HP LP3065 vs Dell 3007WFP-HC vs Dell 3008WFP vs LG W2600HP vs NEC LCD2690WUXi

Is the HP LP3065 and Dell 3007WFP-HC, Dell 3008WFP, LG W2600HP really all IPS panels? Which one one has the best picture out of these 4?

Anyone have any figures on input lag on HP LP3065? All I've found is those on the anandtech review but they compared it to another TFT? (wtf?)

Nec 2690 is the better monitor here, question is how much you value the awesome resolution of the 30" monitors. But thats my take on it :)

Anyone have any figures on input lag on HP LP3065? All I've found is those on the anandtech review but they compared it to another TFT? (wtf?)

Nec 2690 is the better monitor here, question is how much you value the awesome resolution of the 30" monitors. But thats my take on it :)

Well, if you find out the input lag of the TFT they used and add the two values you arrive roughly at the input lag figure for the main panel, no?

Well, if you find out the input lag of the TFT they used and add the two values you arrive roughly at the input lag figure for the main panel, no?

Well, there are only three test-images in anandtechs test and the LP3065 is about 1 ms faster in all images. Which is a bit strange since input-lag photo tests doesn't seem to be that consistent.
They compare it to the Dell 2407WFP and numbers of its input lag can be found here:
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=88&mo1=116&p1=1217&ma2=88&mo2=237&p2=2302&ph=12

Also, I don't know if different revisions of Dell 2407WFP and or different panels makes a difference. In addition we don't know what resolution they are running, one could guess that it would be 1280x800 but then I don't know how running at non-native resolutions behave on either of those monitors. Granted I would be surprised if there was any difference for LP3065 but I don't know for 2407WFP.

All in all there are to many questionmarks to get any number from it at all, if it had the same input-lag as the 2407WFP in digitalversus that would be a bit surprising since thats quite high for a monitor without scaler (easily beaten by 3007WFP-HC for instance (which is also in the comparision link above)).

And I have yet to see any other test of it.

My best guess is that it's very close to 3007WFP-HC and that 2407WFP was "lucky" in anantechs test - since the best result of 2407WFP matches 3007WFP-HC quite well in digitalversus. But it would be nice to have numbers on it, could of course be that LP3065 somehow managed to get that much lag even without a scaler.

The LG w3000h-bn doesn't get very much attention...probably because of its limited availability in the US, although NCIX-US does offer it now and at a reasonable price compared to the 3007wfp-hc given its updated panel. I still havent seen a review beyond some anectodal information however.

Please don't hijack my thread.

I don't know anything about LG W2600HP, but the rest are IPS at least.

Please don't hijack my thread.

Sorry, thought it would be relevant. Depends on how much you care about input lag.
3007WFP-HC has, as shown above as good a input lag as one can expect from a 30" I think.

3008WFP didn't get a great review overall @ behardware and it has quite a high input lag.
http://www.behardware.com/articles/703-1/dell-3008wfp-hc.html

As far as the NEC 2690 input lag is the only thing (besides price) that I dislike about it:
2690 vs. 3008WFP:
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=88&mo2=316&p2=3023&ph=12

Also, all monitos you've listed (except for perhaps LG W2600HP) are wide gamut, which is probably not what you want considering what you've said you will use it for.
In that case the NEC 2490 is very similair to NEC 2690 but without wide gamut (it's availability is limited though).
The only 30" screens without wide gamut that I know is the apple one and Dell 3007WFP (non HC).

Then again, for your uses a monitor like NEC 2490/2690 is probably overkill.

I don't know anything about LG W2600HP, but the rest are IPS at least.

Sorry, thought it would be relevant. Depends on how much you care about input lag.
3007WFP-HC has, as shown above as good a input lag as one can expect from a 30" I think.

3008WFP didn't get a great review overall @ behardware and it has quite a high input lag.
http://www.behardware.com/articles/703-1/dell-3008wfp-hc.html

As far as the NEC 2690 input lag is the only thing (besides price) that I dislike about it:
2690 vs. 3008WFP:
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=52&mo1=149&p1=1606&ma2=88&mo2=316&p2=3023&ph=12

Also, all monitos you've listed (except for perhaps LG W2600HP) are wide gamut, which is probably not what you want considering what you've said you will use it for.
In that case the NEC 2490 is very similair to NEC 2690 but without wide gamut (it's availability is limited though).
The only 30" screens without wide gamut that I know is the apple one and Dell 3007WFP (non HC).

Then again, for your uses a monitor like NEC 2490/2690 is probably overkill.

Isn't wide gamut supposed to be good? I thought it enhances the picture quality and performance? Which monitor that i listed would have the least input lag and the best for Gaming and Bluray movies?

Isn't wide gamut supposed to be good? I thought it enhances the picture quality and performance? Which monitor that i listed would have the least input lag and the best for Gaming and Bluray movies?

Wide Gamut, although gives punchier colours, would appear over saturated if you do not have the proper calibrating equipment. PLus unless you're planning to do some colour critical work on your PC your better off without as it (far as I know and from what people have told me) it doesnt work on browsers witch dont have proper colour management options!!

I don't know if LG W2600HP-BF is the same as without BF but if it is it and Dell 3007WFP-HC are the ones with least input lag (although as can be read above, I don't know of any exact figures of HP LP3065):
http://www.digitalversus.com/duels.php?ty=6&ma1=35&mo1=412&p1=3818&ma2=88&mo2=237&p2=2302&ph=12

Whether or not input lag is important or not is very individual though. I don't think it would matter for movies, games though could be a problem (some doesn't even notice it, others hate it).

Wide gamut means that the monitor can output a redder red, bluer blue etc. than 'normal' monitors. But wide-gamut monitors (that we mortals can afford) are all, just as non-wide-gamut, 8 bit. That means that you don't have more colors on a wide gamut display, just that each color are further apart. And that creates a whole mess since *everyone* assumes that you have a non-wide-gamut monitor which makes everything look over saturated on wide-gamut monitors unless the applications you are using are color-aware (but very few applications are).
If you read through this thread it will probably become a litle clearer:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1350050

Wide gamut has nothing to do with performance as far as I know.

Sure if you think truth comes from the marketing department of large corporations. Like you I wanted the big panel to eventually watch Blu Ray on, but....

I owned a Dell 3007-HC and I got rid of it for two main reasons.

1: Wide Gamut: Wide Gamut also means mismatched gamut. We have an sRGB world and when you get a wide gamut monitor most application colors (including Blu Ray movies that are also essentially sRGB) will have incorrect color. Calibration is not enough. You need color managed applications of which there are very few. Color was so bad in games that it practically hurt my eyes to look at the radioactive reds...

2: Poor panel quality: The bigger IPS panels get, the more defects they have, even on super expensive NEC 3090wuxi panels. My 3007 was no exception. Dark corner, glowing corner, cloudy striping... This is common, so common that I think it affects them all and people who are just fine with defects keep them.

I replaced it with an NEC 2490 WUXi. Standard sRGB gamut so my colors all look right everywhere. The panel is much higher quality. I'll get a bigger TV for Blu Ray at some point.

You would have to pry the Dell 3007WFP-HC off my cold dead hands!!!

Every day I love it even more. Game, work, browse, whatever.

Only thing I dont do on it is watch movies. I do that on my couch with a proper LCD TV.

LCD Tv's are 10 bit right and LCD monitors are only a measily 6-8 bit? Why don't they make LCD monitors 10 bit as well?

Back