AFx16

Will run with PhysX on my 280 next.

GTX 280 PhysX

Total Time..248.009s
Total Frames Count 9821
Average FPS 39.6
Minimum FPS 24.2
Maximum FPS 95.2

So..Running a dedicated GPU for PhysX shows a definite improvement..VERY NICE!!

Rig in Sig..

Yeah, I would take the ATI scores with a grain of salt. I was "smart" and bought a PPU with my new system since I knew Nvidia was going to push Physx.

My test system:

E8500 (Stock Speeds)
4 GB DDR2-800
4870X2 (Stock Speeds - driver 8.12)
BFG Ageia PPU

Running at 1280x1024 Default Medium settings, No AA

First off, I had to go back one revision of the Physx software (8.09) to get any type of performance. Second, there were artifacts with the lights and some reflections (highlights on walls from the light) that were "rainbows".

That said, I got without PPU:

Avg: 10 fps
Min: 3 fps
Max: 115.1 fps

With PPU:

Avg: 21.7 fps
Min: 8.3 fps
Max: 105.9 fps

All other physx demos and games ran as normal. I really felt that the PPU was waiting on the video card. Something is borked with the game and ATI cards.

wow, you're getting some insanely good looking numbers, g1xx3r! wonder how my lowly sli 8800GTs will perform in this tech demo, once i get vista re-installed again.

Eh, cool.

It's going to be neat looking at how people and what results they're going to have with their specs when running it with the tech demo ;)
ecstatic.gif

I was "smart" and bought a PPU with my new system since I knew Nvidia was going to push Physx.

Im outta the loop a bit......I know what PPU stands for.....but you mention that you "bought" one with your new system.

Where does one get one of these PPU's? I thought they would already be on a card???

I can't get this to run. The screen is just black so I 3 finger to close it but the window pops up showing it was run and the frames, etc.

Crap, I've got a GTX 260 card but I didn't realize Vista was required to play it. :mad: I just thought I needed a card that could run PhysX. Guess, I'll wait for the full game to try it in DX9 since I'm not reinstalling the turd that is Vista!

I've tried with my OC w/o OC, the 181.00 drivers, older drivers, newest physx, older, with SLI, w/o SLI. I just can't get this thing to run on my system.

Total Time 310.370 s
Total Frames Count 9821
Average FPS 31.6
Minimum FPS 18.3
Maximum FPS 75.3

My Settings

DX10
1920x1200
All settings Max
AFx16

Sli'd GTX 260's (178.24), Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz (400x8 1600fsb 1:1)

is the dedicated ageia phys-x card supported in vista??? i cant seem to recall it being supported, thats just another of a few reasons i have not upgraded to vista.

can i maybe use the driver signature overwriter enforcer thing to force the phsyx drivers for my card to load, because xp64 works great with my setup in sig.

im so tempted to setup an install of vista to check stuff out if things work right.

It ran smoothly on my rig , all maxed out at 1680x1050.

The results didn't pop up after the test though. Is it saved in a folder or did I just have a minor bug?
I guess Ill run the test again once I get home.

I hope to see more of this game in the upcoming months, it looks pretty cool so far.
The rifle looks like a WWII Soviet Tokarev SVT-40.
I like how remaining ammunition is shown by a cut away of the magazine.

The game is set to release in February 2009, classified as a First-person shooter/Survival horror set in 1968 Russia.

Official Game Site

It ran smoothly on my rig , all maxed out at 1680x1050.

The results didn't pop up after the test though. Is it saved in a folder or did I just have a minor bug?
I guess Ill run the test again once I get home.

Ah I skipped over the small window the first time.
Here is my benchmark test.
Maxed out everything.
bab.jpg

Directx 10
hardware physics
1920x1080
Texture res high
Normal maps high
Specular maps high
Shadows high
Motion Blur
Camera motion blur
Water caustic
Anisotropic 16x
Sound on

Average 46.7
Min. 30.2
Max. 136.5

1600x1200
Sound on
Antistropic off

Avg: 28.7
Min: 11.8
Max: 68.6

Not too bad for a aging system :)

Edit, one last run @ 1280x1024 and high settings with no sound

Avg: 32.8
Min: 12.5
Max: 75.9

Would this work with an ATI card at all? Or are there PPU's available for ATI as well? Yes/no?

Would this work with an ATI card at all? Or are there PPU's available for ATI as well? Yes/no?

Yes the game should work. But the fps would be horrid. (unless you have a NASA spec processor)

The ageia phys-x card is the only PPU I know of and can be used with any system.

Back