This is called Guerilla Marketing!!!!

Shane Vance

Official Galaxy Representative
I would like to explain this link to everyone:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162014

This is our competitors going in and making bad statements about our company and products. You ask me how I know? The 9800GTX+ was delayed from us and we only just got them in, we have not even sold any yet. So there is no way someone has owned one for over a week since 10-1 let alone 2 people. This is our competition trying to keep us from coming over to the US, I have contacted Newegg and they may remove the link but I wanted to assure everyone that these are false posts and BS like this is not right.:mad:

That looks like the standard OEM nVidia heatsink/fan combo anyway. Those statements are obviously bogus.

Any storefront review like that, I can't think of anything with less credibility...

Shane there is a way with Newegg to do a manufacturer response. Why are you guys not taking advantage of this and calling them out on their bullshit?

It's spelt "guerilla", I know that's not the most pressing issue here but hey, I'm a bastard.

If this is true then the "Holy Trinity" are really stupid for risking their good image like this.

Shane there is a way with Newegg to do a manufacturer response. Why are you guys not taking advantage of this and calling them out on their bullshit?

I have left two messages with our buyer, just found it this am. I would really like to get the email address so I could track it back I am sure I know where it came from.

I have left two messages with our buyer, just found it this am. I would really like to get the email address so I could track it back I am sure I know where it came from.

It is probably going to be impossible to track it back. I would do manufacturer responses and explain the situation in your response. As a buyer I always give the edge to the manufacturer response after I see a negative review.

It's spelt "guerilla", I know that's not the most pressing issue here but hey, I'm a bastard.

If this is true then the "Holy Trinity" are really stupid for risking their good image like this.

changed so I dont't look like such a goof. In my anger I typed quickly and did not catch it.

thanks

you really should use the manufacturer response feature in the newegg reviews......this way you would reach anyone looking at the responses, not just the few people here.....

it always impressed me when reading gskill memory reviews when people reported a problem and the manufacturer took the time to respond to that individuals complaint in the wide open

I wouldn't buy that card just because I can't see the price until I put it in my cart. I wouldn't even have to read the reviews, just fuck you nvidia.

That's pretty lame. On the egg I tend to trust reviews from people that actually bought the card from newegg. A newegg review will state if the buyer actually bought the item from newegg in blue writing on the top. I wonder what is sparking these kind of guerilla tactics any ways. You see these "guerilla" tactics in these forums, and reviews sites like HardOcp for example...so it';s nothing new...but sucks overrall.

I think newegg should simply only allow reviews from people that actually bought the card from the them.

Wow, shane thats pretty bad. I assure you that newegg will work with you to try to get such a situation fixed. Ive seen such things before but in different locations and newegg usually axes those kinds of reviews if they arent done by customers and have a questionable motive. I can assure you that nobody that i know of at EVGA would ever do something like this. :eek:

I think EVGA is probably too busy processing RMAs to be messing around with juvenile crap like this. But you never know, businesses have their little minions to do their dirty work for them. Who knows, it could be some rogue evga fan boys.:p

Bastards, good luck with getting the situation fixed. Update us if you get any new information.

The thing about guerilla marketeers, is they're sort of like Jack Bauer in the second half of a season of 24.

They aren't technically part of the company that hired them, they have a vague mandate to promote their client's products over the offerings of the competition. It could be that the company in question is just as pissed as anyone, if the OGMs overstepped their bounds.

So it could be that Jack Bauer will be hauled back to CTU for a thorough "de-briefing". :D

I wouldn't buy that card just because I can't see the price until I put it in my cart. I wouldn't even have to read the reviews, just fuck you nvidia.

....You can click see price in cart...see the price...then remove from cart all in 2 steps. Wow the stress in doing that.

Bastards, good luck with getting the situation fixed. Update us if you get any new information.

Thanks for the support guys. I am working with Newegg to get set up so I can do a manufacturer response. It may take some time to get this all set up.

Hi Shane,
Nothing new on the newegg reviews but before pointing fingers I would see if you can track down from newegg who wrote the review. The reason I say this is pretty much any new product listed at newegg (especially video) has crazy fans that will put false reviews to deter potential customers.

