is this BFG Tech GS-550 unit okay

I have everything together for my build except the psu. I was wondering if this BGF unit was a quality power supply. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817702010 It seems a little cheap so I thought I would ask.

The GS's are the lowest end. If you like the BFG's I would look at the LS's: http://www.buy.com/prod/bfg-tech-55...-eps12v-power-supply/q/loc/101/207955009.html

There was a $25MIR on that unit as well. Not sure but I may be able to find that pdf if you are interested.

Here is the $25 MIR form

says:

Purchase the following BFG LS-550 WATT POWER SUPPLY between 11/01/08 and 11/30/08 from Buy.com*. Please check
box for product(s) purchased.
BFG PRODUCT DESCRIPTION BFG UPC NUMBER PART NUMBER
□ BFG LS-550 WATT POWER SUPPLY 876758001992 207955009

Here is the $25 MIR form

says:

Purchase the following BFG LS-550 WATT POWER SUPPLY between 11/01/08 and 11/30/08 from Buy.com*. Please check
box for product(s) purchased.
BFG PRODUCT DESCRIPTION BFG UPC NUMBER PART NUMBER
□ BFG LS-550 WATT POWER SUPPLY 876758001992 207955009
yeah thanks but Paul beat you to it via private message.:p

so has anybody on here ever order a power supply from buy.com before?

OK, do not pretend for championship, just tried to be helpful.
I am picking up a PSU for myself, deciding to buy BFG LS or Earthwatts 430. Do not know which one will be better in terms quitness and efficiency.
I do not see any problems ordering from buy.com, did not have problems with them, though did not buy PSU from them.

OK, do not pretend for championship, just tried to be helpful.
I am picking up a PSU for myself, deciding to buy BFG LS or Earthwatts 430. Do not know which one will be better in terms quitness and efficiency.
I do not see any problems ordering from buy.com, did not have problems with them, though did not buy PSU from them.
Im just worried buy.com wont brown box the psu.

Actually I believe they were going to change from JunFu. If Jon pops in he can answer that better. I have not reviewed the TX650 or even held one so its hard to say how it is with authority but it looks like it would be almost a 40% price premium over the LS.

well forget buy.com. that free shipping is for 7-9 business days plus they take at least 1 or 2 days to process your order. hell newegg had everything already shipped out and hour after I placed my order today for everything but the power supply. the only thing I paid shipping on from newegg was a case fan. lol

Ill have to look over the Antec EA500 and EA650. the EA650 is 20 bucks more but it has free shipping so it looks like the better deal overall.

went with the Antec EA650 from newegg for 69 bucks shipped so my parts picking adventure is over. Im sure no one really cares though. :p

went with the Antec EA650 from newegg for 69 bucks shipped so my parts picking adventure is over. Im sure no one really cares though. :p

Yeah took ya long enough to go with that PSU after I've recommended a few times already to you.....:)

Yeah took ya long enough to go with that PSU after I've recommended a few times already to you.....:)
well you know I had to at least look around and check out prices. I do appreciate all your help though. now I need some good tips and advice for actually putting this thing together. wheres the best guide or perhaps video walkthough for putting a modern core 2 system together. hopefully its just pretty straightforward. I mean the days of moving jumpers on the drives and using floppies are over arnet they? the BIOS does look a little intimidating though. :eek:

wheres the best guide or perhaps video walkthough for putting a modern core 2 system together. hopefully its just pretty straightforward. I mean the days of moving jumpers on the drives and using floppies are over arnet they? the BIOS does look a little intimidating though. :eek:

Just check the FAQ link in my sig. There's a ton of links somewhere there to guides on how to build a PC.

Hey, Paul. When reading the review, the vry last page directs to [H] Consumer instead of staying at Enthusiast and goofs with the page layout/colors. I don't know if that matters to you, but I LIKE the [H] color scheme.

Yeah, I have seen that a couple of times with articles since we took [H]Consumer and [H]Console offline. I really don't know why those templates do that since the CM only lets me put stuff into [H]Enthusaist.

Yeah, I have seen that a couple of times with articles since we took [H]Consumer and [H]Console offline. I really don't know why those templates do that since the CM only lets me put stuff into [H]Enthusaist.
There's probably some sort of glitch in the CMS that's assigning the page to the wrong section of the site. The source for the page says that it's an [H] Consumer page, so it's not just an incorrect stylesheet being applied.

Back