Cheap MSI GTX 260

Yea thats a good price assuming you can use ebay's checkout system. Because if you can't use it, you don't get the 30% cashback. I believe the multiwavevideo store is MWave and it may redirect you to their website.

Well, if you can get an "Invoice" from a store on ebay you can get that rebate. The rebate is pretty strict about having to have an invoice number.

Well, it does give you live 30% cash back.

v6qd0x.jpg

cash back works with that store. I got cash back through a purchase there.

rebate said:
"Mwave customers are required to contact vendor for valid invoice."
Does anyone know exactly what this is? Do you need to call them for a special invoice or is it included in the package or printable online?

If you can get that rebate to work and you're one of the lucky people who got the 10% off ebay coupon codes in the mail, this would be down to $124 before shipping.

I nabbed one with just the cashback. Even if the rebate doesn't work, it's still a great deal.

Would this hold back the rebate???

6. Rebates are for products that are purchased at retail prices. Product listed in rebate promotion must be an item you purchased at retail value $$. Available only while supplies last. Rebate is not valid
with any other promotional and/or discounts. Cannot be included or combined in a system or complete unit. Rebates are not valid on the purchase of used or leased equipment.

Would this hold back the rebate???

6. Rebates are for products that are purchased at retail prices. Product listed in rebate promotion must be an item you purchased at retail value $$. Available only while supplies last. Rebate is not valid
with any other promotional and/or discounts. Cannot be included or combined in a system or complete unit. Rebates are not valid on the purchase of used or leased equipment.

Well... I'll let you know when I get all my stuff. It might work since it's a cashback deal, not a straight up discount.

I was going to post this deal myself. I took advantage of it earlier today. I received the 10% off coupon as well. I couldn't pass it up. I sent them a message to ask them about the rebate. I will post here when I get an answer.

Thanks OP. I just got one and after $40 rebate, it should come out to $120 including shipping. This is good especially right after such bad deal from TD. Little cheaper than TD deal too. Yeah It's not 216 but $120 shipped for GTX260??? I'm good now.:D

Thanks for the response, did that, not getting the 30% off MS Cashback (as in Earthbrain's post) before confirmation!

update: got the 30% off banner. I had the 10% coupon too; that's what did it! I had to clear my cookies. Down to 3 now :)

MWave has the eVGA version on their ebay store as well for around $20 more after cashback and coupon considerations. May be worth it for Step Up and Lifetime warranty - the MSI website seems to vaguely indicate a 3 year warranty on their graphics cards, but Newegg lists the warranty on the same card as only 1 year.

How does cashback work? Do you have to pay the the $260.00 up front and then fill out something and get the cashback later?

So if you get the cashback banner, then the cashback is gauranteed as long as you pay with paypal?

edit: I kinda get the cashback thing now. I hope the rebate works though.

correct 192.

I actually went to the link and was about to bite, then I found the EVGA 260 FTW for $211 after rebates and cashback. So I decided to go that route so i can just step up if something new comes out.

Is the Live cashback thing supposed to appear before or after the "Commit to buy" ???

It should be present for every single page, whether at the top of the screen or below your price.

If you don't see it as you search on top of the page, before you even hit buy-it-now, then it's not working.

Also, I just got my cashback on my live account. Now to wait 59 more days....

Argghh.... I did the www.live.com search for ps3 and clicked the Live cashback ebay link.
Then searched ebay for the MSI N260GTX-T2D896 and it's not showing up. Tried clearing the cookies. Even tried using IE.

on the Life search cashback search page it shows Pc Rush, compsource, buy.com, PC universe, dream hardware and unbeatable sale for the stores. It shows only up to 10.8% cashback

When you click the live cashback ebay link, make sure the cashback 30% banner (it's somewhat small) appears at the very top of the ebay page. It should be just to the right of the main ebay logo.

Sometimes it's finicky. My brother had some problems getting it to work. Basically he signed into his ebay account, his paypal account, and his live account, THEN went to live.com search, did the ps3 search, then clicked on the 30% cashback link, which took him to ebay, and it finally worked. He had to do all this in IE without adblocking. Pop-up blockers seem to be fine.

on the Life search cashback search page it shows Pc Rush, compsource, buy.com, PC universe, dream hardware and unbeatable sale for the stores. It shows only up to 10.8% cashback

Yeah if you go straight to the cashback search page, it won't work. You must get the link from the original live.com search page that will cross link you to ebay.

I can't say it's the easiest system to save money in the world, but it is a huge saving so... a little work is expected.

Also note that I think you can only use this system once every 24 hours or something, however I think it works for multiple purchases in a certain time frame within that day. I'm not sure. If you only plan to buy one big thing (like a video card) then this won't matter to you.

Also note that you can only save up to $200 on a single purchase, so if you buy a $1000 system, you're still going to get "only" $200 back.

Image hosting

So I click on the link in the pic, then search ebay for the MSI N260GTX-T2D896 and it's supposed to show up?

I've never used live cashback before. I am signed in to my live.com account. The cashback banner still isn't showing up.

I appreciate you trying to help me get in on this.

J So I click on the link in the pic said:
Yes.. click on the link that says "PS3 Items" then just search on ebay for MSI or 260 something that will give you the list of cards... then click only show Buy it now items, if this isnt already done. when you view the item it should show the 30% icon at the top of the page.

This is punishment for me buying too many things lately. I am cursed. Tried the Chrome browser, Firefox and IE. Cleared cookies. Time to bust out the Vista laptop.

Yeah, I think you have to channel your inner Microsoft whore.

I did it with Vista Premium, IE, using my Live account that's also tied to my Xbox Live! Gold account, then kneeled before a picture of Bill Gates and prayed.

Just remember to disable all the add/pop-up blockers. It may help.

But you're doing the same steps that I did with the actual link clicking. I tried to recreate it just now and it's not working for me either. :( (However it's working for my brother who is just downstairs from me.)

I do however find it deliciously ironic that most people are using this deal to score a cheap PS3. It's like MS is paying you to go buy from their competitor.

So will the cashback only show up on my cashback profile after the funds clear from paypal?

A little after that actually. Basically for me it went down like this:

1) I did the buy-it-now.

2) I recieved confirmation that I won the auction.

3) I paid for it through paypal (make sure you do this within an hour). Funds cleared.

4) A few minutes later, got a message in my ebay mailbox stating that I got cashback. Followed the link to my live cashback account: nothing pending (this is normal).

5) Woke up this morning and checked: $75 pending! Wait time: 59 days....

After 59 days it'll go from pending to recieved, at which point you can transfer it to your Paypal account, then transfer that to your bank account, or whatever (I think there's a more direct way but that's the standard procedure). Generally it takes 12-48 hours for the cashback to even show up as pending on your account. The retailer actually has to do some confirmation crap or something. Mwave seems particularly fast at this, however it is the weekend now so your mileage may vary. If it takes longer than that then start throwing out some e-mail to mwave.

Back