XSPC Edge
XSPC Edge.jpg

Swiftech Apogee GTZ
Swiftech Apogee GTZ.jpg

XSPC X2O Delta 3
XSPC X2O Delta 3.jpg

OCZ Hydroflow
OCZ Hydroflow.jpg

Nice post. I have the Swiftech Apogee GT. Keeping my X2 6000+ at 33 idle, it's also in a loop with a 4870X2 so it's not that bad.

Surlyjoe Beehive
Surlyjoe Beehive 2.jpg

Little River Cascade
Little River Cascade 2.jpg

Little River Storm G4
Little River Storm G4 2.jpg

D-Tek Whitewater
D-Tek White Water 2.jpg

Danger Den RBX
Danger Den RBX 2.jpg

Swiftech Apogee
Swiftech Apogee 2.gif

Little River Storm G5 Silver Edition
Little River Storm G5 Silver 2.jpg

Swiftech Storm
Swiftech Storm 2.jpg

Swiftech Apogee 1U
Swiftech Apogee 2.gif

Danger Den TDX
Danger Den TDX 2.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger V4
FstFrddy Stinger V4.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger V6
FstFrddy Stinger V6 2.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger V6 D/O
FstFrddy Stinger V6 DO 2.jpg

Aquaxtreme/D-Tek MP-05
Aquaxtreme MP-05 2.jpg

EK Wave
EK Wave.jpg

Alphacool NexXxos
Alphacool NexXxos.gif

D-Tek Fuzion
D-Tek Fuzion V1 2.jpg

Enzotech Sapphire
Enzotech Sapphire 2.jpg

Swiftech Apogee GT
Swiftech Apogee GT 2.jpg

Swiftech Apogee GTX
Swiftech Apogee GTX 2.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger V8
Fstfrddy Stinger V8 2.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger V6i
FstFrddy Stinger V6i 2.jpg

FstFrddy Stinger Diamond Max
FstFrddy Stinger Diamond Max 2.jpg

EK Supreme
EK Supreme 2.jpg

EK Supreme 3.jpg

Danger Den MC-TDX
Danger Den MC-TDX 2.jpg

Aqua Computer Double Impact
Aqua Computer Double Impact 2.jpg

XSPC X2O Delta 2
XSPC X2O Delta 2 2.jpg

D-Tek Fuzion V2
D-Tek Fuzion V2 2.jpg

XSPC Edge
XSPC Edge 2.jpg

Swiftech Apogee GTZ
Swiftech Apogee GTZ 2.jpg

XSPC X2O Delta 3
XSPC X2O Delta 3 2.jpg

OCZ Hydroflow
OCZ Hydroflow 2.jpg

wasnt that just the silver version of g4 or did cathar change the internal?

Expanded explanation:

For starters, it's a G7, rather than a G4/G5.

G1 = 1 jet
G2 = 7 jets
G3 = 19 jets
G4 = 35-37 jets (implemented G4 has 35 jets)
G5 = 55-61 jets (implemented G5 has 59 jets)

G6 = 85-91 jets
G7 = 117-127 jets (implemented G7 has 117 jets)
G8 = 155-169 jets (could only machine on aerospace quality equipment)

per an old thread @ ocforums :D

Wow where are you getting all these shots? Just google? Great compilation!

Blocks I have (other than a ton of DD TDX and MC-TDXs of course):
Swiftech MCW6500-T-775 Thermoelectric:

DD Maze 3 cooling a HDD:

Custom-etched Maze 5:

And three Koolance C330s.

The favorite of all my blocks (won't say which vendor tho it is not any of the above):

hmm!!! nice water cooling pr0n !! ;)

a lot of the old designs use dual outlets in order to cool the die evenly. unfortunately, this increases restriction and requires the use of a y-fitting or a dual inlet reservoir.

Actually it decreases restriction (larger area for water to leave the block = less restriction)

Actually it decreases restriction (larger area for water to leave the block = less restriction)

OK let me rephrase, it decreases flow, since now the water has to separate into 2 directions. After it leaves the waterblock, it has to either go to a Y-fitting or a reservoir with dual inlets, which will cause increased restriction.

OK let me rephrase, it decreases flow, since now the water has to separate into 2 directions. After it leaves the waterblock, it has to either go to a Y-fitting or a reservoir with dual inlets, which will cause increased restriction.

Once again, flow is a constant (it's a volume thing), it doesn't change no matter how many times you split it, your referring to the speed of the water. Water in always equals water out. However, decreasing restriction (which two outlets does) will actually increase the overall flow because the pump works better against less restriction. You are correct that the resulting Y-fitting will result in added restriction. The question is whether it is more than what you save in the waterblock. All in all it is probably a wash and in terms of simple cooling it doesn't matter, all you lose is a slightly more cluttered setup.

