Need help with LG 246WP driven by Intel GMA 4500MHD

AV17

n00b
Hi,

Long time reader, first time poster :)

I'm having major problems setting my LG 246WP driven by Intel GMA 4500MHD through the port replicator for my Dell E6400.

I've searched the web extensively (including the LG 246WP thread on this forum which was very helpful in me getting this monitor to work with my previous notebook that had a dedicated ATI card); however, the digital (DVI-to-HDMI) connection just doesn't give me the image with Intel graphics. By the way everything works through VGA but the VGA quality is noticeably worse than the DVI/HDMI one.

Here's the problem, the image is shifted to the North-West of the monitor; I'm trying to show this with the picture below (pluses are the image, and hash marks are the physical monitor):

++++++++++++++++
+..............+
+...################
+...#..........+...#
+...#..........+...#
+...#..........+...#
++++#+++++++++++...#
....################

The monitor's native resolution is 1920x1200, and the Intel driver seems to support it as I can select it. Since this hasn't given me any positive results; I've been hacking the registry for the past couple of nights following all the suggestions found on the web. I used DTD calculator to calculate the proper DTD string and then add the DTD for 1920x1200p to the Intel's driver registry, toggle some other flags there, etc. but to no avail.

I did try to modify the monitor's EDID in the registry following what I saw in MonInfo and PowerStrip; however, those changes didn't stick, and after reboot my monitor registry settings were the same as before the changes.

Right now I'm at a loss, as I'm stuck using VGA (which by the way doesn't put the monitor to sleep along with the computer). Any help is greatly appreciated. I can provide any additional information to make this connection happen :)

Thanks for your help.

-- Alex

I am having the same issue. There is a thread on the L246WP monitor which discusses the problem, but its for the nvidia drivers.

I have dell studio with built in intel graphics accelerator with an hdmi out.

Hi vrbaba,

I just saw your message in the LG 246WP thread. Let me post some of my experiences in that thread.

-- Alex

Back