Yes, you can fold on an 8200 Chipset

MrBooMY

Gawd
I was curious if I could make the GPU client run on the new computer I set up for my Grandpa. It's a Biostar 8200+ Motherboard. He doesn't really need to game, so I just used the onboard video and sound. The 8200 can fold! I actually got it to work. The current estimate on PPD is a whopping 353PPD. It's not even worth it almost. Just thought I'd share my finding.

The real question is how fast does it fry the chip :D

So far it's 100% stable. and it has plenty of fans. 1 120mm and 1 slot fan thingy. It's been going all night. The problem is, I tried to set up the SMP client on it, and it keeps saying the core can't start or some mess like that.

Oh crap after running a while, and me not using the computer, it's now up to 393PPD!

Impressive.

:p

Me thinks you might find more excitement in watching paint dry.

Yeah I know, the only reason I've been checking it, is that it's in my FAHmon with all the rest of my clients that actually produce more than 1 block a day!

OMG, I checked this morning and it actually hit 410PPD! It's SMOKIN' (obviously I'm kidding, but man it's funny!)

Do this serve as your edge trimmer to mow people ?

Just because your Nvidia 8200 is beating up my ATI 3200 :rolleyes: decided to up the GPU frequency to 600Mhz I heard this GPU can go 800 I am just doing small steps up to make sure is dose not get buggy, to hot, or send bad WU. Any way now I am up to 200ppd. I think, I wont be able to catch you even if I did get up to 800Mhz.:mad:

But the cool thing with these boards is you can add a card and keep the on board VGA on to give you point boost. So upgrade to a 8800GT and add a sec GPU client and really smoke them.:D

Xilikon:

Yup, it's the weed eater of the bunch!

Harbmike99:

I think that's sad. ATI needs to go back to the drawing board on that weak thing. I can't even get Rivatuner to mess with the 8200, cause I would overclock it! :-P I'm trying to convince my grandpa to get internet so I can borg his boxen as well :)

Back