IP35 Pro - C1 Error (memory)

ZacharyS

Gawd
So recently one of my memory sticks died so I was only able to use one out of the pair. I thought, cool, since that stick is dead, that must mean it was causing all the random hangups in games and stuff. So I trudge on with just one stick of RAM. Games still hang up and randomly cause reboots. Now I realize that it is possible that both sticks died, but this one stick passed multiple tests from memtest so I doubt it would be 100% fine one day then completely gone the next.

Ok, so the problem is when I push the power button, I get error C1 on the motherboard. This points towards memory. Right before this, I (stupidly) changed some settings in the BIOS. These settings were upping the speed of this stick from 333 to 400 (which also brought my CPU up from 2.66 to 3.2, so I dropped the multipler down to 7 for an OC to 2.8). Anyway, I also for whatever stupid retarded reason changed the voltage from 1.8 to 2.2. Now I'm no saying that is the problem because IIRC my memory is rated for 2.2 anyway.

So I clear the CMOS using the switch on the board so that I can get back in BIOS and straighten all this mess out. Still get C1 error. Hmm, ok. I unplug everything, flip the switch AND change the on the bottom right of the motherboard. Still C1 error. I flip the switch, change the pin, and take out the battery letting it sit for 5 minutes. Still C1 error.

So at this point, I'm not sure if my memory is just completely whack, or if I'm not resetting something right? I've searched on google and apparently I'm not the only one with C1 error trouble.

Sooooo..... how the crap do I make this work? Oh yea, I forgot to mention I've also tried the ram stick in all 4 slots and tried the dead ram stick in all 4 slots just for fun. I even tried NO ram sticks, still get C1 error every single time. Please halp.

I just went through a similar mess with the C1 error as well. It turns out that for whatever reason my motherboard was killing my ram sticks. I had 2x1GB crucial sticks in my IP35 Pro that went dead after a couple of months. RMA'ed the ram and the same thing happened. I would get random C1 errors but sometimes it would boot only to blue screen after several hours due to the bad memory. This all happened with the memory running slightly below stock volts and being underclocked.

I then borrowed a pair of sticks from my brother while I RMAed my dead sticks. Now mind you, my brother had been running these sticks for some time without any problem. Again, they worked for a couple months and then died. I couldn't run memtest for 5 seconds without getting errors.

I finally determined after the third time on a completely different set of ram that the motherboard was killing my ram and RMA'ed the board. This is now the second time that I have RMA'ed my IP35 Pro and for this reason. I noticed that the board I just got is version 1.1 so I am hoping that this issue will not happen like it did with my 1.0 boards.

I went through three sets of Crucial Ballistix Tracer on my IP35 Pro V1.1

My IP35 Pro 1.1 chewed through a set of Crucial Ballistix as well. I switched to GSkill and have had no problems for 7 months. I wonder if it's the fault of the motherboard not liking Ballistix or if it's the classic and relatively common case of Ballistix failure.

Back