second GPU stuck at 198/1188/396

pmrdij

Limp Gawd
installed 180.60 this weekend and after rebooting my machine yesterday morning my second GPU has been locked down to 198/1188/396 speeds... i've ripped the drivers (yes i have and use DriverSweeper 1.5.5) and tried the 180.48's as well as falling back to 178.24 without any luck. most everywhere i've gone this is considered a driver issue. am i left with formatting/reinstalling my OS?

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune

installed 180.60 this weekend and after rebooting my machine yesterday morning my second GPU has been locked down to 198/1188/396 speeds... i've ripped the drivers (yes i have and use DriverSweeper 1.5.5) and tried the 180.48's as well as falling back to 178.24 without any luck. most everywhere i've gone this is considered a driver issue. am i left with formatting/reinstalling my OS?

try uninstalling whatever programs you are using to monitor the video card. evga precision tool does this sometime and i have to reinstall it.

try uninstalling whatever programs you are using to monitor the video card. evga precision tool does this sometime and i have to reinstall it.

been there and done that. even went through the registry pulling every reference to RivaTuner 2.09-2.20.. i've also tried seeing if ATI Tool had any functionality with the 8800 series (hadn't touched that app in years) and ran into a brick wall there. also went out to mvktech and grabbed the bios for the second card and flashed it.. also did the driver install via Safe Mode. has not been a good computer day :p.

any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. should have also mentioned that GPU-Z reports 0MHz clocks along with nothing on the pixel fillrate, texture fillrate and bandwidth and that benches of the software kind (Futuremark) are showing FPS results that are half that compared to before this problem began as are game benches such as the built in for Doom 3 and Crysis..

- Robert (pMr)dEATHiNjUNE

. should have also mentioned that GPU-Z reports 0MHz clocks along with nothing on the pixel fillrate, texture fillrate and bandwidth

Any time I have seen this it has always been a driver issue....but it sounds like you covered that.....sorry for the lack of help.:p

Any time I have seen this it has always been a driver issue....but it sounds like you covered that.....sorry for the lack of help.:p

suspected as much. bloody hell... good thing i screamed nVIDIA's name with a wealth of obscenities this morning before coming to work..

try using system restore.

LOL, the one feature that i have permanently disabled since its inception.. no luck there. oh well tried another shot at things when i got home tonight. have no managed to remove Aero from even being an option to me so am currently gearing up for a wipe/reinstall. thanks for chiming in and the same to everyone else.

wow bad move sys restore is awesome.

well since i tend to last six plus months these days without having a need to reinstall my OS on anyone one system i own and those i've built for my family members/friends i look at times like this as good for the sake of cleanup. my world is stored on multiple RAID1 NAS's so a reinstall is more of a time inconvenience. in this case the timing kind of sucked but my now life partner in marriage as of a week and a half ago rocks and she was OK with my spending the last two nights wiping/reinstalling everything.

her vows actually included that she promised to understand my need to build a new computer annually :p.

Back