GeForce GTX 280+ (GT200-b) in September? GTX 350 (GT300) in Q4 08?

AuDioFreaK39

Limp Gawd
According to AustinComputers in Austrailia, it looks like Nvidia is rolling out its 55nm GTX 280 (supposedly called GTX 280+) this month. Additionally, a GTX 350 is expected within the close of the year, featuring 2GB of GDDR5 on the same 512-bit bus. If this product page is correct, this new card could easily be a beast! :eek:

newcardsai9.jpg

http://austin.net.au/ProductList/tabid/103/Default.aspx?Category=GRAPHICS+CARDS

I stumbled upon a Hardspell article written July 18, 2008 that speaks of a GTX 350 engineering sample with the same specs as listed above:

HardSpell.com - NVIDIA GTX 350 ES version is ready and the specs revealed?!

We got to know the related news but we are not so sure about this:

NVIDIA GTX 350
GT300 core
55nm technology
576mm
512bit
DDR5 2GB memory, doubled GTX280
480SP doubled GTX280
Grating operation units are 64 the same with GTX280
216G bandwidth
Default 830/2075/3360MHZ
Pixel filling 36.3G pixels/s
Texture filling 84.4Gpixels/s
Cannot support D10.1 .10.0/SM4.0

OMG....that would be awesome....im waiting for the die shrink on the gtx 280, im just affraid of getting the ones that areoverheating right now, hopefully the new one wont have that problem

The GTX350 must be a dual GPU card. 512 bit bus with 2GB of memory?

Yeah there would be zero point to have 2GB for a single GPU.

Though I'm sure someone who uses CUDA will come along and tell me otherwise :p

It says GT300 but what about that slide from like a week ago showing a GT212 due like Q109
40/45nm man this is so confusing.

Probably is dual GPU, that'll be why it's called GTX 350 so they can use GTX 360 and 380 for their next-gen single GPU cards.

Knowing Nvidia especially after the naming debacle of the past year absolutely nothing would suprise me. Hey I know how about 8800GTS thats never been used before

I wonder if this 350 GTX does actually exist. We haven't really heard much about it and this retail store suddenly lists it. If the specs and this card actually exist, I can imagine the cost of this card.

Look at the text in that picture.
Dont those GTX280+ and GTX350 links look photochoped to you guys or is it just me?

I see GTX280+, GTX280++, GTX280++ "more hidden tweaks edition" coming out before the GTX350 or whatever ridiculous naming scheme it'll bear arrives.

We're supposed to believe in this shit because of some half-assed product page on a no-name site and a bullshit list of specs? Especially when the naming conventions make no sense?

Yeah right. Some of us have gullibility issues.

We're supposed to believe in this shit because of some half-assed product page on a no-name site and a bullshit list of specs? Especially when the naming conventions make no sense?

Maybe so. However!

You know damn well and good that a 280X2 card is coming. With textures sometimes exceeding 1gb, a 2 gb card is overkill but not entirely. New games coming out will have some pretty demanding options at higher resolutions.

Power requirements will be obscene though.

Look at the text in that picture.
Dont those GTX280+ and GTX350 links look photochoped to you guys or is it just me?

Notice the url link right under the picture. Click and see for yourself.

Threads like these are called "rumors" (a.k.a. you take them with a grain of salt, yes?) I didn't say anywhere in the original post that this was "omg for a fact" happening...

yes this is just a rumor but think about the crap that Nvidia actually has done. I mean just look at that debacle of a product line they have had ever since the 8800gt. :eek:

I for one am excited, and hope that the 350 is true, and that is 50% faster than my single 280. I want a decent % jump in speed over my single 280 if I buy a new card! :)

With my Q6600@ 3.8GHz,
Stock 280 set to Core=602MHz, Shaders=1296MHz, and Memory=1107MHz scored= P12178
With my 280 set to Core=702MHz, Shaders=1512MHz, and Memory=1269MHz scored = P14098

Going from a 602 core, to a 702 core, and shaders up 216MHz, moved my Vantage score up 1,920 points. Going from a 702 core to an 830 core, along with my shaders jumping up another 563MHz too, one might tend to expect the same gain at least in Vantage. That would put my score at a minimum at P16018+. I think that would be still low due to the shaders being clocked over double the jump I got out of my current 280's shaders by OC'ing them...

As far as the memory jumping another 2,091MHz over my current 280's OC'ed memory, who knows if that will add any performance? :eek::confused::D

Some say we don't need extra bandwidth on a 280, some say we do...
Maybe the 350 would? Either way, if true, this card should be well covered in bandwidth respect, with a 512 bit bus being clocked that fast... This has 55nm, faster clocked, 280 GX2 stink all over it!! I am fine with that, but would rather see it on 1 PCB, not 2 like the GX2.

(My Pure Guess using the 350 stats on my single 280...)
280 to Core=830MHz, Shaders=2075MHz, and Memory=3360MHz MIGHT SCORE = P17257

I wonder if the DDR5 info is wrong, and 512 bus is right, and Memory should really =1680MHz? That still would be 411MHz more than I am currently running. I still have a hard time with both DDR5 and a 512 bit bus... Wow! Could be a bad case of Crown Fever?

