Recommend Your Favorite Gaming Mouse!

edifyingkarma

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello All,

I am in the market for a new gaming mouse as my current mouse is extremely limited in its capabilities and not very comfortable.

Im looking for a mouse that has a few more capabilites (additional buttons). But most importantly, I am looking for a very comfortable mouse.

Ive looked at the Razer Copperhead and Logitech G5 but thought it would be better to gather a the preference of the [H]ardforum users.

+1 for Rev. 2 of the G5; I'm using it now and it feels great. Make sure to get a good mousepad for it though, so it won't wear down the mouse feet.

Some friends of mines got the G7 (basically the G5 except wireless) and they haven't been getting any issues with it dying out on them.

But really, it's all about personal reference; I don't like the feel of Razer mice, and I prefer the Logitech mice. Your best bet is to get out there and try a lot of them.

Good Luck!

Been using a G7 for two years now, feels great. Kind of getting an itch to try something new though. :p

I had the MX Revolution and currently on the Razer Lachesis. Both solid, super quick mouse.

Logitech MX 518. Tried a G5...felt nice...but had an issue with the scroll wheel. Not sure if it was ever resolved in the second version.

The original MX1000. Since they are no longer made I use the newer G5 mouse on new builds.

Thanks for the replies thus far.

My location restrains me from actually trying the mice ahead of time as a live in a small citty of about 50 thousand peeps ( all of the old geezers with no use for a decent electronics and computer hardware shop).

The consensus thus far has been the G5, but I would accept any further advice.

If it helps, I prefer a mouse with relaxed feel to it. I have a large hand (right hand) so something that would meet my size would be appropriate. The G5 appears to be a little small. Whether that is reality I have no clue

I don't think the G5 would be too small to be honest. I use it (along with a func 1030 archetype pad) and love it, personally. It's got a good feel to it, and has some nice features. You can also get it on sale right now for $33.

I don't think the G5 would be too small to be honest. I use it (along with a func 1030 archetype pad) and love it, personally. It's got a good feel to it, and has some nice features. You can also get it on sale right now for $33.

Ho shit, thats a good price. I went ahead and ordered one as you folks seem to regard it very highly. Cant wait till it gets here.

Thanks again ALL

Logitech G9, I love the scroll wheel and the customizable grips are cool. I also use the G7 which is good since it is wireless but the battery capacity has been decreasing daily. I use to go a few days with one battery but know i am lucky if i can go a day.

Oh yea I forgot to mention that I don't like the scroll wheel too much on the G5/G7, but hey, for $33 you can't go wrong.

Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0

I used to use the Logitech MX5xx series but once I tried the Intellimouse, I couldn't go back. For me, the intellimouse has the perfect shape and it is a really comfortable mouse to use!

MX518 hands down. Tried the G5/7, didn't like them. Revolution scroll wheel is wickedly retarded.

Overall comfort and thumb button position I like the MX518.

I used the MX518 for a long time and loved it. Currently using the G9 and I like it even better but the price difference is a real stinker. If you have the money, go G9. If not, go MX518 or the rev2 G5.

I'd say...

MS Intellimouse Explorer 2.0a: old-school, loved the way it felt and grabbed my hands when I played FPS games
Logitech G5: before I retired it, it was the the mouse to use since 1) the concept of customized weights was innovative and 2) some people felt the MX518 felt too slippery
Razer Deathadder: currently using and it is top ranked in MouseScore 2007 Roundup

I have a Rev 1 G5, a Copperhead and a Diamondback 3G. I like the feel on the Razers but the thumb button placement is a bit awkward. The G5 is a little big for my taste and the middle mouse clicking sucks. I think a G9 would be good since it's smaller, but the thumb buttons on the DeathAdder feel great. Hmmm...

Back