Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

Refurbished monitors from Dell comes with 3 year warranty in standard.
Even if you buy a new monitor, you'd still get a refurbished monitor if anything goes wrong after 21 days so this deal is smoking hot.

D= just paid $900 a couple months back.

Definitely worth it, and wish I had use for a 2nd one cause I'd order it in a heartbeat.

Unfortunately, no use... I had 2 x 24 and 1 x 30 and never put anything on the 24"s and it was more of an effort to "make use" of them then it was worth... I can edit video in Vegas at 720p all on one screen with plenty of room for the timeline/other editing areas. Before I would put the timeline on one screen and put the preview on the 2nd... which was cool but got tedious.

Anyways, awesome monitor, but watch out with the service tags. Mine are fucked up and labelled for a Canada and can't get any tech support from Dell. For whatever reason the stand in mine locked at the lowest height position and they said they'd probably have to send out a new stand but they can't do anything till someone fixes the service tag and I've called quite a few times and been transferred to canada and US tech support and back and forth... Small mistake on their part... but it's annoying as fuck...

Also mine had no dead/stuck pixels and very little backlight bleeding... few scuffs on the back area but none on the screen itself.

Question and not to crap, would this monitor w/ resolution 2560*1600 be more geared towards photo/video editors?

Try this one:

<DELETED>

I scored mine for about $680 after tax.

EDIT: Sorry, it is expired now. My suggestion would be try e-junkies to see if they have any other current ones.

Question and not to crap, would this monitor w/ resolution 2560*1600 be more geared towards photo/video editors?

Here is way to much information to answer your question:

I will say for photographers it would be preferable for many to have that resolution on a smaller monitor since they want more PPI (to get closer to print and printers dpi which would be 200+) but this comes out to 100ppi which would be better than most 22-28inch WS LCD's and about equal to most 20in lcd's.

I don't do video editing but I do know the reason computer monitors are 16x10 instead of 16x9 was since they were first used in video editing and they wanted the extra space so they could have a 16x9 video and have room for toolbars so the "ideal" monitor might be the 16x10 version of 1080p (I calculate 1920x1200), but software and such has changed since then also and the 16x10 standard was probably based on 24inch crt's. Then again video editors work at all differnt kinds of resolutions so I would suspect that more can't hurt.

Many video/photo/graphics guys seem to like their Apple 30in (but the apple logo makes them 3x better for that kind of work don't you know). But in a magical world of dreams most photographers would probably want something like the IBM T220/T221 which at 3840x2400 (4 times 1920×1200 basically) @ 22.2in is over 200dpi and most video editors would want that res for doing 4x HD.

^- I would SO rep you if you could. Always wondered why 16:10 existed. Autograph plz.

What rally9x said is pretty much all true. It's funny how few people actually know anything about computer displays.

Many video/photo/graphics guys seem to like their Apple 30in (but the apple logo makes them 3x better for that kind of work don't you know).
:D

Now, to expand on what rally9x said, this monitor has no built-in scaler. Effectively, this means that the monitor does not need to do any work whatsoever when receiving the video signal. It either doubles 1280x800, or you can run full 2560x1600. Any scaling must be done by your video card. Why? That means because this monitor has no work to do, it has almost 0 latency compared to a CRT. It is most certainly not as fast, but not noticeably slower. So, it is ideal for video editing where you can have a full 1080p film, plus a lot of space for misc toolbars and other things, and best of all, the film/progress bar will be displaying in real-time with essentially no delay.

That also makes this the perfect monitor for animation and gaming, but for the latter, a resolution of 2560x1600 is incredibly taxing. You need a ton of video memory, so GTX260/GTX280/8800Ultra/8800GTX/4870-1GB in SLI is ideal, because of their accessible memory. Note that cards like 4850, 8800GT, 8600, etc. are useless with more than 512MB of video RAM because of their limited bandwidth and memory speed, so I would avoid them for 2500x1600.

I would suggest a professional calibration device though. Once you calibrate this baby, it is absolutely fantastic. The only way it could possibly improve would be better blacks and greys, but that's something that you can't really be too picky about with LCDs.

Now, while a 22" quad-HD display is good for viewing multiple angles/scenes/post-processing effects, the decreased DPI on this allows you to view more pixel detail with greater ease when it comes to film. For print, it is not as good. But then again, this is much cheaper. ;) Edit: And I forgot to point out that they require even more expensive professional video cards to output those resolutions, and the latency is rather heavy.

If ANYONE has a 15% off coupon for this they don't need, PLEASE shoot it my way. I'm going to buy the monitor if I can find a coupon.

this is an awesome deal on a mid range entry level monitor

In for two - you can use 1 Dell coupon for more than one monitor on the same order, BTW, FTW!

In for two - you can use 1 Dell coupon for more than one monitor on the same order, BTW, FTW!

damn. talk about a [h]ard setup.

Just out of curiosity: what will you be using these for?

Also, what kind of warranty did you get with it? I saw on the website they offer a 90 day warranty on all monitors.

What is the policy with regards to dead pixels?

I'm leary of buying refurbished anything. I figure there is a reason they are refurbished. IMO, a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, for instance, would make even $750 for a 30' a waste of money.

I'm leary of buying refurbished anything. I figure there is a reason they are refurbished. IMO, a dead pixel in the middle of the screen, for instance, would make even $750 for a 30' a waste of money.
I got a stuck pixel in the middle of mine(got it 2 months ago for 830) and they told me they have a no questions asked return. I kept it anyways because the pixels are so small its really hard to see. Even tho i know where it is i still struggle to find it when im looking for it.

I got a stuck pixel in the middle of mine(got it 2 months ago for 830) and they told me they have a no questions asked return. I kept it anyways because the pixels are so small its really hard to see. Even tho i know where it is i still struggle to find it when im looking for it.

Wow, they have a policy like that even on their refurb models?

How is the ghosting/input lag in games?

I might have to check this out.

in for one to go with my current one.. thanks OP!!

now I need to sell my two 2007fp's... any takers?

Great price!
I was planning to upgrade my monitor next year but I may have changed my mind.
I live in Montreal but I can ship this item in NY and pick it up afterwards...

Wow, they have a policy like that even on their refurb models?

How is the ghosting/input lag in games?

I might have to check this out.
I game just fine on it. No ghosting that i can see and deff no input lag. The warranty is great on it witch is the reason why i got refurb. They said no questions asked u just send it in and you will get another.

I have to disagree. The 3007WFP-HC is Dell's top-of-the-line monitor, if anything it's an entry-level high-end monitor. Beyond that there's higher-end stuff, including professional monitors, which is what I would classify the NEC as.

Great price!
I was planning to upgrade my monitor next year but I may have changed my mind.
I live in Montreal but I can ship this item in NY and pick it up afterwards...
I live in Montreal as well, this is tempting as hell. Heck, if you wanted to resell them in Canada, after import taxes you could still net a profit of about CA$100-150 per monitor.

Dam good deal, I hope some guys on here snagged some up. I want pics soon though!!

That was pretty quick. If I had not already bought a 30'' from ebay, I surely would've got this one.

Mine was flawless... few scuffs on the casing and stand but the screen itself was perfect and still is :D

Back