AMD Knows 8.12 has issues.

why would u crossfire a 4870 with a 4850? u get worse performance than CF4850s. :confused:

go back about 10 pages and u might find the thread.

Actually, this happened to me with the 8.12's on two HD4870's. After install and reboot, I got the vista logo when logging in, but the screen went black and I couldn't log in. I just powered down and powered back on and I was able to boot into Vista64. At least I was able to recover. Would have been pissed if I had to scrub the video drivers in Safe mode.

why would u crossfire a 4870 with a 4850? u get worse performance than CF4850s. :confused:

go back about 10 pages and u might find the thread.

Actually I did it as a test to see if it worked. Initially yes there was worse performance, but with the hotfix now I am getting much better FPS.

Actually, this happened to me with the 8.12's on two HD4870's. After install and reboot, I got the vista logo when logging in, but the screen went black and I couldn't log in. I just powered down and powered back on and I was able to boot into Vista64. At least I was able to recover. Would have been pissed if I had to scrub the video drivers in Safe mode.
I have had to do this for every driver install since the 8.09's. 4870 Crossfire setup.

I have had to do this for every driver install since the 8.09's. 4870 Crossfire setup.

Same here. I get to the vista logo, but when the desktop tries to load it's just a black screen, with a tiny strip of the desktop showing through on the right side. I can restart and everything is fine. It only happens every once in a while, but it's still quite annoying.

Back