As I owned a Galaxy/KFA2 8800GT, when your company started selling them out of NCIX, here are some thoughts from an actual customer.

1) Warranty and support: Your major competitors offer longer warranties. May it be right/wrong but I notice many new competitors lack the warranties that other more establish companies provide. I recall your company providing a 1 year warranty.

I think if you improved your warranty to 2-3 years it would go along way. Right now, and I'm sure many would agree, dollar per dollar people will lean towards XFX, BFG, or EVGA because of customers service and history. I don't see anything that would lean more towards your company at the current moment if the prices are the same.

2) Quality Control: The second galaxy card that I received was great. Shorter, Dual power plugs, Voltage overclocking via jumpter, After market heatsink, and a real nice looking card and performer. However the first one I received was when the product revision was switched to a dual slot black cooler with no speed control on the fan. This unit was a real screamer, not only in performance but also in noise. How this passed QC was shocking as I have multiple machines on at the same time and I could hear this thing on the other side of the room. It was so bad my wife came in and asked what that heck was that noise.

Many people were burned by this and we had to send the card back to NCIX for a replacement. Many of asked if we could receive the replacement cooler so we can continue running, or received a discount to keep the product (so we could buy a 3rd party). Neither was offered and only option was for a RMA. We were also reminded if we did swap coolers are warranty would be void. Nice touch.

I may have bad luck but your competitor, XFX, also had a bad batch of coolers that lacked speed control on a 8800GT that I purchased for another machine. I opened a ticket, support confirmed my problem, and they gave me 2 options. RMA or they can mail me a cooler. I chose the cooler, received it within the week, and I was never down outside of when the cooler arrived and the time it took to replace it.

Personally I like what your company did with adding a Coolermaster heatsink (on the revision that worked) on the 8800GT but I did not like the support I received when I needed it. I think if you could beef up your warranty, show your company pays attention to post purchase support, and market those features that differ your company from the competitors.
Until then posting on public forums accusing other companies of sabotage sounds little childish. Buck up nancy!

that is quite low, especially considering you guys havent sold any.

it's too bad that they allow anyone to write a review.

they need to have them log into their account and if they've purchaced the card, they can write a review....

I'll buy 2 if you give them to me for 100 dollars (total) and if they work i'll post some nice words.

Wow, that's not ever good guerilla marketing. Guess guerillas have tards too.

I also got a Galaxy 8800 GT with the voltage jumper and Zalman HSF from NCIX for $135 when 8800 GT's were averaging over $230. Very pleased with it...top notch performance for a bargain price.

People complain about warranties and step-up and such. I only care about out-of-pocket cost. As long as it works when I get it....i'm good to go.

I've had a few Galaxy cards, and as well being extremely price competitive, they usually come with quality third-party HSFs that are mostly not found with big brand names. I consider this to be a big plus, as I don't have to buy an extra cooler as well as the card.

I'm not sure if it's guerrilla marketing or just some brand-loyal noobs who wanted to disparage a new brand for kicks, but I've had no problem buying Galaxy. :)

It seems Neweggs policy of letting anyone write a review on any product as long as their sighned in leaves it open to abuse.
I myself would like to see them only allow people who actually purchased the product from Newegg have the ability to leave a review for said product.

It seems Neweggs policy of letting anyone write a review on any product as long as their sighned in leaves it open to abuse.
I myself would like to see them only allow people who actually purchased the product from Newegg have the ability to leave a review.

+1 :cool:

Hi Shane,
Nothing new on the newegg reviews but before pointing fingers I would see if you can track down from newegg who wrote the review. The reason I say this is pretty much any new product listed at newegg (especially video) has crazy fans that will put false reviews to deter potential customers.

As I owned a Galaxy/KFA2 8800GT, when your company started selling them out of NCIX, here are some thoughts from an actual customer.

1) Warranty and support: Your major competitors offer longer warranties. May it be right/wrong but I notice many new competitors lack the warranties that other more establish companies provide. I recall your company providing a 1 year warranty.

