FarCry 2 bundles

03gixxer1k

n00b
Long time first time.

The information coming from retail is that FarCry 2 can be bundled with all NVIDIA 260 and 280 video cards without any charges to the card makers. If you are planning on buying a GTX 260 or 280, I would wait just a little bit.

They do say its the way its meant to be played. No worries though for the AMD/ATI camp

Far Cry 2 is at the top of the list of the games I want to get, along with a GTX280 for Workstation 2.

If this rumor does turn-out to be true then I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone, per se.

Why would the publishing house give away the game for free? Someone -Nvidia - has to be subsidizing this, if it's true.

It would be awesome if this turns out to be true. Far Cry 2 is probably going to make me upgrade my vid card as it is so I might as well buy the card and the game as one package. :D

Why would the publishing house give away the game for free? Someone -Nvidia - has to be subsidizing this, if it's true.

That TWIMTBP logo ain't getting on there for funsies....

Any chance at all that this bundle will end up applying to cards got through EVGA's step-up program?

Any chance at all that this bundle will end up applying to cards got through EVGA's step-up program?

Not likely. I've never seen a step-up card come with a game. But that could change ... and I haven't been watching every single card that EVGA offers via stepup since they started, so...

Same here. And the game I had in mind when I bought it was FC2 :mad:

Relax guys its not like you just wasted money on the 260's. Don't judge the 4870 vs the 260 solely off the [H] preview where there was a 2fps difference at 2560x1600. The 260 is a still a fine card and will serve you well

Relax guys its not like you just wasted money on the 260's. Don't judge the 4870 vs the 260 solely off the [H] preview where there was a 2fps difference at 2560x1600. The 260 is a still a fine card and will serve you well
Who said anything about the 4870? I'm pissed off because I bought a 260 to pay FC2 and would have gotten the game for free if I'd waited a week or two.

Who said anything about the 4870? I'm pissed off because I bought a 260 to pay FC2 and would have gotten the game for free if I'd waited a week or two.

Exactly - I was lucky as it was to get the purchase order for my new rig from the wife, let alone adding all the games coming out over the next few weeks. A $50 savings could've gone towards Fallout 3 or something. :)

So no source link on this rumor?

Or does the thread starter just have personal connections with Nvidia??

Looks like OP was spot-on. I went to the EVGA website (http://www.evga.com/farcry2) and it only applies to cards purchased on or after 23 October. :mad: Unfortunately, if I returned my card to Newegg to repurchase it for the free Far Cry 2 promo, I'd get hit with a 15% restocking fee which would pretty much be the same as buying it outright. I guess I'll just have to suck it up and tack that on the price of my new build. :(

Nice tip, just get it in the bundle.
tracker.gif
tracker2.gif
tracker3.gif
tracker4.gif
tracker5.gif
tracker6.gif
tracker7.gif
tracker8.gif
tracker9.gif
tracker10.gif

Thanks for the info OP, I want both a 260 or 280 and FC2 and now will wait until they are out.
GG

Does anyone know how long this offer is lasting? I was planning on buying my new build about a week or 2 before thanksgiving and I'm hoping this offer is still available.

Already bought. Oh well, at least I got COD4 bundled with my card.

I like the way the ad from XFX says it's an "exclusive", and then BFG and EVGA both have the same offer. They are even all three on the front page of [H] right now.

I like the way the ad from XFX says it's an "exclusive", and then BFG and EVGA both have the same offer. They are even all three on the front page of [H] right now.

I just wanted to step in and clear this up. Several board partners will have FarCry 2 bundled with their GTX series cards as will we. We have the exclusive to bundle FarCry2 with our 9 series cards.

Is it just me or does this seem like a desperate move from nVidia?

It doesnt sound desperate, they (nvidia) know that people love free things. And if your planning on buying the game anyways, its feels good saving $50. I just wish ATI would do offers too, cause I need another 4870.

funny how times change.... i got farcry 1 with my A64 when they released the whole "64bit" patch for the game...

hows this game run on an 8800gt?

Back