List of X58 motherboards and reviews

ilkhan

[H]F Junkie
Ive been watching and these are the boards Ive seen mentioned around. Give me info on any Ive missed and Ill add it in. If Im not sure of something Ill try to indicate that in the board's section.

Pictures of most of the X58 boards, VRZone forum post (linked several times below)

Intel
DX58SO "Smackover" Tech Report vs Asus P6T-dlx | Guru3Ds take | ˜$300-350

Asus
P6T-Deluxe OC Palm ed Tech Report vs Smackover | [H] video | Bit tech early look | Custom PC | Overclockers.net pictures | CustomPC review | OC3D Preview | Guru3D review | [H] OCing on P6T | [H] review | Tweaktown's take | CPU3D | ˜$320
Rampage II Extreme OC3D.net preview | Driverhaven's first look |
T6T-VC1 (mentioned, no details)
P6T6 WS Revolution (6 full length x16) workstation board?
P6T6 WS Pro workstation board?

EVGA still not sure if theres 1 board or 2, but heres some info on [it/them] | OCing a sample |
X58 SLI ˜$300 anandtech |
X58 SLI FTW ˜$400 (seperate board? adds nF200?)

Gigabyte
GA-EX58-Extreme Tweak Town | Bit Tech final boards | Gigabyte Info site | youtube look
GA-X58-UD5P | Bit Tech final boards | guru3d |
GA-X58-UD5 | Bit Tech final boards |
GA-X58-DS4 From pic thread |

Abit
IX58-Max

AsRock
X58 Super Computer CPU3D pictures |

BioStar
TPower X58 From pic thread |

DFI
LanParty X58-T3 From pic thread |
LanParty X58-T3eH8 VR-Zone | (same as above? |
Lanparty JR X58-T3H - mATX

ECS
X58B-A Black Series From pic thread | Guru3D | $250

Foxconn
Renaissance X58 Tech powerup spy shots | From pic thread | hexus |
Bloodrage From pic thread | hexus |

MSI
X58 Platinum From pic thread |
Eclipse SLI [H] Video sneak peak | Tweaktown look | softpedia | Fudzilla |
Eclipse+ softpedia | Fudzilla |

Shuttle
??? From pic thread |

SuperMicro
Super X8SAX From pic thread |

SUPoX
AP58 GTR From pic thread |

You missed the EVGA board. ;)

Also, there are pictures of the DFI X58 all over the net. The BioStar as well.

Russian, you know more about this than anyone i would guess, but will the hardware enabled SLI board from evga be worth waiting for instead of getting the software enabled SLI board?

evga board I know of added, along with the bloodrage (which Id forgotten).\
Send me some links and Ill throw them into the post.

evga board I know of added, along with the bloodrage (which Id forgotten).\
Send me some links and Ill throw them into the post.

Photos of upcoming boards: http://forums.vr-zone.com/showthread.php?t=342107

a couple of interesting ones to add to the list:
  • DFI LP JR X58-T3H - mATX
  • ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution - 6 full length PCIe slots

The EVGA board with hardware SLI is allegedly coming in December (reported by Fudzilla & others so maybe take that with a grain of salt)

Review of the Intel DX58SO board: http://www.guru3d.com/article/intel-x58-extreme-dx58so-motherboard-review/

Russian, you know more about this than anyone i would guess, but will the hardware enabled SLI board from evga be worth waiting for instead of getting the software enabled SLI board?

Unfortunately, that information is under NDA since there are things i cannot discuss. :(

Also... here is some info about the EVGA board.

Picture of EVGA E-LEET Tuning Utility with BenchMarks
http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/e-leet-tune-first-look-on-evga-x58-sli-ftw/6167.html
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/4720/evgax58ry1.png

Pictures and Specs of Actual board
http://www.guru3d.com/news/evga-x58-mainboard-pixelated/

Omg, these upgrades are pileing up so fast...it makes me and my 945G motherboard look like a habitant from the stone ages!

ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution seems to be the only board to support Tri-SLi with the nf200 chip on the mobo... nice! might be the killer board to have for those interested in Tri-SLi

EDIT: Tri-SLi at 16x 16x 16x lanes

nice list so far, I am going to decide if I am going to upgrade within the next month or so.

I'm paying the most attention to the ASUS P6T-Deluxe, Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5P and EVGA X58 motherboards myself. I'm fairly positive that I'll end up purchasing one of them. Just waiting for the reviews to find out.

Agreed, though if nothing else the fact that reviewers have the board make the P6T look the most attractive. Anybody seen evidence that there will be a P6T deluxe release *without* the stupid external display? Maybe save a few bucks...

I like the Gigabyte motherboards, I'm a Gigabyte fan here. Nice to see they ditched the pink and green memory slots, made the motherboard look way too colourful and you could say, a "Fisher Price" product.

I like the Gigabyte motherboards, I'm a Gigabyte fan here. Nice to see they ditched the pink and green memory slots, made the motherboard look way too colourful and you could say, a "Fisher Price" product.

I still like the Gigabyte Blue color!:D

Agreed, though if nothing else the fact that reviewers have the board make the P6T look the most attractive. Anybody seen evidence that there will be a P6T deluxe release *without* the stupid external display? Maybe save a few bucks...

In the UK (I won't say which shop because of their reputation) there are 2 version of the P6T listed:
$510 - P6T Deluxe OC Palm
$450 - P6T Deluxe

also for the list in post 1, there is a SUPoX AP58+ GTR board (it's in the already linked VR-zone forum thread)

ASrock get a few mentions if you google "Asrock X58". They are rumored to have a board ready for the 17th Nov, but there is no official confimation reported.

Digging the MSI Eclipse board! The biostar board doesn't look half bad either ;)

Holy Sheeeeeeeeeet. But will it run stable for 24 hours? Plus what temp is it running at?

My goal with 920 is 3.8 stable inside a case.

You guys missed the one where they ran the 965 at 5.23 GHZ :p

(we need a diff thread if were gonna discuss this board).

You guys missed the one where they ran the 965 at 5.23 GHZ :p
no, this is a board thread, not a CPU thread. The bus speed is only 180Mhz, *and* thats on LN2, so it really doesnt tell us anything relevant to this thread. Even the intel board is fully capable of 180Mhz.

no, this is a board thread, not a CPU thread. The bus speed is only 180Mhz, *and* thats on LN2, so it really doesnt tell us anything relevant to this thread. Even the intel board is fully capable of 180Mhz.

I agree its kinda cheating. :p

There should be another thread. I agree.

wtf.....did the new I7 processors already been released ? and x58 mobos? wtf....I betcha one of those processors and motherboards will set you 1500$ ++++

i7 920 = 330 @ tankguys
P6T = 320 @ tankguys
Hardly $1500.

And no, not released until the 17th, but the NDA expired last week.

So russian...when can you tell us about the hardware enabled evga board and if we should or should not bother waiting for it instead of the first x58 board :)

Some of the x58 boards have started to appear in retail shops, I've seen some of them online.

http://www.shopbot.com.au/pp-gigabyte-ga-ex58-extreme-price-147127.html

These are Australian prices, and man those prices are insane. The Australian economy is kinda weak right now so prices these days are skyrocketing high.

yep exactly right John.....I'm waiting for a replacement for my blown 9800gt as soon as the economy goes well again...But right now I so wanna get 2 Asus EN9600GT Matrix...those are like the best of the breed out of the 9600gt series!:p

Back