HD 4850 X2 2x1GB $280 AR @Newegg

I bet once all the other ones from the other vendors come out, and with the release of the upcoming gt200bs this thing is going to go down a lot.

There will be no other 4850 x2's from other vendors; Sapphire was the only one of ATI's distributors who wanted to do the 4850 x2. Oh, and the 4850 x2 1GB version (that is, 512mb/GPU) is also available now for cheaper ...

I have the 4850 x2 and so far it's been working very well; I'll put together a review sometime this week (or weekend). It's been a busy time studying for finals @ college.

Checking it now... :)
ecstatic.gif

There will be no other 4850 x2's from other vendors; Sapphire was the only one of ATI's distributors who wanted to do the 4850 x2. Oh, and the 4850 x2 1GB version (that is, 512mb/GPU) is also available now for cheaper ...

I have the 4850 x2 and so far it's been working very well; I'll put together a review sometime this week (or weekend). It's been a busy time studying for finals @ college.

For what it is worth...
The only thing I'm undecided on is the videocard. I might get a 48701GB, I want to see if other vendors come out with 4850x2's and the word I got from the event tonight was it should be within the next month that we'll see non-sapphire 4850x2's. We shall see than. :D.

Btw a review of the card:
http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/sapphire_radeon_4850_x2_review/

That is not true to my knowledge. When I was @ the AMD event in Chicago on Tuesday that is one of the things I asked about they told me we would see other 4850x2's in about a month.

BTW, here's the link to the 4850 x2 2x512MB (1GB) sale ($309, no rebates).

only 20 something less and half the memory. I don't see this going far. I would have liked to have seen if 2gb would have done anything. ( I doubt it)

This is now a much better deal than the currently overpriced HD 4870 X2. The HD 4870 X2 was a card with a great value but since the price of other cards has dropped, it would be much cheaper to buy 2x HD 4870 1GB than the HD 4870 X2.

Dear Lord that card is ginormous. 11.25 inches? We're talking John Holmes territory here. Why on earth is this card longer than the 4870X2? Definitely not for everyone as physically fitting the card in will be in issue for a lot of people.

That's got to be close to the longest GPU ever made. I seem to be recall a couple years back that Sapphire also made a crossfire 1950pro on a single board that was also ridiculous in length. Sapphire sure likes their cards big. Are they overcompensating for something? :p

Those things are very sexy, I run 3x 24 inchs and a projector (and sometimes a 27,39, 21 CRT) and would have loved to have had quad dvi on my 4870x2. 5 monitors on one card would be pretty dang awesome and in a couple months getting a 4870 1gb to add another card should be dirt cheap.

I actually wasn't sure if you could run that many monitors are a card that probably forces CF to be on (I'm guessing its only in 2d though?)

That is not true to my knowledge. When I was @ the AMD event in Chicago on Tuesday that is one of the things I asked about they told me we would see other 4850x2's in about a month.

I hope you're right, as my biggest gripe against Sapphire's 4850 x2 is the black shroud ... it feels a bit flimsier than I'd hoped for.

This is now a much better deal than the currently overpriced HD 4870 X2. The HD 4870 X2 was a card with a great value but since the price of other cards has dropped, it would be much cheaper to buy 2x HD 4870 1GB than the HD 4870 X2.

yeah also dont forget how bad crossfire is on the P35 boards.

and people who run Nvidia boards can't crossfire, so they'll pay the small premium to get the 4870X2

yeah also dont forget how bad crossfire is on the P35 boards.

and people who run Nvidia boards can't crossfire, so they'll pay the small premium to get the 4870X2

Maybe they are baiting nVidia to release the GTX 295 at a higher price before dropping the price of the HD 4870 X2 to a more reasonable price when compared to the 1GB HD 4870s.

Something to consider?:

When I first tested (and published) this article, I wasn't certain that my results were accurate because of a very low power draw reading. After a full week of testing and re-testing, I can now be certain that my results were accurate all along. To my surprise, the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 exhibited such a low consumption at idle that it actually measured slightly less than a single Radeon HD 4850. But that's not the real news, because once I confirmed the results of my testing under full load this product stepped out and demanded my attention. At a mere 160W of VGA power consumption under load, the Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 actually consumes 10W less power than the GeForce 9800 GX2. This might not mean anything to you yet, but consider this: it also consumes 83W less power than a single Radeon 4870, and a full 160W less than the 4870 X2 under load. That's very impressive energy efficiency in my book, and something that Sapphire should be quite proud of.

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.p...k=view&id=244&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=10

Gah Just bought a 4870x2 2 days ago, but its the OC'd Visiontek got it for 400 from a forum member so 167 off is still damn nice =D

I just noticed that this is a weekend promotion so you guys better get them before the price goes up again.

in for one. going to try it with an hd4870 in cf to see if it adds anything. or add it to 2 hd4870, if possible.

dont know. if it works like sli, the hd4870 512mb memory will negate the 4850x2 2gb memory and only allow 512 to be used. i will see on tuesday.

Lol, I thought that after the weekend the price will go back up, now it goes further down to $280 AR.

From the reviews I've seen the fan seems to be on the loud side. Anyone experience this, input?

in for one. going to try it with an hd4870 in cf to see if it adds anything. or add it to 2 hd4870, if possible.

If you can please tell us the performance difference with a single HD 4870 and the difference with the HD 4870 in crossfire.

Back