SilverStone DA1000 vs. OP1000-E PSU Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SilverStone DA1000 vs. OP1000-E PSU Reviews - Silverstone is certainly no slouch when it comes to high end power supplies. HardOCP has been using its PSUs for quite a while with great success. Let's see what two of its best 1000 watt units has to offer.

Silverstone has again produced what are easily two good power supplies in the OP1000-E and the DA1000 modular unit. Both units have passed our brutal testing suite as we are used to Silverstone’s products doing as usual. Anyone could be proud to sport either of these Silverstone PSUs in their enthusiast system builds.

However...

HardOCP_PASS_250-Forum.jpg

damn i like the silverstones tho :p

But anyways, since its a slow time ahead, can you guys make an article about singlerail psu's, maybe some head to head benchmarks vs multirail and such..

and well, i can say my experience, had an ocz psu, 850 watts, tried CFX(3870x2CF) and phenom 3.1 ghz 2 mem modules 2.25 V 1066 1 hdd.
it failed badly, didnt burn up tho =)

got 1 PPC and ran even more.

the thing was just too much load on some rails, and too little on others, tried my best, but wasnt able to make it work.

I love my PPC, performs great, but the 80 MM fan do make some noise /w 4 vga's.

the PP&C 750 is a great value, but can someone compete with that unit with performance/price. and not thinking about noise at all ( ive tried to find psu's in 750 W which is better and same price.

There are also some psu's that are branded 3 rail while being 1 rail, people seem to like multirail cause they think more = better.

But, seems like some exceptional psu's, wanted one, but was too expensive and nowhere to be found in norway =(

damn i like the silverstones tho :p

But anyways, since its a slow time ahead,

Slow for who?

can you guys make an article about singlerail psu's, maybe some head to head benchmarks vs multirail and such..

There are no differences in benchmarks as long as you don't overdraw the unit and trip the OCP so the unit shuts down.

There are also some psu's that are branded 3 rail while being 1 rail, people seem to like multirail cause they think more = better.

No. The number has nothing to do with the Corsair/Seasonic units you are talking about.

Interesting outcome. I really did expect more in the way of aesthetics and voltage regulation especially from SilverStone.

It’s not like you guys condemned it, but these days I look for more than the green pass checkmark.

On the plus side, another proper review. The hard part is keeping up with who makes what for whom and at what level.

Wow everyone editor and moderator puts such hard work and quality into what they do, i commend all of you guys on that if you haven't gotten a high five and a round of applause yet.:D

I dig my OP750. The sleeving is incomplete as stated in the article, but I took care of that before I installed it.

I dig my OP750. The sleeving is incomplete as stated in the article, but I took care of that before I installed it.

Naked wires make a PSU "professional" :D
Back to the topic, SST disappoints me this time. "Native branded" Impervio units even worse than a "re-branded" one? No way!

I noticed Silverstone review articles are separated under two categories, one is called 'Silverstone Tech' and the other is 'Silverstone Technology Co.'
They should be merged into a single Silverstone Tech category.

Back