By the way, where are the Koolance/Innovatek/Alphacool/AquaComputer waterblocks?

Once again, flow is a constant (it's a volume thing), it doesn't change no matter how many times you split it, your referring to the speed of the water. Water in always equals water out. However, decreasing restriction (which two outlets does) will actually increase the overall flow because the pump works better against less restriction. You are correct that the resulting Y-fitting will result in added restriction. The question is whether it is more than what you save in the waterblock. All in all it is probably a wash and in terms of simple cooling it doesn't matter, all you lose is a slightly more cluttered setup.

By the way, where are the Koolance/Innovatek/Alphacool/AquaComputer waterblocks?

I listed Koolance but I do not have a pic to post.
I would love to use a good manifold in my builds but my first attempt did not go so well.

I don't really consider Koolance quality parts and therefore not worth mentioning. The other brands I don't know much apart, only that Innovatek uses aluminum parts alot, aquacomputers make crappy bullseye reservoirs, and aquacomputer has the double impact which i will soon update.

I don't really consider Koolance quality parts and therefore not worth mentioning. The other brands I don't know much apart, only that Innovatek uses aluminum parts alot, aquacomputers make crappy bullseye reservoirs, and aquacomputer has the double impact which i will soon update.

Koolance makes great stuff . . .tell me which of their current lineup you personally have or have tried . . .

exo2 way back when. it was something that came with a lian li v2000 case. i believe i purchased it from frozencpu. back then i thought it was the coolest thing ever, until i bought a whitewater, dual heater core, and via 1300. totally destroyed the koolance in temps.

exo2 way back when. it was something that came with a lian li v2000 case. i believe i purchased it from frozencpu. back then i thought it was the coolest thing ever, until i bought a whitewater, dual heater core, and via 1300. totally destroyed the koolance in temps.

I had an Exos in my Alienware ALX back in 2004 as well and did not care for it . . .they have really changed many of their products . . .gone away from Aluminum, etc.

Ah ok...its just been a bad memory and havent really read up on koolance since. I will look into some of their blocks as well as post your pics. I trust your judgement more than my age old bias :D

So what is this then, a listing of all the waterblocks that you personally like?

I posted most of the blocks I have heard about and the ones I didn't like i naturally did not waste my time looking for. if someone provides me pictures and request that i update with it, i will when i have time. did i offend you in some way, since you seem kind of snappy and i don't recall ever being rude to you.

All argument aside...............whether it be DD,EK or Swiftech...........is there a real advantage in one CPU block versus the other.( of those three, all else equal)

I currently use a Swiftech Apogee GTX, it's fine.
I've had DD and they're fine as well.
Never had an EK, but they look slick.

Nice pictures. Didn't think there were so many blocks.

All argument aside...............whether it be DD,EK or Swiftech...........is there a real advantage in one CPU block versus the other.( of those three, all else equal)

I currently use a Swiftech Apogee GTX, it's fine.
I've had DD and they're fine as well.
Never had an EK, but they look slick.

Nice pictures. Didn't think there were so many blocks.

Probably not more than a 2c delta from one top tier block to another. Just choose what pleases you. They are all great quality.

I have 2 large chunks of copper with ridiculous hold downs from my first water cooling kit on an Abit BP6. I think the blocks were from Overclockers Hideout? (Circa 1999/2000). Will take pictures when I get home.

Probably not more than a 2c delta from one top tier block to another. Just choose what pleases you. They are all great quality.

10-4. Swiftech has always taken very good care of me.:D

BTW,Did you finish the giant red lady yet????

Added pictures for:

Surlyjoe Beehive
FstFrddy Stinger V4
FstFrddy Stinger V6 (internal)
FstFrddy Stinger V6 D/O
Aqua Computer Double Impact

Enjoy guys!

I posted most of the blocks I have heard about and the ones I didn't like i naturally did not waste my time looking for. if someone provides me pictures and request that i update with it, i will when i have time. did i offend you in some way, since you seem kind of snappy and i don't recall ever being rude to you.

Not snappy, I'm just trying to figure out where you are going with this exactly. What is the purpose of this meant to be? Are your recommending blocks to people, showing a history, or just listing random things. Say what you want about them (and no I don't necessarily like them either) but Koolance, Innovatek, and Aquacomputer are some of the older players in the watercooling field. If you are posting a history of all waterblocks they should certainly be included. Also, I don't think you should include every single iteration of design from FstFrddy, Little River etc.. it just serves to clutter up the design. Why show all of those and not the Maze, Maze 2, Maze 3, Maze 4?

It just seems like this is a hap-hazzard collection of pictures. I like the idea and appreciate the effort, but it just doesn't seem to have direction.

Back