Samsung T220: do i have RTA artifacts?

I've been trying to diagnose a problem ive been experiencing with my Samsung T220 ever since i bought it a few days ago, and i now believe that the RTA feature may be causing artifacting. Problem is this is my first LCD monitor and i don't know exactly what an artifact is in this case, but whatever im seeing doesn't look right.

Whenever i scroll up and down through a forum with a light background and black text, for example, i see a white shadow or trail matching the shape of the letters. Similar problem when i use my Windows "Start" menu. Scrolling through the grey program list leaves a teal/baby blue-ish trail behind.

When RTA is turned on (Mode 1 or 2) the streaks are there, when i turn it off, they're gone.

Does that sound like an artifacting problem to you guys? Is it even worth using this monitor without RTA enabled? FWIW, my screen appears to be a CMO base on info here: http://www.avforums.com/forums/computer-monitors/750613-samsung-t220-22-lcd-monitor-2.html

I can throw up a video of the problem in action if that clears things up.

Don't have that problem, just bad backlight bleed in upper and lower center edges of the screen (that everyone has apparently).

According to that info I have a samsung panel. I think I'm going to grab a HP w2207h also on sale at BB and run em side by side, and keep the one I like better.

One thing I did notice on the T220 was tearing. Not much, but it was there once in a while. Can't remember what triggered it. Either way, I returned it and got the T260. No problems with this one other than the slight backlight bleed on top and the bottom.

If you run faster than 60fps in a game you will get tearing on an LCD no matter what you do. I haven't noticed any but I run with vsync on always.

Back