X-Fi Titanium + Vista64 + 8GB RAM = True??

Dear Sirs,

I am currently planning on upgrading my gaming rig with a new sound card - I am currently using the Supreme FXII shipped with my ASUS Rampage Formula mobo.

Unfortunately - I have read a lot of complaints regarding Creative drivers (ie. crackle & pops from the speakers) if you are running Vista 64 and have more than 4 GB ram.

So - Do anyone of you have good/bad experience regarding PCI-E X-FI Titanium cards and similar rig as mine?

Rig: Asus Rampage Formula / Q9450@stock / 8GB RAM / 2 X Gigabyte HD4870 in CrossfireX / Corsair 1000w PSU.

Please - any comments are more than welcome - good as bad...

Best Regards,

Splattergnejs

I'm running an Asus P5Q Deluxe with 8gb mem, an e6600, and HD 4850 video card. Using the X-fi Titanium, normal version without the drive bay thingy.
No problems at all with drivers or SCP (snap crackle pop).
My only problem is the mic comes out very soft to other people in online games, but it's not too bad.

This is unlike my old X-fi fatality, which was pretty bad and had the problems you mentioned in Vista 64 on the same exact build as above. It worked fine with the same build but using XP pro, 32 and 64.

Asus Maximus + VISTA 64 Ultimate + X-Fi Titanium Champion PCI-E + 8GB RAM = no problems for me.

Installation was smooth, and everything is working perfectly in my system.

The latest X-Fi drivers are working good. Boot and shutdown are now alot faster then with my X-Fi Fatality in the same configuration. ALOT!

Simple answer... Yes. See my sig for system specs. Had absolutely no issues installing the card. :)

The issues you have read about are in relation to PCI versions of Creative cards, this card is PCI-e.

Superb!

I really appreciate your feedback!

Order will be placed later tonight!

Grateful Regards,

Splattergnejs :D

Although I have seen some complaints from people with the X-Fi Titanium and nforce 790 ultra chipset motherboards. This chipset seems to be one of the only (or perhaps only) hardware that I would be skeptical about recommending for the Titanium.

Personally it works great on my setup.

I*'m currently running 8GB + Vista64 + xfi elite.
So far no problem. No popping and cracking noise like everybody mentioned.

Back