Fallout Collection $12.90

You can get both Fallout 1 and 2 from www.gog.com for $5.99 each. They are digital downloads DRM free and optimized to work in XP/Vista and you can also get the manuals and a host of other extras. I've downloaded both from this site and they work fine. I love gogamer, but this little upstart is pretty cool for some of the classics.

Yeah, but who'd actually play Fallout Tactics, especially when they have 1, 2 & 3?

Yeah, but who'd actually play Fallout Tactics, especially when they have 1, 2 & 3?

Tactics was mildly amusing... Set your guys to aggressive with shotguns and crouch them behind a wall, then kit bad guys past that wall and watch the fun begin!

I'd love to buy this but I'm a cheap skunk and I already own all three of them... just can't find em :(

Will these run on XP? Last time I tried installing/running the Fall Out games in XP (from the OEM disk, not sure which release) I had some technical difficulties.

comments?

Will these run on XP? Last time I tried installing/running the Fall Out games in XP (from the OEM disk, not sure which release) I had some technical difficulties.

comments?

I guess the download works better - but I tried the same not to long ago and fallout 2 was a PITA to get working.

The download link above might work.

GOG also has Fallout Tactics as well. Looks like they have some good stuff coming up around the corner as well. Fallout 1 and 2 were great, Tactics, not so much.

I hit this deal and got a confirmation notice, but a couple days later I randomly got a cancellation. No explanation, just cancelled. So much for gogamer.

You're missing out man. Compared to 1 and 2, 3 is complete shite.

And 10 years from now someone will be saying that compared to 1,2 and 3 number 4 is crap....its always the same story.
BTW, I am old timer when it comes to games...still have and love my C64 so I understand nostalgia. ;)

I know these are classic and everything but I just cant get myself to play them. Interface and graphics are so dated... guess I missed the window of opportunity. Funny thing is I do fire up XCOM from time to time which is even older.

EDIT: Someone out there should make mods for FO3 based on the 1 and 2 story. I would play that.

For the price it's a nice looking deal.
ecstatic.gif

And 10 years from now someone will be saying that compared to 1,2 and 3 number 4 is crap....its always the same story.
BTW, I am old timer when it comes to games...still have and love my C64 so I understand nostalgia. ;)

Did you read the dialogue in the new one? Have you heard the music? Looked at the interface? It's not Fallout, it's a game, much like Fallout, designed for people who like cookie cutter games. Real Fallout would be turn based. There are no tactics to the new one and the interface is obnoxious. I duno, maybe it's good on console, but I can't stand the PC version.

Back