SG01 vs Qmicra vs Lanbox [Or just my "I got my SG01" thread]

lowteckh

Supreme [H]ardness
Quality seems kinda "eh"; the metal is very flimsy, a lot of flex just poking at it and prone to damage - completely ridiculous and unacceptable.

Weight is a bit heavier than expected - from heaviest to lightest, Lanbox ->SG01 ->Qmicra. The Qmicra is lighter than both by a massive amount. If you ever went from an old steel bike to an Aluminum butted frame, that's the difference between them (provided the rest of the parts are up to par).

Pics for now - installation next week when the rest of the week-long Florida shipment arrives in the Northwest or if I'm feeling impatient.

No, the Qmicra isn't that see-through. Flash does that. I'm definitely gonna miss those Q handles - that stuff is essential!
SANY0594_44c41.Large.jpg
SANY0595_71a4a.Large.jpg
SANY0597_acd52.Large.jpg

SANY0598_e54d4.Large.jpg
SANY0600_bbeee.Large.jpg
SANY0601_8e42e.Large.jpg
SANY0602_802f1.Large.jpg
SANY0603_6f2da.Large.jpg
SANY0604_aa017.Large.jpg

Cool comparison, but I love my new SG01-F. Can't wait to get my system built at the end of the month. Keep in mind if you purchased the SG01-E, its made of aluminum, so of course its gonna be a bit more flimsy vs the steel SG01-F which is mine.

compare.jpg

Oh and to take the cover just take the screws out and pull it back. Unless you don't mean the top and side cover. Putting it back on is a little tricky 'cause not all the tabs like to go in right.

Got the top open, trying to disassemble and I guess you can't take the hard drive cage out without cutting/bending/breaking stuff? That's pretty lame.

Thats why I was so upset with the weight of my SG01 cause my Qv1 was so light. If you had purchased the SG01-B Id assume they'd be similar in weight but I really am not a fan of the SG01-F.

Got the top open, trying to disassemble and I guess you can't take the hard drive cage out without cutting/bending/breaking stuff? That's pretty lame.

Yeah and you're also going to have a hell of a time trying to replace that HDD cage fan if you do so.

In my opinion the SG01 looks the best but I really do miss my Qv1 :(

Lanbox wins the looks department for me, but PITA to work with leaves me moving on. Already removed the HD fan, the Swiss army screw driver on the can opener made it a breeze.

Would've liked the aluminum SG01 but the uncertainty of whether the HD cage could be moved to accommodate longer cards led me to the F. The weight is gonna suck when I need to carry it with one hand, if that's even possible w/o risk : \

I on the other hand will not be missing the Q when I put the SG together and someone nabs it :D Gawd, shipping from one edge of the country to the other is twice slower than mail coming from Shanghai or London. Empty new case sitting around is tearing at me :(

Lanbox wins the looks department for me, but PITA to work with leaves me moving on. Already removed the HD fan, the Swiss army screw driver on the can opener made it a breeze.

Would've liked the aluminum SG01 but the uncertainty of whether the HD cage could be moved to accommodate longer cards led me to the F. The weight is gonna suck when I need to carry it with one hand, if that's even possible w/o risk : \

I on the other hand will not be missing the Q when I put the SG together and someone nabs it :D Gawd, shipping from one edge of the country to the other is twice slower than mail coming from Shanghai or London. Empty new case sitting around is tearing at me :(

Selling the Qv2?

Back