Far Cry 2 benchmarks

003farcry2benchmarktestoo9.png

004farcry2benchmarktestcg2.png

006farcry2benchmarktestrs0.png

007farcry2benchmarktestdv7.png

008farcry2benchmarktestoh3.png

Looks alright, hopefully future drivers will optimize the performance. I don't understand, why they didn't benchmark the 280 GTX? That would have been interesting.

in the ATI Video card section, I posted about a new cat 8.10 hotfix for Farcry2 that adds DX10.1 support

So take these benches with a grain of salt IMO

If the hotfix adds DX10.1 than Ati cards will get free AA in the title.. YIKES!

I wouldnt say FREE AA, but Im sure it will get a decent performance boost just like assassins creed did before they pulled DX10.1 support.

Only 5 more days to find out :)

"...this driver will enable the HD 4870 X2 to beat Nvidia's GTX 280." - www.pcgameshardware.com.. I guess thats why PCGH left out the 280 in the high-end gpu benchmarks? When ATI's 10.1 hotfix is released, cant wait to see 4870x2 vs 280gtx.. Eventhough no benchmarks by PCGH's own admission and convienantly leaving out.. the 280 will perform well. Oh FYI, if Elmo says theres going to be free AA; then there is going to be free AA..Elmo wassup ;)

Looks like my GTX 260 purchase will be worth it :)

Any extra eye candy will tax the system, no matter how well the drivers are coded.

Atleast with farcry2 on steam, you don't have to worry about drm. I got some new card I can't wait to push on the puppy.

I'm starting to not trust PCGH benchmarks. The Crysis Warhead ones looked a bit skewed and so do these.

Why no 1920x1200 benchies??? I think most of us are at that level.

That's what I'm wanting to see..

Looks like it will run better than Warhead at least.

I wonder if it will be worth it to rent this game for 5 (re)install cycles (about 8-12 months)? I miss the old days when you could actually buy a license to use your games indefinitely...That made the decision of whether to spend $60 on a game or not much easier.

I'm pleased as punch to see the 1280x1024 3870 results since that's literally where I'm at :D

how is the 3870 and the 4850 so close in performance.Makes me wanna cry since I got a new 4850 coming in on monday

Hope I'll be okay with a 2900XT. 1680x1050 LCD.

EDIT: I'm not sure if I should install the 8.10 hotfix for FarCry 2. My card isn't DX10.1

Atleast with farcry2 on steam, you don't have to worry about drm. I got some new card I can't wait to push on the puppy.
perhaps you didnt get the memo but all these games on Steam like Warhead, Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 all have the same DRM as retail.

perhaps you didnt get the memo but all these games on Steam like Warhead, Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 all have the same DRM as retail.

All 3 of those will be cracked to hell back (2 already are) so it looks like the DRM is still a failure.

Pirates ftl

Looks like this game scales pretty well with both 2x CF and SLI. 3x SLI GTX 280 or 4870X2 CF might be able to eat this thing alive.

If that's the real DX10 performance, then I am impressed... even if ATI isn't doing so hot.

Hopefully those new drivers put it to where I expect it.

If you go to the hot hardware site they have benches for 1920X1080 and maybe 1200 if I recall.

I don't remember if they benched the 280 at the higher resolution but I don't think they did.

All 3 of those will be cracked to hell back (2 already are) so it looks like the DRM is still a failure.

Pirates ftl
yeah I was just saying that because I get tired of people thinking that Steam versions dont have the same DRM as retail.

yeah I was just saying that because I get tired of people thinking that Steam versions dont have the same DRM as retail.

Yea I think its overblown personally, I mean if a game is really that good, I will pay for it and deal with the DRM crap. It's not like you can't google how to get rid of it anyway.

Fary Cry 2 is lookin to be a great game, Can't wait to play it.

I pre-ordered this on STEAM when I first saw it. The previews I've read so far look very promising. Seeing some of those performance figures ALMOST makes me wish I had not upgraded my 19" to a 24" just yesterday.

New drivers on both ends for this..... This game is gonna be the new "benchmark" for now, that's for sure.

Back