I think if you improved your warranty to 2-3 years it would go along way. Right now, and I'm sure many would agree, dollar per dollar people will lean towards XFX, BFG, or EVGA because of customers service and history. I don't see anything that would lean more towards your company at the current moment if the prices are the same.

2) Quality Control: The second galaxy card that I received was great. Shorter, Dual power plugs, Voltage overclocking via jumpter, After market heatsink, and a real nice looking card and performer. However the first one I received was when the product revision was switched to a dual slot black cooler with no speed control on the fan. This unit was a real screamer, not only in performance but also in noise. How this passed QC was shocking as I have multiple machines on at the same time and I could hear this thing on the other side of the room. It was so bad my wife came in and asked what that heck was that noise.

Many people were burned by this and we had to send the card back to NCIX for a replacement. Many of asked if we could receive the replacement cooler so we can continue running, or received a discount to keep the product (so we could buy a 3rd party). Neither was offered and only option was for a RMA. We were also reminded if we did swap coolers are warranty would be void. Nice touch.

I may have bad luck but your competitor, XFX, also had a bad batch of coolers that lacked speed control on a 8800GT that I purchased for another machine. I opened a ticket, support confirmed my problem, and they gave me 2 options. RMA or they can mail me a cooler. I chose the cooler, received it within the week, and I was never down outside of when the cooler arrived and the time it took to replace it.

Personally I like what your company did with adding a Coolermaster heatsink (on the revision that worked) on the 8800GT but I did not like the support I received when I needed it. I think if you could beef up your warranty, show your company pays attention to post purchase support, and market those features that differ your company from the competitors.
Until then posting on public forums accusing other companies of sabotage sounds little childish. Buck up nancy!

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking to extend our warranty based on feedback from a previous forum posting. Will keep everyone posted.;)
I do recall the issue of the loud fan. The reason we did not offer to send the cooler was if someone damaged the card, PC, or themselves we were laible. I know there are tons of guys out there that can replace heatsinks with their eyes closed, but some cannot.
I am sorry if everyone has to be punished for this but that has been a policy we have always followed all the way back to my STB/3dfx days. I know it sucks to be down anytime waiting on RMA hardware, we aired extra product to make sure if anyone had an issue they would be taken care of.

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking to extend our warranty based on feedback from a previous forum posting. Will keep everyone posted.;)
I do recall the issue of the loud fan. The reason we did not offer to send the cooler was if someone damaged the card, PC, or themselves we were laible. I know there are tons of guys out there that can replace heatsinks with their eyes closed, but some cannot.
I am sorry if everyone has to be punished for this but that has been a policy we have always followed all the way back to my STB/3dfx days. I know it sucks to be down anytime waiting on RMA hardware, we aired extra product to make sure if anyone had an issue they would be taken care of.
Hope your company doesn't follow all the same policies as we know where those companies ended up;)

Hope your company doesn't follow all the same policies as we know where those companies ended up;)

Thanks for the support just trying to show you why the policies were in place, we did the same at BFG too.

looks like a reference Nvidia card, I suppose it would be the same for every company manufacturing those. So that review has to be false, Galaxy or EVGA , both cards can't be different

Anyways, Welcome to the market Galaxy. Nice to have a representative on board !

I feel sorry for anyone that bases purchase decisions on newegg reviews :( It is very rare that I read one with any real value. Half the people parrot information and the other half are just stupid. Just the other day I read one bitching about a monitor that claimed to support dual monitor configurations... he was very disgruntled and claimed false advertising. Apparently his video card only has one plug.

Hopefully most of the buyers have learned that the reviews are pretty worthless and will ignore it.

I hope you asked Newegg if they could provide the IP address of the reviewer who posted that to see if it originates from a competitor's network, thats dirty.

welcome to the USA market, and have you noticed how you managed people to look at your bargain priced product for free on this forum: this is called inteligent marketing!

Hi Shane,

I agree. I see this happen more often with fan boys than shills. Shills tend to have more tact. ;)

Newegg needs to change their comment system so only actual customers who have purchased the product can leave comments.

Back