How do I get my WUSB54G v1 to work with 64 bit Vista?

HedgeHodge

Weaksauce
I'm currently trying to get my Linksys WUSB54G v1 to cooperate with my 64 bit Vista machine. I've scoured the internet looking for hacked drivers and things of that nature, but so far nothing has worked.

Does anyone know how I could get this thing to work, and if I can't, can anyone recommend a wireless adapter that could work with 64 bit Vista and a Linksys WRT54G v6 router?

If Vista does not have built in drivers for it and Linksys doesn't have drivers you can download, the wireless card is basically useless on a Vista machine.

However, you mentioned you have a version 1.0 and there are no Vista drivers for that version. You can try downloading the Vista drivers for another version of the adapter and see if they work for you. There is no guarantee it will work as the internal chips might be different but it won't hurt anything to try.

you may also try finding drivers from the wireless chip manufacturer.

I've seen that work before.

so if it's running with a Broadcom wireless chip, try getting the drivers from Broadcom.

edit: the wireless chip is by RALink. Here's a work-around. I believe I posted this around here before too.
http://tredosoft.com/node/26

if you look through the comments, the 4th or 5th one down explains how to get that adapter working in Vista x64

edit: the wireless chip is by RALink. Here's a work-around. I believe I posted this around here before too.
http://tredosoft.com/node/26

if you look through the comments, the 4th or 5th one down explains how to get that adapter working in Vista x64

I've tried that post's work-around, but it didn't work. I guess because that guy has a different model than I do.

Alright, I figured it would've been obvious that I would have exhausted google before posting for help on a forum.

That site was invented because that's not usually the case. Bravo to you then. Although in my experience, If I can't find the answer on Google, I'm probably not going to find it at all.

I guess so.

Can anyone recommend something along the lines of the WUSB54G that I could get that is Vista compliant?

Back