sale at a great price at Zody's. Yup, does anyone know about the discount retail store called Zody's? They are like Walmart.

Now kids have the Wii, PS3, Xbox 360 and can have a hard drive up to 1.5 terabyte.

How things have changed. Come to think of it....when my parents were 15, they don't even a calculator let alone a computer.

Then again, I still don't know how to build a watercooled computer yet.

hey buddy, nobody here is disputing that you guys are paying for whatever crap you have...

but unless you work 80+ hours a week (which, you don't lol), you wouldn't be able to live on that money and have all the fancy computer goodness.

trust us on that one lol. in real life, when you need to pay for electricity, car payments, house payment/rent, home insurance/renter's insurance, car insurance, water, sewer, student loan debt, food, clothes, gas, TV, internet, phone, cell phone, etc, etc, etc, these 14 and 16 year old dudes are gonna remember these days..... and wish they were young again! lol oh, yeah, and savings too! don't forget, you can't just spend everything you earn! guess what happens then? You're one of the DUMB FUCKS who ends up on TV complaining to the reporter that "I ain't got no money for gas"

kudos on actually working when you are young though. there are a lot of little punks out there who don't do jack shit! you should get some satisfaction from actually purchasing things with your own *earned* money. There are many young people who expect everything to be handed to them. In fact, that's one of the big things wrong with this country- spoiled little bitches who feel they are entitled to everything.
Amen... I could've bought a new GPU in the money I spend on gas in a month

Tell me about it... and it is especially bad in America where everyone has to have a car, drive a ton using up a lot of gas, and then get gouged by the insurance companies (medical and auto/home/etc). If I didn't have pay for two cars, insurance for both, and medical insurance I could build a top of the line system just about every month...

Im 17, but all of this is from odd jobs, or working the summer 1 year ago (i live in Korea, (im american) and i cant get a job cause i dont speak Korean. so, most of this is from when i was in the states)

048-1.jpg

050.jpg

055-1.jpg

064-4.jpg

033-1.jpg

DSC08080.jpg

how well does that blower work?

Yea I work hard at a butcher shop. It's really taught me what work is. I get minimum wage though. I could possibly work at Best Buy, but it is a long drive there and the hours probably aren't flexible at all. My boss is a little too lenient. I don't think I will ever have anyone like him ever again after I leave.

Yea I work hard at a butcher shop. It's really taught me what work is. I get minimum wage though. I could possibly work at Best Buy, but it is a long drive there and the hours probably aren't flexible at all. My boss is a little too lenient. I don't think I will ever have anyone like him ever again after I leave.
Geek Squad is SUPER flexible (I'm sure it varies by store) and I get paid $11 an hour. Being a student in college, I cannot complain.

I can work 5 hours a week or I can work 50. I usually work 50, but it sure it nice knowing that option is open.

Geek Squad is SUPER flexible (I'm sure it varies by store) and I get paid $11 an hour. Being a student in college, I cannot complain.

I can work 5 hours a week or I can work 50. I usually work 50, but it sure it nice knowing that option is open.

dude thats aweosme!!! :D

i work at an office for a company called datascope, $16 an hour, 9 hours a day minus a 30 min lunch minumum, so if i take 30 minute lunches every day and not go out 2 or 3 days of the 5 working days, i can easily do $1000 every 2 weeks for about 80 hours. overtime is tough to come by, i might be able to do $1100 next check (2 weeks from now) if i stick with short lunches
my boss is. well shes just so hot, for being in her 30's, ha, another plus of the job :p NO i do not hit on her.

before this though i worked at domino's doing delivery for about 25-35 hours a week on average. it started getting lower and lower right before i quit, but when i first started, yaa i was working the 3 PM to 12 AM shift, mad money at the time. i was 17 then.
but i built my second, and first real gaming, PC when i was 17 and a half. about a little less than a year ago. spent about $800-900.

i miss having zero expenses, even though i barely have any expense at all (just a car payment, my parents dont want rent from me, i've asked, a bunch of times) lolol

Man wish I could make money like that at 17 (which I am till next month) :(

I've been lucky enough to get whats in my sig (everything but, the laptop I've payed for).

yeah over the summer i made like 8 an hour and over the 2 1/2 month span made 2100 which for a 15 year old aint bad. ( i worked in IT as well and learned alot software wise knew alot about hardware going in to it)

yeah over the summer i made like 8 an hour and over the 2 1/2 month span made 2100 which for a 15 year old aint bad. ( i worked in IT as well and learned alot software wise knew alot about hardware going in to it)

Yup, thats kinda how it was for me.

I was making $7.21ph part time. But, they needed me to put in extra time, so, actually "part time" i was working between 65-78 hours a week. It was hardcore. I made some serious cash!

Nice rant :)

Actually I just turned 21, and I moved out on my own when I was 20. Going to College, and working 30 hours a week is a real pain. Granted, I know MANY people here work harder than I do, it was a harsh reality learning that when I was living at home, Having my mom pay for food, my place to live, etc... was actually helping me keep a lot of my money! When I was at home though I had lame jobs (in a sense that I had the jobs for fun i.e. Worked at Spencer's; Best Buy where it was more about working with friends than making money.)

So I had to change jobs I worked doing Valet; while working in an office. But now my office offered me full time (or as many hours as I want to work up to 40 hours) so I am here all the time. Valet brought nice money; but the hours were not the best especially for a student.

My Dad pays for my insurance and my cell phone bill; but I KNOW for a fact if he didn't; I wouldn't be living on my own. Guess I am just emphasizing what you're saying but it's slight OT.

OT: Everyone's desk owns mine when I was under 18. I had all these generic hand-me-down computer desks.. and my first REAL (not a DELL or whatever) computer case was an all plexiglass case I made on my own out of the THINNEST plexi you could get. I had to carry it with a piece of cardboard underneath so it wouldn't crack from all the weight in the middle (the computer was built so it layed down like an OLD desktop). Then while I was working at Best Buy; I bought a dinky Dynex case that only has room for 3 80mm fans XD

edit: Yes kudos on working hard to you younger people too.. I REALLY wish I worked to get money, instead of working to have fun when I was younger. I would have a lot nicer things :D.

Desk.jpg

That was my setup when I was 16-17. I've since greatly upgraded the machine as well as getting LCDs :)
As far as working when you're young...I had a paper route when I was 8 years old and did that for 8 years. Worked at the schools doing some janitorial stuff for a summer then worked as a student network admin for the rest of high school. I've got a job or two after that, but yeah. Can many people say they've been working constantly since 8? :p

i started working on computer for money since i was 14. as well as some other jobs that i have due to my skills (such as web programming and now a project called hanger of the future) i have been able to make enough money for my first three years of college without loans. as well as my fraternity dues.

you are not giving these kids much credit. sure, they could be lying to make their e penis nice and big.. but seriously, you guys that are crying about how they get it handed to them are no better. stop being jealous and move on.

if you work hard as a teenager you can make a lot of money. but just shooting them down before you know anything about them just makes them less inspired.

if you have nothing good in this thread then gtfo. let the guys who can post in here post without getting flamed (or flamebaited). and see what discussion they have. a similar thread like this wayyyyyy back ago made me realize i could make money off computers even at a young age.

rather than cry about the kids on this thread. let the kids be inspired by this thread

Back