Xbox 360 - Jasper this time it's for real!

-PK-

[H]ard|Gawd
The 65nm gpu's are finally here!

For some reason Jasper has 8 memory chips instead of the falcon consoles that were recently reduced to 4. My speculation on this is that the lower heat of the Jasper console should have less memory related failures, and so they are using up their current inventory on the Jasper consoles. I would expect to see them reduced back down to 4 chips in the future.

Arcade:
Team: FDOU
Lot: 0843X

Internal 256MB memory chip to support the new NXE dashboard and arcade games, no physical memory card is included in this bundle.
PSU Rating 150W with new power plug (will not fit older consoles).​

Premium:
unknown

source (with pics): http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668104

The built in memory on this is pretty cool. Not a bad idea given the release of the NXE.

I really want one of these. I have a first gen 360 and it works great but it's so damn loud it drives me up the wall. Going to have to look around for some Jasper Elites.

I've been wanting another XB360 to use as a streaming server for my bedroom. A new Arcade would be perfect.

I was at bestbuy for black friday today. They had piles of Arcades, and they had one 0836 but that had an MFR date of 9/29/2008.

To bad they did not have that the 0834x.

EDIT: Oh I thought it was 0834. The bestbuy in Cary,NC has decently new ones but no jaspers

The Bestbuy in Yonkers (Where I live), have really old arcades some from mid 07. (Great if you want to hack the drives)

I really want one of these. I have a first gen 360 and it works great but it's so damn loud it drives me up the wall. Going to have to look around for some Jasper Elites.

What is it about the Japser's that would make it quieter?

What is it about the Japser's that would make it quieter?

Smaller GPU = less heat generated = less fan noise generated = less noise. My current 360 sounds like a 747 during takeoff. The new one is supposedly much quieter.

But isn't that more a result of the shitty DVD drives though??

No, not really, my Halo edition box, even without the dvd drive spinning is very audible if you don't have the sound turned up enough to overcome it. I don't hear it in my entertainment center, due to the HT setup but if it's on my computer shelf I hear it readily since I don't turn the sound up too loud at night while playing.

ok seriously. someone should drop Microsoft a memo and let them know that RROD is caused by Xclamps.

No, RROD is caused by a faulty soldering process which means that repeated heating/cooling cycles can cause the connections on the GPU to become brittle and fail. XClamp makes it worse due to the way pressure is applied to the GPU, but it's not the cause. As long as the process issues have been resolved, then it shouldn't be a problem.

And considering how few new 360s RROD these days, I'd say they've got it pretty much taken care of. Hopefully the lower heat output from the 65nm chips will help even more.

Back