Far Cry 2 - Steam region locking... Any help?

GenBanks

Gawd
I'm American but I'm at university in the UK... I would really like to buy Far Cry 2 on Steam instead of retail but it isn't available to purchase in Europe. Are there any North America residents who could help me out by buying the game and gifting it to me in exchange for paypal reimbursement?

Or are there any other ways to suggest getting it? Because otherwise I have to wait until Christmas and buy it when I'm back home in the US... :eek:

I don't want to do anything illegal, but I don't think it is since I have lots of US games in my account and I've been playing them in England with no problems. Perhaps this should be in the buy/sell section, I don't know. Anyway, would appreciate it if anyone could help out :cool:

Some have exchanged games as gifts to friends to get around the price. Is the lock a time based meaning released later there then in the USA?

Nope... Ubisoft games aren't available on Steam in Europe yet and there has been no announcement of any plans to make them available.

Wouldn't be the first... The Witcher EE was available but then was suddenly removed and it's not available anymore to European users. That blows.

Back