GTA IV PC Benchmarks

mr_zen256

2[H]4U
The day is finally upon us! GTA IV PC is out! How does your PC hold up? Show us your benchmarks!

I'll post mine as soon as I get home from work :p

Rig in sig..

Statistics
Average FPS: 47.12
Duration: 36.99 sec
CPU Usage: 74%
System memory usage: 74%
Video memory usage: 98%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Very High
View Distance: 32
Detail Distance: 70

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
Video Driver version: 180.48
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

Those are all the settings? :(
yes

the draw distance is what is the killer here. maxed out draw distance will take 1.5gb gpu to run well :O

GTAIV2008-12-0218-28-39-84.jpg

I didnt see the setting for highest before so here we go again..:p

Statistics
Average FPS: 47.62
Duration: 37.17 sec
CPU Usage: 78%
System memory usage: 60%
Video memory usage: 97%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1920 x 1080 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 33
Detail Distance: 80

Hardware
Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280
Video Driver version: 180.48
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB X-Fi)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz

I pumped up a few settings that really dont seem to have made a difference.Also,my GTX280 temps arent as high as other demanding games which makes me think something is amiss.

I pumped up a few settings that really dont seem to have made a difference.Also,my GTX280 temps arent as high as other demanding games which makes me think something is amiss.

Does the draw distance have a huge impact? Visually and performance wise?

Wow, video memory usage 97% lol

I hear some users are saying the beta nVidia drivers 180.60 give a noticeable improvement but the 180.70 don't.

I was just staring at my GTA IV box and its nice to see it supports 64bit too!

Statistics
Average FPS: 47.62
Duration: 37.17 sec
CPU Usage: 78%
System memory usage: 60%
Video memory usage: 97%

Jesus I'm glad I ordered a new Q6600 from Newegg overnight shipping today :eek:

I'll have the game for a few hours with my current e6750 so I can give some Duo Core benches with a 280GTX

Not too bad. What are all of these people complaining about?

The in game benchmark doesn't 100% reflect what you will see while playing.

I don't think people are complaining about average FPS, it's the minimum. Some guy on the main game forum with a fast X2 and 8800 had a screenshot at 13 fps, while just standing on the street at 1024x768 !

The in game benchmark doesn't 100% reflect what you will see while playing.

I don't think people are complaining about average FPS, it's the minimum. Some guy on the main game forum with a fast X2 and 8800 had a screenshot at 13 fps, while just standing on the street at 1024x768 !

Ack!

Got it.

Well I am going to pick it up today, so I will have to see how my rig does.

Been seeing alot of complaints that GTA4 runs like shit on top end systems, although it mostly seems to be ATI users complaining. How smoothly does it run in game with a nvidia card?

. How smoothly does it run in game with a nvidia card?
Not bad but it could definitely be better..My 280 is running about 12 degrees cooler than other games which makes me believe my card still isnt being stressed..Also,there is NA AA in this game..It doesnt look horrible but surely not good..:mad:

Not bad but it could definitely be better..My 280 is running about 12 degrees cooler than other games which makes me believe my card still isnt being stressed..Also,there is NA AA in this game..It doesnt look horrible but surely not good..:mad:

Can you force AA in nVidia control panel?

Bugger me to hell! I was so ready to pull the trigger on two copies but not if its a poorly ported pile of turd. A game as ugly as GTA4 should not stress a GTX280 or 4870X2.

Will wait to see whether a patch is going to be released to fix the performance issues.

CPU hog?

Bugger me to hell! I was so ready to pull the trigger on two copies but not if its a poorly ported pile of turd. A game as ugly as GTA4 should not stress a GTX280 or 4870X2.

Will wait to see whether a patch is going to be released to fix the performance issues.

You KNOW a patch will be out in the next week or so.

Seeing as some people are talking about it requiring newer hardware to run good, I'm starting to wonder if my rig can handle it. My current rig is in my sig.

I hope my rig can at least play it because I've been waiting for the PC version because of mods. I've read on a few websites that my mobo can't use quads, so I'll have to get to overclocking. lol

Seeing as some people are talking about it requiring newer hardware to run good, I'm starting to wonder if my rig can handle it. My current rig is in my sig.

I hope my rig can at least play it because I've been waiting for the PC version because of mods. I've read on a few websites that my mobo can't use quads, so I'll have to get to overclocking. lol

My friend is running an 8800GT and an e4300 and he says it runs like crap. Not sure what his settings are though.

I would also like to see how GTA IV scales with multiple GPUs. Although so far I'm getting the impression that this game is quite CPU dependent.

I was pretty sure we just had a few page thread discussion not long ago about this...

GTA 4 for PC is NOT a port.

GTA 4 for PC is NOT a port.

Apparently you haven't played the game. its worse than a port. Its buggier, and you can't even adjust the controls. They didn't even bother allowing you to customize your controls exactly how you want them, and the other controls screen is just a picture of a 360 controller. The game is already a piece of shit.

Oh, and it runs like shit on a 4870x2, and it looks worse than consoles.

Apparently you haven't played the game. its worse than a port. Its buggier, and you can't even adjust the controls. They didn't even bother allowing you to customize your controls, and the controls screen is just a picture of a 360 controller. The game is already a piece of shit.

Oh, and it runs like shit on a 4870x2, and it looks worse than consoles.

game is CPU dependent. upgrade your cpu if u want more fps

God help us if all new games require a CPU faster than a quad core clocked at 3.6 ghz. Next time you take a trip in your delorium to the future would you mind picking us up some Octocore cpus clocked at 5 ghz so we can play buggy console ports....thanks in advance :D

Christ, if an i7 can't handle it, it is either a crappy port, or just TOO much for current hardware to handle, a la Oblivion.

God help us if all new games require a CPU faster than a quad core clocked at 3.6 ghz. Next time you take a trip in your delorium to the future would you mind picking us up some Octocore cpus clocked at 5 ghz so we can play buggy console ports....thanks in advance :D

That's DeLorean.

No matter how low I turn down the settings, it still runs at 5-15fps. Turning off the second GPU makes ZERO difference. This game was a waste of $50. Even if I turn it down to the console settings, it still runs like shit, and my GPU is significantly more powerful than an Xbox 360's. This game needs to be pirated. Fuck the Console ports, this is getting fucking ridiculous.

Texture Quality
Texture quality affects the visual quality of the content of the game. High setting for textures will require 600MB of video memory at a setting of 21 View Distance in addition to the memory taken by the Video Mode. A medium texture setting is recommended for most users.

View Distance
A setting of 22 or more will provide PC users an enhanced experience over the console versions.

Detail Distance
A setting of 10 would be the equivalent to the performance on a console.

Shadow Density
Shadow Density controls the number of shadows generated for positional lights in exterior environments. These shadows are exclusive to the PC version and can have a major impact on CPU and GPU performance.

It needs a HUGE framebuffer though, and FSAA doesn't work...

hmm. I wonder if it uses a deferred renderer like STALKER? That sure as shit would explain it.

No matter how low I turn down the settings, it still runs at 5-15fps. Turning off the second GPU makes ZERO difference. This game was a waste of $50. Even if I turn it down to the console settings, it still runs like shit, and my GPU is significantly more powerful than an Xbox 360's. This game needs to be pirated. Fuck the Console ports, this is getting fucking ridiculous.
you sir need to calm down.

something is not right with your system. it probably the 4870X2 and its drivers not liking the game for some reason, give it a week and i bet either new gpu driver or game patch resolves the issues.. 15fps on low is a bug, many people have this game running very well.

skating-wrong.jpg

Back