Makes you wonder how well the 55nm cores might OC too? (Remember, that is the reported stock settings!)

Take two of those 55nm cores that could each hit 17K+ in Vantage by themselves, put them on 1 PCB, and you better include a seat-belt in every box...
It would have to be a runner!! :p

We may be about to meet the first single card, that will probably let a Q6600 @ 3.8GHz hit 20K+ in Vantage... Gotta love that! :D

My biggest fear right now is that I haven't seen a 9800GX2 successfully being used for a GPU, and another 8 series card as a PPU in the same system.

I will still want to use my 280 as a dedicated PPU. I will want the 350 to run at it full potential (internal SLI like the GX2), but still be able to use my 280 as a PPU.

I also have concerns about micro-stutter on the 350, but the boys now running 280's in SLI don't report a problem with that, so it's probably just a non-issue now with the 280's, even if they put two 280 cores on one PCB...

This card has the same appeal to the non-SLI mobo guy's, as the 9800 GX2 did. To sum it up in three words, it would be "Sheer Animal Speed'. Hard to justify yes, but always fun to have!

Nvidia, make this card turn out to be true, and a fine piece of engineering to boot!!

Thanks teach, but I was hoping for some thoughts related to the thread...

Guess I shot too high?

This rumor was debunked long ago. Besides, that card would exceed the 300W PCIE spec so its not even possible

i'm just wondering.... how is high end gaming technology going to keep advancing for much longer with the amount it takes to power them? it seems like a few card generations from now, the amount of money it takes to simply power a computer is going to be unbearable. Are we really going to go up to 2000 watt psus?

You've been hearing too much about quadfire and tri-sli power requirements. most single card solutions just eat 400w if not less, power consumption of new cards has been pretty much the same as their older generation cards.

I don't think power requirements are too bad.

My current card is a 7800 GTX which requires a 400w. The GTX 260 that I am getting requires 500w. That's give or take 3 years between the two and only 100w difference.

This rumor was debunked long ago. Besides, that card would exceed the 300W PCIE spec so its not even possible

350 debunked... by who? I would like to see the link. ;)

A GTX 280 only uses 16 to 17amps of power at it's worst...

A GTX 280GX2 would use 34 amps or less...

My 1000W toughpower PSU has a dedicated 36A on both the V3 and V4 rail. It could power a 280GX2 with no issues. This card could be possible for sure... :D

How much more power would a 55nm 280GX2 use than a 4870X2?

Google GTX350. All links stem from this single sighting. I'm sure the sight has gotten tons of traffic for "it's mistaken listing".

So does that mean Nvidia isn't going to take the single slot crown back?

A 280 GX2 is just a matter of time. I also think a GTX 350 with stats, is too big of a mistake to be made up, by a business is currently selling cards.

They just put out the info up too early before the NDA was lifted.

I do not buy into that they purposly made up the 350 with killer stats, in hopes you would buy one of their other cards....

So does that mean Nvidia isn't going to take the single slot crown back?

A 280 GX2 is just a matter of time. I also think a GTX 350 with stats, is too big of a mistake to be made up, by a business is currently selling cards.

They just put out the info up too early before the NDA was lifted.

I do not buy into that they purposly made up the 350 with killer stats, in hopes you would buy one of their other cards....
Very simple. If true, you would have seen nVidia force them to remove the pie in the sky spec listing. If wishing something into existence worked, I'm sure we'd all be independently wealthy.

For better speculating on what nVidia might have up it's sleeve, ELSA hints GT206 and GT212 is worth reading through.

I just sent them an e-mail about the 350. I hope they respond. If they do, I will post it. :)

Others have with less than hopeful news. Good luck on your response from them.
We know nVidia doesn't like playing second fiddle, so the battle between them and AMD will continue to our benefit. :)

I hope so... (Nvidia Fan if you couldn't tell !!) :D

They also have the GTX 280+ listed with a September release...

That card will be true for sure. :cool:

Actually, some think the rumor about a Oct. 21st release of the "280+" is more believable.
An insider @ Beyond3D shot that hope of early release down. :(

That card will be true for sure

I agree but the question is when.
The latest NVIDIA chips are so complex that I would not be surprised if the GTX 280+ is only launched in 2009.

That site says the 280 GTX+ is going to be released in September... and its already the end of September and we haven't heard anything from NVIDIA yet. And this "350 GTX" sounds kinda fishy, I think the specs are way off, too good to be true. Though I would love to have one but I seriously doubt this 350 GTX exists and I don't think the 280 GTX+ is going to be released this month either.

I wish NVIDIA would announce something already, why keep us customers in the dark?

That site says the 280 GTX+ is going to be released in September... and its already the end of September and we haven't heard anything from NVIDIA yet. And this "350 GTX" sounds kinda fishy, I think the specs are way off, too good to be true. Though I would love to have one but I seriously doubt this 350 GTX exists and I don't think the 280 GTX+ is going to be released this month either.

I wish NVIDIA would announce something already, why keep us customers in the dark?
so they can keep selling current products. if a company always annouces products that are in development or about to be released then customers will constantly be waiting. customers need to think they are getting the best product at the time of purchase. I wish video cards were like cars and all new model lines were released just once a year. ;)

Back